The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #75,301 of 89,178
It’s a matter of convenience and also for listening to audiobooks and podcasts etc. I’m often popping out for a walk with my dog and easier to grab a TWS!
I deleted that post because it does come off just straight up rude which I don’t condone lol... but yeah I understand the convenience of TWS Just not for me whatsoever.. even the comfort isn’t good compared to any of my iems

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #75,302 of 89,178
Man I tried to go from using MSE at the gym to APP2 and it was just awful 😭 I totally get the convenience but as far as enjoyment for music goes… sheesh. 🫣
I think I suggested to you before but think you might have missed it.

Why not go for the Noble Fokus Prestige TWS in custom for? I think it's similar sound signature to the MSE and it's definitely far better than APP2 in terms of SQ.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #75,303 of 89,178
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #75,304 of 89,178
I think I suggested to you before but think you might have missed it.

Why not go for the Noble Fokus Prestige TWS in custom for? I think it's similar sound signature to the MSE and it's definitely far better than APP2 in terms of SQ.

I’m also too lazy to keep charging stuff. The amount of times my APP died mid workout causes me unneeded stress 😂

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #75,305 of 89,178
Alright everyone what better way to celebrate Christmas than to kickoff the Watercooler 2023 IEM of the Year Poll

I'm trying a new design for this particular poll, we'll see how it goes. There will be a higher end and a lower end bracket. Folks will choose 3 IEMs from a selection of IEMs that have appeared on the scene starting with CanJam SoCal 2022, and that have done well in our polls or otherwise captured folks' attention. (I may have been a little looser with this for the mid-fi bracket.)

Of the 3 selections each person's first choice will be awarded 5 points, second choice 3 points and third choice 1 point. You may not vote for the same IEM more than once and if you do I'll take the points from the highest value question and ignore the rest.

The poll will be open for a week and I'll close it down at or close to midnight Dec 31, eastern standard time.

Here is the poll.

Have fun.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #75,306 of 89,178
I’m also too lazy to keep charging stuff. The amount of times my APP died mid workout causes me unneeded stress 😂
My experience with the Fokus Mystiques, I spent 3 hours in gym and it only drops 40% battery. And I listen very loudly. Don't think battery will be an issue with the Prestige 😁

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #75,307 of 89,178
Took a few days to answer you on this.
Do not be too hard on yourself you suggested I give Wilson a shot, they were not formally on my list, so that is thanks to you. I did about a month of demos, and the AlexV was clearly the winner for my taste. When I shared the architectural blueprints with Bill of Wilson he indicated to me that the AlexV was too small for the space. This is what really drove this spend to an exorbitant level. So I owe you and Bill for where I landed plus Paul the dealer that I worked with.

Anyway I exceeded my expectations on inspiration and now I am incredibly happy to have this level of sound in my life. Nothing in the past comes closer to how I want music to sound. Thank You.

Merry Christmas everyone.
I want someone to talk to me like this 🥲
I'm happy for you that you can achieve, even surpass your inspiration. Merry christmas for you and your family too 🎄😁🎉

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #75,308 of 89,178
Alright everyone what better way to celebrate Christmas than to kickoff the Watercooler 2023 IEM of the Year Poll

I'm trying a new design for this particular poll, we'll see how it goes. There will be a higher end and a lower end bracket. Folks will choose 3 IEMs from a selection of IEMs that have appeared on the scene starting with CanJam SoCal 2022, and that have done well in our polls or otherwise captured folks' attention. (I may have been a little looser with this for the mid-fi bracket.)

Of the 3 selections each person's first choice will be awarded 5 points, second choice 3 points and third choice 1 point. You may not vote for the same IEM more than once and if you do I'll take the points from the highest value question and ignore the rest.

The poll will be open for a week and I'll close it down at or close to midnight Dec 31, eastern standard time.

Here is the poll.

Have fun.

I should probably wait till I’ve heard Perpetua before I vote, hopefully lands on time… :)

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #75,309 of 89,178
Album choice for a quick listen on Loki before a family dinner. Absolute sonic bliss.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #75,311 of 89,178
My dog enjoys ripping up wrapping paper on Christmas morning! The bandanna courtesy of my wife 😂

IMG_9494.jpeg

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #75,312 of 89,178
My niece asked me if I was struggling because I can’t afford AirPods… 💀😂 I said, “listen kid, if you only knew the greatness inside these wired ghetto earphones I have”
Air Pods Pro are fully capable and sufficient for those not into "hobby", as in the fashion business.

Hobbys are ego- and insecurity-driven, so getting TOTLs and $1k+ cables to match is fully self-inflicted... pleasures

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #75,313 of 89,178
Air Pods Pro are fully capable and sufficient for those not into "hobby".
Hobbys are ego- and insecurity-driven, so getting TOTLs and $1k+ cables to match is fully self-inflicted... pleasures

Well said, my nipples get hard when I touch any audio gear that’s priced $1,001 or higher.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #75,314 of 89,178
I've edited the poll and added a couple options to both brackets. To the 4 of you who have done the poll already perhaps take another look and see if you want to change your answer and re-submit.

https://forms.gle/mhYigGE9SY7YLPAc7

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #75,315 of 89,178
Air Pods Pro are fully capable and sufficient for those not into "hobby", as in the fashion business.

Geez 😬 well that’s one way to describe a hobby I guess..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back