The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 23, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #75,001 of 91,343
Speaking of milestones 33 more and I'll hit 60,000 likes. Imaginary internet points I know, but a milestone's a milestone.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #75,002 of 91,343
Speaking of milestones 33 more and I'll hit 60,000 likes. Imaginary internet points I know, but a milestone's a milestone.
How many more until you are the most liked person in head fi?

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #75,003 of 91,343
How many more until you are the most liked person in head fi?

LOL I have no idea. Unlike with post count Head Fi doesn't track that anywhere as far as I know.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #75,004 of 91,343
✨ Congrats @Rockwell75 and the Watercooler community to sustaining this thread to 5000 pages!!! ✨

As we celebrate Watercooler milestone, I will commemorate it with a brief year in review.

The year started with a trip to Japan and attending a fellow Headfi'ers wedding. This is a touching memory I'll never forget, and boy the Japanese know how to party! Making connections with the expat friends and the local Japanese was a lot of fun, towards the end we were doing impromptu karaoke with anyone we could drag to our table. I blame the sake 🤣 What a blast!

1.jpg

This followed with the Mecca of every headfi enthusiast, a pilgrimage to e-earphone in Akihabara. It is simply overwhelming, with a multitude of floors of gear at your disposal. At the end of my time at e-earphone I was exhausted and had a minor headache :laughing:. I managed to demo the Sony Just Ear iem, this is wonderfully tuned. It sounds like Sony squeezed the 1ZM2 sound signature into an IEM, simply amazing. Throughout the auditions, I grew to appreciate the JVC Victor house sound. @Scuba Devils is definitely onto something!

2.jpeg

After Japan, I attended a tribute concert of Rolling Stones. This was a lot of fun and re invigorated my love of old school rock, my JH Jolenes were more than eager to take up the task or reliving this era.

3 .jpeg

Fast forward to CanJam SoCal, where I connected with great Headfier's and demo'd some incredible gear. Some of which I am lucky enough to own today. One particularly stood out, the MassKobo 465 amplifier. The very best amplifier I've used in my life. I can't wait to re demo it at CanJam NYC.

4.jpeg

Some weeks later, I steeled myself to offload some gear to make way for a set which I initially scoffed at due to the price. The Amber Pearl Combo. This package is the real deal, providing sonic experiences which immerse me completely in many recordings. A perfect blend of technicalities and emotion for my tastes. I can't wait to get my N30 AP back from Cayin so I can experience it again.

5.jpeg
6.jpeg

Of course, I must follow this up with a sumptuous gastronomic experience for all the foodies here. This one is dedicated to @aaf evo :hugging:

7.jpeg

I would like to conclude with a lovely Christmas tree installation when walking into a meeting last week. May the holidays bring you happiness and good health :heart:. With Page 5000 of Watercooler, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

8.jpeg

Awesome pics. You eat 2 In-n-out burgers at a sitting?

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #75,005 of 91,343
Awesome pics. You eat 2 In-n-out burgers at a sitting?
Haha, not usually. I ate this after a leg lift session during an intermittent fasting period. So 18 hours of fasting followed by 2 hours of cardio+lifting.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #75,007 of 91,343
Haha, not usually. I ate this after a leg lift session during an intermittent fasting period. So 18 hours of fasting followed by 2 hours of cardio+lifting.
Well that beats my 18 hours of eating following by 2 hours regretting not exercising.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #75,008 of 91,343
Lift sesh in NYC? 😍
Oh forget that crap, I'm on vacation 😂 . The only lifting I plan to do is curling food into my mouth.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #75,009 of 91,343
Tesseract getting closer… looks like I’ll get to hear it before 2024 - another set I’ve been super curious to hear.

IMG_9469.jpeg

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #75,010 of 91,343
Oh forget that crap, I'm on vacation 😂 . The only lifting I plan to do is curling food into my mouth.

Boooo. Yeah it was total sarcasm as well, I want all the drinks and food when I’m there 🤤 Whatever I miss at CanJam I’ll just try demo later through musicteck 🤣 Time to eat/drink my way around New York.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #75,011 of 91,343
Great sets.

Next post is over the line I believe.

Edit: I was one off. Happy 5K to a fantastic group of people who have made my life richer in more ways you can imagine or that could be meaningfully expressed here. So rather than risk cheapening the profound sentiments of my heart with the outward garb of speech I'll just bask in feelings of fellowship and community for the time being.
Congrats on the 5k milestone! And what a great trip around the sun it has been with you fine audiophiles here in the Cooler and out in the real world!

Here's one of our Founder in 2023, doing what he does best! Thanks for all you do, Jeff!!!

20230930_160235.jpg

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #75,012 of 91,343
Is it 3300 Euro sexy though...keen to hear one but that price has me puzzled.

http://www.tera-player.com/

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 12.28.48 PM.png
yeah... the Tera Player is the ultimate hard core audio player. To think that when it was first released, and just a few hundred dollars, folks thought I had lost my mind... :wink:

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #75,013 of 91,343
IMG_3600.jpeg
Current top 3 🏆🏆🏆
Had a good listen to Aura yesterday. Definitely a great sounding set. Has the VE magic mids. Reminds me a lot of Phonix LE. Maybe I was expecting a little more from the bass but it’s a very tight and well controlled DD implementation. Would’ve liked a little more sub bass and dynamics but I certainly like it more than Phonix’s bass!

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #75,014 of 91,343
Great sets.

Next post is over the line I believe.

Edit: I was one off. Happy 5K to a fantastic group of people who have made my life richer in more ways you can imagine or that could be meaningfully expressed here. So rather than risk cheapening the profound sentiments of my heart with the outward garb of speech I'll just bask in feelings of fellowship and community for the time being.
Congratulations on the 5k page and 60k likes. Here’s to the next 5k and 60k.

Merry Christmas!

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #75,015 of 91,343
That Dunu doesn't sound like it's up my alley unfortunately. I'm still eagerly awaiting a followup to the Zen Pro...still my favorite Dunu. I am very interested in that Goldplanar IEM...you're the third person who's put me onto that recently. I might just go blind on it. I'm always keen for another planar experience.

Awesome can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 1.48.00 PM.png

Would a man care to explain the origins of your profile picture l? Could it be from a play? 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back