The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #5,311 of 88,279
I'm not particularly sensitive to treble so a little bit of energy up top never bothered me. I know Alex has some slight sensitivity in this area, although he didn't find it fatiguing, but YMMV. In direct A-B sessions between the IE900 & Dark Sky the latter could come off a little bright, with the former coming off as a bit veiled. It's a mater of preference; I could see myself using the Dark Sky during the day with the IE900 reserved for evening/late night sessions.

Yes good point, or indeed for different genres.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #5,312 of 88,279
Remember: I'm extremely limited in being able to audition anything for the next half year and may have to go for a blind buy or wait until eternity. As such I want to avoid as much risk as possible. This is completely different to most of you here, so while I have taken IEMs off my list based on charts alone YOU don't have to do anything absurd as this and simply listen, listen, listen.
You could do worse than just getting a Moondrop Aria to become familiar with and then use as a kind of yardstick to compare others to while you work out what really want spend the bigger $$ on. It's quite a nice listen in it's own right, and easily justifies it's $80 price tag.

I haven't had such great access to listen to much myself, partly due to availability where I live, and also the pandemic. The ChiFi stuff I bought early on has been pretty helpful to work out where I might want to go next, Aria is easily the best of them.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #5,313 of 88,279
@tgx78 mighty Odin has landed! Pics and preliminary impressions to come later.

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #5,315 of 88,279
I thought it might be a keeper over EXT for you...
Also whats with SP2000T sale?

Just need one more thing to be gone to cover some recent buys. I don’t care too much about high end DAPs, half the time I use my iPhone dongle more. Definitely not saying it is the same because I don’t believe that.

Nov 29, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #5,316 of 88,279
@tgx78 mighty Odin has landed! Pics and preliminary impressions to come later.

LOL I made a audible groan in jealousy and Valerie asked me what was wrong. Haha.

She rolled her eyes when I explained…

I’m very excited to hear your impressions.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #5,318 of 88,279
Haha. There is a Gen One in Canuck Audio Mart for a fair price. I was thinking…

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #5,319 of 88,279
Well my friend who's the IEM vacuum cleaner

That could apply to a few of us lately lol

LOL I made a audible groan in jealousy and Valerie asked me what was wrong. Haha.

She rolled her eyes when I explained…

I’m very excited to hear your impressions.

LMAO I'm not sure what made me lol harder that or @Neweymatt's wife asking him if he was going to get a dedicated IEM "for the loo". We're a funny bunch.

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #5,321 of 88,279
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #5,324 of 88,279
I have no problems exposing him 😂
IEM vacuum cleaner. Dam... 😂
F145F88C-5C21-49BE-A019-7E29FAD12143.gif

Nov 29, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #5,325 of 88,279
Whelp, looks like I didn't escape Campfire Audio's Holiday Vortex. Just ordered a Jupiter CK. The Jupiter has a special place in my heart, it was my first "flagship" IEM purchase. This was prior to the release of the Andromeda and the Jupiter was still the TOTL offering from Ken & Co. I picked up a B-stock Jupiter shortly after the release of the Andromeda and I still have it to this day, it's probably the oldest IEM in my collection. I remember being blown away by its resolution and it's what made me a treblehead. It's tuning has always been somewhat divisive and it was quickly overshadowed by its green big brother, but it will always have a place in my collection; obviously I had to pick up a backup. :grimacing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back