The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 16, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #89,416 of 91,222
IMG_2270.jpeg
E7 arrived.

May 16, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #89,417 of 91,222
May 16, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #89,424 of 91,222
May 16, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #89,425 of 91,222
i have!
  1. It’s superb!
  2. Noise floor is just on the verge of being ok with hard loads and not so with easy ones.
  3. I have a passive filter adapter from Frans at DIY Audio Heaven from the days I owned a CFA3, a beast of an amp, where I used these with sensitive headphones. Of course adding any resistance has potential impact, but these are done so well there’s barely none I can perceive. With this, I can use any IEM with the AIC and it’s glorious! (a useful accessory to have in any case) — https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/passive-filters/
My #1 full-size amp for IEMs is the Auris Nirvana. As a fulll transformer-couple amp it’s extraordinarily quiet (the best noise floor of any amp I’ve ever had, SS, tube or hybrid), and with Mullard tubes rolled in it’s especially sweet sounding - best I’ve heard for IEM amping
Love the sound of Mullard tubes. Telefunken tubes sounds too technically sterile sometimes needs a change. 🥳
I think it’s ideal, for my taste. Smoothed the Ti a bit, as I felt it was a bit too energetic in the treble area. Everything feels right, with Orpheus.
You got the Ti? How does it compare with the Storm, may I ask?

May 16, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #89,428 of 91,222
A miracle occurred and now I can keep it! Haha! 😂 I really don’t want to DamzHurst this one!
My AP coming soon. Any info on if it only goes well with the N30LE or will my trusted LPGT suffice?

May 16, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #89,429 of 91,222
My AP coming soon. Any info on if it only goes well with the N30LE or will my trusted LPGT suffice?
I sold my N30LE before I bought the AP. However I have used it with my Lp P6pro ti99 and Sony WM1Z and both sound phenomenal. I am sure the N30LE AP takes it up a notch. I have had the AP for a few weeks now and I have lost A LOT of sleep due to these iems. I literally wake up in the middle of the night and grab my DAP and listen until I fall back to sleep. HAHA! My poor Fei Wan set is being left out :sweat_smile:

The Amber Pearl has this way of filling out every nook and cranny of space with sound. Its insanely immersive much like the Fei Wan but to a higher degree with AP. AP has really great bass but it cannot touch Fei Wan in this regard. Fei Wan, Volur, Creator, Trifecta, Xe6, Odin, Legend X in that order for me based purely on bass FR. I will try to write up some thorough impressions soon of AP, once the honeymoon phase is over. Same for Fei Wan, speaking of Fei Wan, here is a FW Glamour Shot!

IMG_0328.jpeg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #89,430 of 91,222
I sold my N30LE before I bought the AP. However I have used it with my Lp P6pro ti99 and Sony WM1Z and both sound phenomenal. I am sure the N30LE AP takes it up a notch. I have had the AP for a few weeks now and I have lost A LOT of sleep due to these iems. I literally wake up in the middle of the night and grab my DAP and listen until I fall back to sleep. HAHA! My poor Fei Wan set is being left out :sweat_smile:

The Amber Pearl has this way of filling out every nook and cranny of space with sound. Its insanely immersive much like the Fei Wan but to a higher degree with AP. AP has really great bass but it cannot touch Fei Wan in this regard. Fei Wan, Volur, Creator, Trifecta, Xe6, Odin, Legend X in that order for me based purely on bass FR. I will try to write up some thorough impressions soon of AP, once the honeymoon phase is over. Same for Fei Wan, speaking of Fei Wan, here is a FW Glamour Shot!

IMG_0328.jpeg
Nice photo and impressions.

How does Bellos X4 fit in between Fei Wan & Amber Pearl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back