The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #74,971 of 91,345

Xe6 hitting hard today 🔊 and don’t think I can ever sell these bad boys ❤️‍🔥
Haha! FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!

I have said this too many times to count
And………….

I always sell

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #74,972 of 91,345
I don't get it, it’s just a number. But ok if it’s important to you you’ll make it easily because it’s not even evening yet for you guys. And if the goal is “by Christmas” you have all of tomorrow as well? But anyway, I guess I’ve contributed to the goal with this pointless post.
:)

I remember similarly thinking "what's the big deal" when people were getting so worked up about Y2K. People love milestones and I suppose as a species who loves to seek out patterns nice round numbers are easy fodder. All of this to say...one more thing to get us there lol

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #74,973 of 91,345

And………….

I always sell
I’ve tried man !! 😂 then I go “ Wait, one more listen… yeah, these deserve another year or two” 😅❤️‍🔥

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #74,974 of 91,345
The whole Fir Frontier kit is on its way back to me. I'm looking forward to revisiting it for a bit before sending it down to the US for tour. The Xe6 has so far eluded me...maybe this time will be the magic moment.

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #74,975 of 91,345
I’ve tried man !! 😂 then I go “ Wait, one more listen… yeah, these deserve another year or two” 😅❤️‍🔥
If you keep them that long, I’ll be impressed

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #74,976 of 91,345

And………….

I always sell
I’ll give you an advanced course on collection building. Cost of entry: a Storm, Raven, Loki or that Canpur thing that seems to be the latest hype. :)

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #74,977 of 91,345
The whole Fir Frontier kit is on its way back to me. I'm looking forward to revisiting it for a bit before sending it down to the US for tour. The Xe6 has so far eluded me...maybe this time will be the magic moment.
They are coming back to the US? If so, I wanna hear them again as well :)

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #74,978 of 91,345
I’ll give you an advanced course on collection building. Cost of entry: a Storm, Raven, Loki or that Canpur thing that seems the be the latest hype. :)
Loki and Canpur 622 FTW!

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #74,979 of 91,345
They are coming back to the US? If so, I wanna hear them again as well :)

Yes they are-- this will be the first tour around US with the Rn6 (with the kit I'm touring anyway).

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #74,980 of 91,345
Yes they are-- this will be the first tour around US with the Rn6 (with the kit I'm touring anyway).
Great news!! Add me to the list! 😬

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #74,981 of 91,345
IMG_3600.jpeg

Current top 3 🏆🏆🏆

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #74,982 of 91,345

Current top 3 🏆🏆🏆

Great sets.

Next post is over the line I believe.

Edit: I was one off. Happy 5K to a fantastic group of people who have made my life richer in more ways you can imagine or that could be meaningfully expressed here. So rather than risk cheapening the profound sentiments of my heart with the outward garb of speech I'll just bask in feelings of fellowship and community for the time being.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #74,984 of 91,345
✨ Congrats @Rockwell75 and the Watercooler community to sustaining this thread to 5000 pages!!! ✨

As we celebrate Watercooler milestone, I will commemorate it with a brief year in review.

The year started with a trip to Japan and attending a fellow Headfi'ers wedding. This is a touching memory I'll never forget, and boy the Japanese know how to party! Making connections with the expat friends and the local Japanese was a lot of fun, towards the end we were doing impromptu karaoke with anyone we could drag to our table. I blame the sake 🤣 What a blast!

1.jpg

This followed with the Mecca of every headfi enthusiast, a pilgrimage to e-earphone in Akihabara. It is simply overwhelming, with a multitude of floors of gear at your disposal. At the end of my time at e-earphone I was exhausted and had a minor headache :laughing:. I managed to demo the Sony Just Ear iem, this is wonderfully tuned. It sounds like Sony squeezed the 1ZM2 sound signature into an IEM, simply amazing. Throughout the auditions, I grew to appreciate the JVC Victor house sound. @Scuba Devils is definitely onto something!

2.jpeg

After Japan, I attended a tribute concert of Rolling Stones. This was a lot of fun and re invigorated my love of old school rock, my JH Jolenes were more than eager to take up the task or reliving this era.

3 .jpeg

Fast forward to CanJam SoCal, where I connected with great Headfier's and demo'd some incredible gear. Some of which I am lucky enough to own today. One particularly stood out, the MassKobo 465 amplifier. The very best amplifier I've used in my life. I can't wait to re demo it at CanJam NYC.

4.jpeg

Some weeks later, I steeled myself to offload some gear to make way for a set which I initially scoffed at due to the price. The Amber Pearl Combo. This package is the real deal, providing sonic experiences which immerse me completely in many recordings. A perfect blend of technicalities and emotion for my tastes. I can't wait to get my N30 AP back from Cayin so I can experience it again.

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Of course, I must follow this up with a sumptuous gastronomic experience for all the foodies here. This one is dedicated to @aaf evo :hugging:

7.jpeg

I would like to conclude with a lovely Christmas tree installation when walking into a meeting last week. May the holidays bring you happiness and good health :heart:. With Page 5000 of Watercooler, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back