The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 4, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #13,396 of 91,349
Another thing which this thread has done is to introduce me to good music! Just downloaded FLACs of We Like it Here and listening to the album while catching up on the Watercooler!! Just awesome!

Cheers I think my favorite thing about this thread is its cosmopolitan nature and culture of people around the world sharing their love and experience of this hobby in their own way. It's great to see such unity and community on a worldwide scale in these troubling times. Cheers all.

Edit: I've got a cough and have become a bit congested so my boss suggested I take a sick day...which means I'll be confined to my living room listening to EXT & the Frontier Series IEMs through the M9 for much of the day. Somehow, I'll manage to cope.

Edit 2: Bassheads be like...

274571373_486862279677575_1636254692750872515_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #13,397 of 91,349
Cheers I think my favorite thing about this thread is its cosmopolitan nature and culture of people around the world sharing their love and experience of this hobby in their own way. It's great to see such unity and community on a worldwide scale in these troubling times. Cheers all.

Edit: I've got a cough and have become a bit congested so my boss suggested I take a sick day...which means I'll be confined to my living room listening to EXT & the Frontier Series IEMs through the M9 for much of the day. Somehow, I'll manage to cope.

Edit 2: Bassheads be like...

274571373_486862279677575_1636254692750872515_n.jpg
Amazing the powers of recovery that can be gained from a good listening session. Get well soon!

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #13,398 of 91,349

Get better soon! I managed to doge covid from my gf for a week in the house but my luck ran out today! Welp :frowning2: But atleast now I can also spend some time with my gears too and feel better!

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #13,399 of 91,349
Get better soon! I managed to doge covid from my gf for a week in the house but my luck ran out today! Welp :frowning2: But atleast now I can also spend some time with my gears too and feel better!
Probably didn't come as much of a surprise to you. Hard to dodge when you are living with someone.

You've plenty of gear there help to ease the pain! Hope you're doing alright.

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #13,400 of 91,349
He had fit issues and had to return it though he did say he liked it. Shame as i was really hoping to get his impressions vis-à-vis Zen Pro.
I was expecting the same, and with Dark Sky as well...

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #13,402 of 91,349
TOP 5

1) Vision Ears EXT
2) Fir Audio XE6
3) Oriolus Traillii
4) Vision Ears Phonix
5) Dunu Zen Pro

The above are currently my personal top 5. Each of them has a distinct driver config and distinct strengths and between the 5 of them every one of my personal preferences and ideals is masterfully represented one way or another.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #13,403 of 91,349
TOP 5

1) Vision Ears EXT
2) Fir Audio XE6
3) Oriolus Traillii
4) Vision Ears Phonix
5) Dunu Zen Pro

The above are currently my personal top 5. Each of them has a distinct driver config and distinct strengths and between the 5 of them every one of my personal preferences and ideals is masterfully represented one way or another.
You have seriously moved away from midfi with that list. I've heard all 5 of those IEMs and that would be a killer collection. I would probably add Elysium to it to give it some more balance toward the mids and for lighter, less bass emphasized music.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #13,405 of 91,349
You have seriously moved away from midfi with that list. I've heard all 5 of those IEMs and that would be a killer collection. I would probably add Elysium to it to give it some more balance toward the mids and for lighter, less bass emphasized music.

Elysium would be a great option for any collection but between Traillii and EXT everything I loved about Ely is either equaled or one-upped.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #13,406 of 91,349
I seriously want to get the traillii, for me it feels like "the one that got away"!

Now is a great time as they're readily available on the used market for half of what they were listed at new.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #13,408 of 91,349
TOP 5

1) Vision Ears EXT
2) Fir Audio XE6
3) Oriolus Traillii
4) Vision Ears Phonix
5) Dunu Zen Pro
S+ list, but really speaks a lot about your high opinion of the Zen Pro.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #13,409 of 91,349
Elysium would be a great option for any collection but between Traillii and EXT everything I loved about Ely is either equaled or one-upped.
I know what you mean, I am saying something different. I am not commenting on technical capabilities. I am talking about diversity of sound profile. All of the IEMs in your top 5 are energetic IEMs with the exception of Traillii which is softer and smoother in its delivery. If you want a relaxing sound for listening to "Morning Dance" by Spyro Gyra, Elysium is your best bet for that track. I realize that you may not like this type of music, so I am not trying to change your rankings. I am just adding a dimension to the discussion of creating a diversified collection of IEMs like stocks in a stock portfolio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back