The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 9, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #6,076 of 88,387
Timeless got here 2 days early.
On first listen and without any tip rolling, I know these are keepers. They sound beautiful.
They are big are they not?
The cable almost looks like a CEMA TWT

Dec 9, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #6,077 of 88,387
They are big are they not?
The cable almost looks like a CEMA TWT
They are big but at the same time super comfortable. The big round faceplate barely touches the ears.
Sound wise they are on the more vivid and brighter side, but not harsh. Planar fluidity and cohesiveness is all there.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #6,078 of 88,387
During a fairly hectic week, I just had some free time to sit, close my eyes and listen to music. I chose 'Roots' by Pyramid Peak - excellent Berlin School, reminiscent of the masters such as Klaus Schulze or Tangerine Dream but with a clear modern evolution. Highly recommended listening, incredibly captivating and relaxing.

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #6,079 of 88,387
Slight update...the Zen Pro has made an impressive first impression...will it maintain this position...only time will tell.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 7.28.41 AM.png

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #6,080 of 88,387
And tubes...oh no, just no..........
For me hearing my first tube amp was a mind blowing experience. It threw everything I considered knowledge about technical stuff and measurements right out of the window and has been polarizing me ever since. I think single DD IEMs are possibly the equivalent in IEMs, and magnetostats/electrostats in headphones and loudspeakers. Terrible for measurments and repairs, but a notch above heaven in listening pleasure.

drftr

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #6,081 of 88,387
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #6,082 of 88,387
You should visit the Mentawai islands. With these in your ears they will think you're from another planet for sure!

drftr

Well it's funny you'd mention it, @Aldo40 has named all his IEMs from surf spots around the world :wink:
He also builds surf boards (Alambic Surf Boards, it's him too)

"The Mentawai Islands (also known as Mentawais or Ments) are known as the holy grail of endless surf breaks. Warm water, consistent Indian Ocean swell and generally glassy conditions line up to make it one of the most sought after surf trips on Earth."

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #6,083 of 88,387
Well it's funny you'd mention it, @Aldo40 has named all his IEMs from surf spots around the world :wink:
He also builds surf boards (Alambic Surf Boards, it's him too)

"The Mentawai Islands (also known as Mentawais or Ments) are known as the holy grail of endless surf breaks. Warm water, consistent Indian Ocean swell and generally glassy conditions line up to make it one of the most sought after surf trips on Earth."
Ha ha! I didn't know that...

The Mentawai islands are one of the least developed (ruined?) areas in the world and much closer to the heart of darkness than for instance Borneo. It's more on the level of the inland areas of West Papua and Papua New Guinea. The men would have a penis gourd collection akin your IEM shelf. Time travelling indeed.

drftr

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #6,084 of 88,387
Sitting here listening on the Timeless, song after song they don't disappoint one bit. These are a steal for the price. Not crazy technical or anything. But pure musically. They got that "Je ne sais quoi" in spades.

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #6,085 of 88,387
DD crazed IEM folks!!!!! New Penon Serial released. 3DD drivers 6, 8, 10 mm. On our HeadFi front page.
Would you believe $300??? AND your choice of cable termination.
Looks to me to be a Rockwell special.
For those not familiar with Penon, they are fast shippers and use DHL. That is about the best you can get from China!

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #6,086 of 88,387
Rockwell! Davidmollier! Scuba devils! Drftr! Mehran! Claud! All the DD addicts hwre, get yourselves a IMR Acoustics Splash Of Red please! Thank me later! Just get it you Dynamic Dudes!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm a bit drunk after 2 cans of carlsberg elephant strong pardon my exuberant behaviours... Just wanna get it off my chest!

Get an SOR for music's darie dammit!!

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #6,087 of 88,387
Rockwell! Davidmollier! Scuba devils! Drftr! Mehran! Claud! All the DD addicts hwre, get yourselves a IMR Acoustics Splash Of Red please! Thank me later! Just get it you Dynamic Dudes!!!!!
I'm sorry, I'm a bit drunk after 2 cans of carlsberg elephant strong pardon my exuberant behaviours... Just wanna get it off my chest!
Splash Of Red ???
What did I miss...

I was looking at Stingray

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #6,088 of 88,387
Sitting here listening on the Timeless, song after song they don't disappoint one bit. These are a steal for the price. Not crazy technical or anything. But pure musically. They got that "Je ne sais quoi" in spades.
Love my Timeless. DD drivers and Planar headphones both benefit from 100-150 hours of break in. Broke mine in for a week. It ain't TOTL, but its so musical!!

Dec 9, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #6,090 of 88,387

I'm sure it's great. I have Avalon on preorder and Zen Pro is coming too. I just can't do it right now. Feeling guilty already for not being able to use what I have the way they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back