The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #61,351 of 87,756
So, a month or so ago, I posted that I am done with this hobby. Since then, I have bought three IEMs , none of which were very expensive, and three ISN and Penon cables. So much for being "done". Things have slowed down here as expected.
I have begun to sort out my collection of IEMs, ear tips and cables. In doing so, I have given much thought to my next major purchase, a very good portable DAP. Jeff, our leader has been preaching about his A & K AR 35. He has never led me wrong and A & K has recently revamped this DAP. It will be my Christmas present to my self in October or November. Most of my DAPS are kinda big, so I am going for an exercise DAP to replace my little HiBys. Also, there is a surprise IEM coming soon that some of us ordered months ago.
LOL, yes, leaving this hobby is easy. Done it loads of times myself.

Also just got the SR35 myself. And loving it for its size, features & performance ratio.

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #61,352 of 87,756
oh my god
im buy m9+

He sent a photo with my name and date next to the product.
Sorry to hear this. I hope you manage to sort it out soon.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #61,354 of 87,756
So, a month or so ago, I posted that I am done with this hobby. Since then, I have bought three IEMs , none of which were very expensive, and three ISN and Penon cables. So much for being "done". Things have slowed down here as expected.
I have begun to sort out my collection of IEMs, ear tips and cables. In doing so, I have given much thought to my next major purchase, a very good portable DAP. Jeff, our leader has been preaching about his A & K AR 35. He has never led me wrong and A & K has recently revamped this DAP. It will be my Christmas present to my self in October or November. Most of my DAPS are kinda big, so I am going for an exercise DAP to replace my little HiBys. Also, there is a surprise IEM coming soon that some of us ordered months ago.
Lol. No such thing as being "done" with the hobby.

My dream as for now will be something from Cayin probably. But i did get myself the fiio m11 plus ltd (limited edition). I'm starting to love android based daps and i think i will be venturing in this particular market.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #61,355 of 87,756
And just a tip to everyone here. If u try and log in to head-fi and it prompts u for 2 factor authentication but didn’t ever select it, your account has been hacked. I couldn’t get in for around 20 hours and had to email head fi for a password reset. The ***hole sold like a bunch of made up items in the interim.
Good to know... sorry to hear that glad to know it's sorted

(ah and I did activate 2FA I missed that option in the preferences so thanks)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #61,356 of 87,756
Hi guys! :)

For those interested in Simphonio P0, I have a good news and a bad news!

The rep guy just told me it can now be purchased abroad through Linsoul!

IMG_2219.jpg

Here is the link:

https://www.linsoul.com/products/simphonio-p0

The bad news is that it’s $4899 USD!!!! :scream: (in China it’s $4000)

Suddenly I’ve never felt so happy with myself for spending $4000!!! 🤣

At that price it’s definitely going to refrain quite a few people’s GAS!

Looking on the bright side, it’s still significantly cheaper than Traillii! :sweat_smile:

For what it’s worth, if it can give any indication on how good I think they are, they (with a little push from The Boss (my wife) :D) made me sell the Traillii that I have had for almost 3 years! Not that they are very similar in tuning, Traillii has warmer mids and more laidback, but for me Traillii was also my “big soundstage” IEM. Since P0 exceeds Traillii on that aspect (and many others) I decided to let it go.
In the worst case I could still go for a Traillii Ti if I miss them too much!! :thinking: Ehhh… No! Don’t tell my wife I said that, OK?! We’re all friends here! You wouldn’t do that to me, right?! :grinning:

Cheers and enjoy the music!

Julien.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #61,358 of 87,756
ALERT. Amazon has micro memory cards on SALE. THIS IS the last day. Sandisk Extreme is $95 for 1 Tb.
LEXAR is $63

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #61,359 of 87,756
So, a month or so ago, I posted that I am done with this hobby. Since then, I have bought three IEMs

Lol...classic. Have you heard the Trifecta yet? Would love your thoughts on that.

