The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 19, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #61,577 of 89,422
Time for some single DD goodenss....Nightjar Singularity in the house.

I first heard the Singularity in prototype form at CanJam NYC. It was a short demo but I liked it enough to commit to this premier edition of the IEM which has been landing in the hands of a few of us "early adopters" this week. Very early days but I'm loving this IEM so far. Impacful but disciplined bass, great end to end extension (this is one of its strong suits-- usually single DDs drop the ball somewhat at one end of the other), timbre and coherence top knotch, and the overall tonality achieves a great balance for me. Upper mids and highs are airy and spacious, with enough meat in the lower mids and mid-bass for me (a common issue I have). All in all so far I feel the Singularity is a superbly compelling IEM and anyone into DDs should have this one high on their list to try out. A solid win in my opinion for @Chang and co. at Nightjar. This will be a brand to watch going forward.
We are truly grateful to yourself and to everyone else who has given us a chance despite us being a small and relatively new brand.

It's always nerve-wracking releasing a creation out into the wild after obsessing over it for so long. Tweaking and refining, listening and nit-picking, pouring over unmeasurable differences and cross-referencing. As much as we do all the legwork we can, we never really know until it's in the hands of all of you and it is really heartening to see that the effort has paid off and that you are enjoying it! Thank you again for the support and trust, it really means the world to us 🙂

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 19, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #61,578 of 89,422
We are truly grateful to yourself and to everyone else who has given us a chance despite us being a small and relatively new brand.

It's always nerve-wracking releasing a creation out into the wild after obsessing over it for so long. Tweaking and refining, listening and nit-picking, pouring over unmeasurable differences and cross-referencing. As much as we do all the legwork we can, we never really know until it's in the hands of all of you and it is really heartening to see that the effort has paid off and that you are enjoying it! Thank you again for the support and trust, it really means the world to us 🙂
Where is Singularity sold?????

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #61,579 of 89,422
Where is Singularity sold?????
It will be listed on our website, nightjaracoustics.com on launch day, 28th of July. You can also purchase from our retailers Elise Audio (UK) and Zeppelin & Co (Singapore) when it goes live on their websites the 28th. The units being shipped now are fulfilment of private pre-orders.

Last edited:
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 19, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #61,580 of 89,422
Received mine today too and I have to agree. It is a awesome DD IEM. Impactful bass response with fantastic clarity. Top-end texture with fast treble. Timbre and coherence is top-tier as expected from a single DD. Package and build quality is impeccable. Subtonic/Symphonium/Nightjar really know what they are doing.

The tuning is magnificent. Everything is there in perfect amounts for me, tonally and technically right down to the muscular authority in the notes it puts out. This is another of those IEMs that is making me want to revisit my whole library and I'm already suspecting it will be in my ears for most of the summer.

My pleasure man. It helped that I was able to demo in NYC so I knew exactly what I was getting into-- and suffice to say I am not disappointed. Quality, perfectionism and attention to detail shines forth from every pore from the packaging on up to the build quality and sound. You guys have been awesome and professional to deal with and I can't wait to hear what's next? (Duality? :)

It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #61,581 of 89,422
The tuning is magnificent. Everything is there in perfect amounts for me, tonally and technically right down to the muscular authority in the notes it puts out. This is another of those IEMs that is making me want to revisit my whole library and I'm already suspecting it will be in my ears for most of the summer.

My pleasure man. It helped that I was able to demo in NYC so I knew exactly what I was getting into-- and suffice to say I am not disappointed. Quality, perfectionism and attention to detail shines forth from every pore from the packaging on up to the build quality and sound. You guys have been awesome and professional to deal with and I can't wait to hear what's next? (Duality? :)

It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal top 3 IEMs owning your heart, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1) RN6 still very much
2) Ronin
3) Kiwi Quintet

Jul 19, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #61,582 of 89,422

It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal top 3 IEMs owning your heart, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
But now of course I'm dying to hear the Singularity!

Jul 19, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #61,583 of 89,422
Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

1. UM MEST III
  2. U12T
  3. Aful P8 paired with FiiO UTWS5

Jul 19, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #61,584 of 89,422

It just dawned me that we have not yet done our seasonal Top 3 IEMs owning your heart at this moment, so without futher ado:

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
Rn6
Trifecta
Red Halo FS

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #61,585 of 89,422
Received mine today too and I have to agree. It is a awesome DD IEM. Impactful bass response with fantastic clarity. Top-end texture with fast treble. Timbre and coherence is top-tier as expected from a single DD. Package and build quality is impeccable. Subtonic/Symphonium/Nightjar really know what they are doing.
Alright, I'm beginning to get jealous...my Singularity better be here soon!

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #61,587 of 89,422

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

1. FIR Rn6. Addictive bass.
2. Elysian Annihilator 2023. Supreme treble extension.
3. Inear PMX. Sweet tonal balance.

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #61,588 of 89,422
Hey guys, my full review of PW Audio's legendary Orpheus is now online here. Enjoy!

Orpheus_16.jpg
Yet another fantastic review @gLer !
-Thanks much for saving me $5k on this cable to pair up with my Xe6, those funds will be useful elsewhere.
-I've got the EA tour kit of Ares 8w, Cadmus 8w and Code23 with me just now, you've inspired me to give them a go with BL-Mini :blush:
In other news...damn this IEM has me hooked. It's early days and I'm obviously just entering the "infatuated honeymoon phase" but I honestly think Nightjar may have something approachign the perfect single DD IEM on their hands.
I've pretty much given up on ever finding a single DD that I really like (other than the aforementioned BL-Mini LOL), but maybe, just maybe Singularity could finally be the one...

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1. Xe6
2. Ronin
3. A12t

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #61,589 of 89,422

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta
1) (Tied) Simphonio P-Zero / Supreme v3 (Different presentation)
3) Noble Viking Ragnar Prestige

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #61,590 of 89,422

1) Singularity
2) Rn6
3) Trifecta

1) Rn6
2) Xe6
3) (TBD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back