The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #86,821 of 89,429
Not sure if this is the right place but, anyone have any recommendations for really warm IEM’s with a lot of good base. A lot of the stuff I’ve seen recommended here is really analytical which isn’t my thing. Ideally at $3k or less and actually comfortable to wear. I’m trying to find a fun listen.
Add the Volür to try on to the other good suggestions here. I wouldn't call it really warm, but it's definitely a more beautiful organic sound, not analytical, but still technically solid, with one of the best DD bass implementations, but with fantastic mids and a treble that can be divisive, but if you are good with it, is overall amazing. But if you are not into the current trend of bass lite analytical iem's, shouldn't bother you at all. It works great for those who love it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #86,824 of 89,429
BBQ is good. But we now have something called Tangy BBQ, which tastes like BBQ with lemon juice. It's horrible. Horrible.

Your McDonald's has Curry Sauce?

That's my current favorite as an adult, and waaayyy preferred over Honey Mustard. :slight_smile:

1000034527.jpg

I can't remember when was the last time I had these. Years it seems. But they do compliment those nuggets well! 🙂

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #86,827 of 89,429
Not sure if this is the right place but, anyone have any recommendations for really warm IEM’s with a lot of good base. A lot of the stuff I’ve seen recommended here is really analytical which isn’t my thing. Ideally at $3k or less and actually comfortable to wear. I’m trying to find a fun listen.

Try Fitear DC Ti/Dc and Soundrhyme SR8 if you had the chance, they're both leaning the warmer side compared to the other stuff I own such as UM, UE or Fir. FYI theres a huge price gap between the two though but both provided me with ample sonic satisfaction when i'm in need of a more casual sit back listen.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #86,828 of 89,429

Used XE6 – warm elevated mid-bass and tune-able isolation with included ATOM XS modules. Another is the latest Symphonium Titan with elevated bass shelf and technical chops for $999.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #86,829 of 89,429
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #86,830 of 89,429
Anyone else love hot sauce on their eggs?

Breakfast_Homemade_03.jpg

Very much a hot sauce on eggs type of guy here! Depending on my mood, it’ll range from something like The Hot Ones - The Last Dab Apollo, Tabasco (scorpion pepper version), or something a bit more mild, like Cholula or Tapatio.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #86,831 of 89,429
Sennheiser tried going in that direction, didn't work.

The elites don’t want you to know this, but this is the real audiophile experience

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #86,832 of 89,429
Very true from my perspective, but the weight man. How can you cope with it? Deepest fit possible, sturdy cable, and not moving your head?

drftr
The size and weight are as massive as its soundstage! I was wondering why they would do this. I've come to the conclusion that the heavy design is for the sound, that big brass chamber is doing a lot of the magic methinks.

Now if they could figure out how to reduce the weight and keep that grand chamber...

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #86,833 of 89,429
BTW, the very best single driver iem in the world truly must be the Rhapsodio Supreme v3.

Talk about perfection in coherence and staging, just amazing, closest thing to great headphones I've heard. Try it if you can and be similarly amazed. And this ridiculous Fantasies Copper cable is also outstanding, with this and every other of my iems, made Xe6 quite happy!
1000021093.jpg
It’s a great but bright setup, I was able to sample it! The cost of admission is eye-watering though.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #86,835 of 89,429
1/3rd lighter, 1/3rd less bright, 1/3rd cheaper, and it's a killer.

drftr
In terms of TOTL, I find this the least bright set. I think it's neutral to warm, but I'm listening thru r2r with tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back