, none of which were very expensive, and three ISN and Penon cables. So much for being "done". Things have slowed down here as expected.

I love the SR35! In terms of bang for buck it's been one of the best purchases I've made in this hobby.

Also just got the SR35 myself. And loving it for its size, features & performance ratio.

Yup. Among other things it has a 20 band EQ which is a really nice feature for a player that size.

For those interested in Simphonio P0

...it’s $4899 USD!!!!

Insanity. Supermoon was the first truly great planar IEM I heard and I've been eagerly awaiting the "next level up" on that front...unfortunately this one is priced out of my willingness zone. There isn't much I'm really looking forward to at this point but more solid planar IEM options in the ~$2k price range is definitely at the top of my wish list.

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #61,360 of 87,756
Insanity. Supermoon was the first truly great planar IEM I heard and I've been eagerly awaiting the "next level up" on that front...unfortunately this one is priced out of my willingness zone. There isn't much I'm really looking forward to at this point but more solid planar IEM options in the ~$2k price range is definitely at the top of my wish list.
madoo.jp soon launching their Typ821 which is a "single micro square planar with push pull" for Jpy220,000 (around US$1600). On my radar and impressions of the production unit seem positive.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #61,361 of 87,756
Hi guys! :)

For those interested in Simphonio P0, I have a good news and a bad news!

The rep guy just told me it can now be purchased abroad through Linsoul!

IMG_2219.jpg

Here is the link:

https://www.linsoul.com/products/simphonio-p0

The bad news is that it’s $4899 USD!!!! :scream: (in China it’s $4000)

Suddenly I’ve never felt so happy with myself for spending $4000!!! 🤣

At that price it’s definitely going to refrain quite a few people’s GAS!

Looking on the bright side, it’s still significantly cheaper than Traillii! :sweat_smile:

For what it’s worth, if it can give any indication on how good I think they are, they (with a little push from The Boss (my wife) :D) made me sell the Traillii that I have had for almost 3 years! Not that they are very similar in tuning, Traillii has warmer mids and more laidback, but for me Traillii was also my “big soundstage” IEM. Since P0 exceeds Traillii on that aspect (and many others) I decided to let it go.
In the worst case I could still go for a Traillii Ti if I miss them too much!! :thinking: Ehhh… No! Don’t tell my wife I said that, OK?! We’re all friends here! You wouldn’t do that to me, right?! :grinning:

Cheers and enjoy the music!

Julien.
this one being full planar i am super curious. your placement against traillii is quite the statement. i am also waiting to see some impressions over the new elysian dio. not to mention my curiosity over supreme v3… lots to be excited about.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #61,362 of 87,756
this one being full planar i am super curious. your placement against traillii is quite the statement. i am also waiting to see some impressions over the new elysian dio. not to mention my curiosity over supreme v3… lots to be excited about.
I'll try to stay happy with LCDi4 which isn't difficult.

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #61,363 of 87,756
I'll try to stay happy with LCDi4 which isn't difficult.
wow ! thanks for making it even more complicated for me. never knew this one. haven’t searched yet but is there any reviews reflecting your experience ? or perhaps your impressions ? against MM and traillli ? i name these two as in my view they have become benchmark iems.

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #61,364 of 87,756
wow ! thanks for making it even more complicated for me. never knew this one. haven’t searched yet but is there any reviews reflecting your experience ? or perhaps your impressions ? against MM and traillli ? i name these two as in my view they have become benchmark iems.
IMG_0552.jpeg

They hold their own with EQ vs the Mentor.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #61,365 of 87,756
I’ve apparently hit iem endgame, have an Orpheus on the way to pair with my jewel and newly acquired mentor. I will post impressions once I’ve given them the needed eartime. Dap wise I’m primarily a cayin n8ii user as I love the tube sound, but I also have a 300max (which I may list) and a wm1z

Given orphy is on the way I have my first times non-shielded on the market at a good price. As many here know it’s a fantastic cable, if interested please reach out or check my classified :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back