The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #86,806 of 87,920
*blinks* For some reason I lumped e-stats in the BA basket. Blame that 3 hour baby brain sleep. #facepalm
And I'm listening to Trailii out of a Hugo 2 as I type this.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 9.34.29 PM.png

Eastern preference showing despite being down under. Kids love this stuff. Slather it on anything and they'll eat it.

Hmm, it just occurred to me, I bet nuggets coated in rice flour and steamed (similar to 粉蒸肉 but with a finer ground) and then Hoisin would be good? It would probably be a hit in HK.

Tbh idk if yall have Nando’s but try the extra bloody hot sauce with chicken nugs kinda slaps

We don't have Nando's here in the States, I think that's mainly a Commonwealth thing.

Tangy BBQ sounds wrong..

It is, very wrong.

Curry sauce here, a lil too sweet for me though.

Hmm, so not quite real Curry then?

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #86,808 of 87,920
Very true from my perspective, but the weight man. How can you cope with it? Deepest fit possible, sturdy cable, and not moving your head?

drftr
IEM Neckbrace to ensure optimal listening position?

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #86,809 of 87,920
There’s a couple of locations throughout the US

Wow, did not know that! Admittedly, not sure that's a good thing. :smile: Next thing you know, we'll have Gregg's too! :smile:

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #86,810 of 87,920
IEM Neckbrace to ensure optimal listening position?

Sennheiser tried going in that direction, didn't work.

1713275536264.png

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #86,811 of 87,920
BTW, the very best single driver iem in the world truly must be the Rhapsodio Supreme v3.

Talk about perfection in coherence and staging, just amazing, closest thing to great headphones I've heard. Try it if you can and be similarly amazed. And this ridiculous Fantasies Copper cable is also outstanding, with this and every other of my iems, made Xe6 quite happy!
1000021093.jpg
Can't wait to try the V3 as part of the Watercooler tour but damn it's so expensive I'm terrified to even hold it! I'll probably only listen to it while seated and surrounded by pillows just in case.
Not sure if this is the right place but, anyone have any recommendations for really warm IEM’s with a lot of good base. A lot of the stuff I’ve seen recommended here is really analytical which isn’t my thing. Ideally at $3k or less and actually comfortable to wear. I’m trying to find a fun listen.
I definitely cannot speak to most of the sets that you'll get recommendations on but I'm currently borrowing an Acoustune HS1790TI from a friend for review and the bass is just excellent! Not the cleanest or fastest but it's so musical and the mids play really well off of it. And it's also around $750 compared to over $1k so that's a plus. Might be something to look into if you're curious.
That's my current favorite as an adult, and waaayyy preferred over Honey Mustard. :slight_smile:
Both men of culture I see 🧐

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #86,812 of 87,920
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #86,813 of 87,920
Wow, did not know that! Admittedly, not sure that's a good thing. :smile: Next thing you know, we'll have Gregg's too! :smile:

Yus, there's a couple in the DMV – Washington, DC, Maryland, Virginia :chicken:🍗

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.09.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #86,818 of 87,920
Anyone else love hot sauce on their eggs?

Breakfast_Homemade_03.jpg

Okay, that hot sauce looks a little...um...well, I have a 2 year old, so I'll leave it at that.

But, I LOVE hot sauce on eggs. Wife is Cajun and I'm Texan so we spice the hell out of everything!

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #86,819 of 87,920
Okay, that hot sauce looks a little...um...well, I have a 2 year old, so I'll leave it at that.

But, I LOVE hot sauce on eggs. Wife is Cajun and I'm Texan so we spice the hell out of everything!
Yeah, this one is mustard heavy and unusual, but it's one of my absolute favorites for eggs. So savory and hot!

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #86,820 of 87,920

Make my own Chipotle powder once every year, lasts all year sometimes two.

Fresh Jalapeños cut in half
(keep seeds in remove stems)
Smoked for 4-5 hours

(do these steps in a garage otherwise everyone’s eyes will be watering).
Finish dehydrating in a dehydrator
Grind in a spice mill
Jar

Then every time I make eggs I can sprinkle in as the eggs finish to cook. Delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back