The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 25, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #75,286 of 89,227
I strongly envy all those who consider the Apple AirPods Pro 2 to be the endgame and really don't feel the need to have something better. On the other hand, as simple as that would be, it remains simple. Nah, I think I would be dissatisfied.

Man I tried to go from using MSE at the gym to APP2 and it was just awful 😭 I totally get the convenience but as far as enjoyment for music goes… sheesh. 🫣

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #75,287 of 89,227
Man I tried to go from using MSE at the gym to APP2 and it was just awful 😭 I totally get the convenience but as far as enjoyment for music goes… sheesh. 🫣
I know exactly what you mean. I think that every time I work out at the gym. I also use the APP2. Admittedly, the Sennheiser MTW 3 weren't that bad, but unfortunately the fit isn't ideal for training.

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #75,288 of 89,227
Oh yeah you’re cooked my friend.. once you go high-end iems in the gym you can never go back 🥲

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #75,290 of 89,227
I know exactly what you mean. I think that every time I work out at the gym. I also use the APP2. Admittedly, the Sennheiser MTW 3 weren't that bad, but unfortunately the fit isn't ideal for training.
Personally, music quality while training, walking, hiking or doing anything that takes my attention away from the music itself is a secondary priority to convenience. Besides, I regularly listen with the Sony XM5 even when I'm not out and about, so it's more than good enough for me for unfocused listening. YMMV as always.

(Plus my expensive IEMs go nowhere near gyms, walkways or mountains... 😅)

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #75,291 of 89,227

+1 on this.
I did a lot more listening between the iBasso DC-Elite (connected via 6” thunderbolt 4 cable to 2023 iPad) and the Mojo2 Poly via Roon on both.

The DC-Elite is much more neutral to neutral/cool vs the Mojo2 (which now sounds more warm) to my ears. Listening via the CA BlackStar, IE900/600, FAudio Spring, Szalayi. It’s not a slight difference to my ears but significant enough that I had to reset my Mojo2 to make sure I didn’t have any EQ or crossfeed active.

I was a bit irritated initially by the volume adjustment limitations and stepped attenuator clicks on the DC-Elite but with some of the harder to drive IEM’s I tried I was getting plenty of adjustment and am not as bothered by the step clicks now.

Anyway Merry Christmas Everyone here, May your families & loved ones be Blessed by God now and in 2024!!

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #75,292 of 89,227
It’s funny when I’m in the gym with a high-end Iem in I look around and think to myself… “no one here has a freaking clue what’s going on in these ears right now” Meanwhile, everyone probably thinks it’s ghetto because there’s a wire attached 😅

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #75,293 of 89,227
On the subject of TWS, I go between the Sony XM5 and Final ZE8000 - in the case of the latter, I was out walking yesterday and it started to rain so I put my hood up - only to discover how bloody sensitive the ZE8000 are… my hood constantly touching off them and cycling between playing and pausing, then even worse when they flipped between noise cancelling and ambient sound, the latter actually accentuating noise from my hood. They sound great but that was an incredibly frustrating experience!

Dec 25, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #75,294 of 89,227
On the subject of TWS, I go between the Sony XM5 and Final ZE8000 - in the case of the latter, I was out walking yesterday and it started to rain so I put my hood up - only to discover how bloody sensitive the ZE8000 are… my hood constantly touching off them and cycling between playing and pausing, then even worse when they flipped between noise cancelling and ambient sound, the latter actually accentuating noise from my hood. They sound great but that was an incredibly frustrating experience!
Deleted

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #75,295 of 89,227
It’s funny when I’m in the gym with a high-end Iem in I look around and think to myself… “no one here has a freaking clue what’s going on in these ears right now” Meanwhile, everyone probably thinks it’s ghetto because there’s a wire attached 😅

Yep lol, “who uses wired headphones?” 🤣

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #75,296 of 89,227
Personally, music quality while training, walking, hiking or doing anything that takes my attention away from the music itself is a secondary priority to convenience. Besides, I regularly listen with the Sony XM5 even when I'm not out and about, so it's more than good enough for me for unfocused listening. YMMV as always.

(Plus my expensive IEMs go nowhere near gyms, walkways or mountains... 😅)
For anyone looking for something different and in my opinion very good sounding, the Denon Perl Pro are a great compromise on the go, sonically, compared to APP2.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #75,297 of 89,227
Yep lol, “who uses wired headphones?” 🤣
My niece asked me if I was struggling because I can’t afford AirPods… 💀😂 I said, “listen kid, if you only knew the greatness inside these wired ghetto earphones I have”

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #75,298 of 89,227
I’m sorry guys but.. TWS is absolute garbage to me I don’t consider any of them worthy to even go in my ears at this point .. probably the snobbiest thing I’ve ever said but.. I’m standing by it 😅

It’s a matter of convenience and also for listening to audiobooks and podcasts etc. I’m often popping out for a walk with my dog and easier to grab a TWS!

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #75,299 of 89,227
I feel partly responsible for this 😂. But the price for inspiration is priceless... Just as the fruits of your new inspiration.
Took a few days to answer you on this.
Do not be too hard on yourself you suggested I give Wilson a shot, they were not on my list prior, so that is thanks to you. I did about a month of demos, and the AlexV was clearly the winner for my taste. When I shared the architectural blueprints with Bill of Wilson he indicated to me that the AlexV was too small for the space. This is what really drove this spend to an exorbitant level. So I owe you and Bill for where I landed plus Paul the dealer that I worked with.

Anyway I exceeded my expectations on inspiration and now I am incredibly happy to have this level of sound in my life. Nothing in the past comes closer to how I want music to sound. Thank You.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #75,300 of 89,227
Merry Christmas COOLERS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back