The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 30, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #5,341 of 88,287
My Dark Sky has shipped too, I might even have it by tomorrow... The as always super fast service from Musicteck.

n6ii-Ti and Athena also about to ship so they will possibly land before the weekend.

Currently eyeing up: Kato, Timeless, Serial, FD7 and ZEN PRO 🤪

Yup I always order from Musicteck when I can-- service is consistently impeccable and gear is always received within 3 days. I've seen mixed reports of the Timeless...will be curious for your thoughts on that one. I also just checked tracking and my Kato just landed in Canada :D. Hopefully in Vancouver...if I'm lucky I'll both that and the Zen Pro for a little shootout by the weekend. I'll probably only keep one of them.

Out of work today as I was in hospital for a checkup, sedatives still have me in a pleasant haze! A health issue that could have finished me off about 16 months ago but I'm finally recovering from... I blame that on my 'life is short' philosophy that nudges me before every spend! Excuse wearing thin now...

Anyway, listening to the below and Traillii is fantastic for more subdued dub techno like this.

LOVE CV313...and pretty much everything that comes out of the Echospace camp.

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #5,342 of 88,287
Your transformation to IEM Addict is complete. Congrats. And get well soon! 🙏🏻

PS. Next comes selling everything off and keeping just one or two eye-wateringly-expensive IEMs because, you know, been there, done that, got the best, done with the rest. 😎

Thank you. Yes indeed, a proper addict! The cramming has certainly taught me a lot and I suspect I will cut the collection significantly next year... put money back in savings!

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #5,343 of 88,287
Yup I always order from Musicteck when I can-- service is consistently impeccable and gear is always received within 3 days. I've seen mixed reports of the Timeless...will be curious for your thoughts on that one. I also just checked tracking and my Kato just landed in Canada :D. Hopefully in Vancouver...if I'm lucky I'll both that and the Zen Pro for a little shootout by the weekend. I'll probably only keep one of them.

LOVE CV313...and pretty much everything that comes out of the Echospace camp.

Oh yes, I'll be super interested to hear your impressions of Kato versus ZEN PRO and see if they are indeed similar... I'll hold buying Kato till then!

Do you still have the loan of FD7?

CV313 fantastic and anything Echospace. They p*ssed off a lot of people though over the past couple of years with taking orders for vinyl and CD but not shipping and going silent - I think they may have finally resolved but it took a long time. I only had one outstanding which took about 6 months, short versus some horror stories I've heard.

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #5,344 of 88,287
Thank you. Yes indeed, a proper addict! The cramming has certainly taught me a lot and I suspect I will cut the collection significantly next year... put money back in savings!
It was all said in jest - of course it's cool to play with as many different IEMs as you can. It's great fun and what we're all in this hobby for after all. I'm just getting to the point where I can hone down the sound I really enjoy, find the IEMs that do it best, and be done. Right now I'm listening to the IE 900 with Go blu via (gulp) AAC through my MacBook Pro, and couldn't be happier. Once you nail your favourite sound, it's just so easy to enjoy the music.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #5,345 of 88,287
It was all said in jest - of course it's cool to play with as many different IEMs as you can. It's great fun and what we're all in this hobby for after all. I'm just getting to the point where I can hone down the sound I really enjoy, find the IEMs that do it best, and be done. Right now I'm listening to the IE 900 with Go blu via (gulp) AAC through my MacBook Pro, and couldn't be happier. Once you nail your favourite sound, it's just so easy to enjoy the music.
The iFi Blu has dimmed my interest in Daps to be honest. It's just so convenient. I also received the Shanling UP5 yesterday, but Go Blu remains the king in SQ IMO ,mostly in sounding more natural and organic vs the other dongles.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #5,346 of 88,287
Your transformation to IEM Addict is complete. Congrats. And get well soon! 🙏🏻

PS. Next comes selling everything off and keeping just one or two eye-wateringly-expensive IEMs because, you know, been there, done that, got the best, done with the rest. 😎
That's where I need to be. Even after owning TOTL IEMs I still find myself curious about budget IEMs & "lesser" offerings. :head_bandage: I feel like I'm right at the precipice though; I'm actually quite "tired" of sampling gear & strangely have had no interest in the Bird, EVO & other new offerings. Only the Jolene is on my radar, but it's been in my cart for months now. If I don't pull the trigger during the BF promo then I won't be pulling the trigger at all.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #5,347 of 88,287

Oh I know - but buying the way I have is absolutely unsustainable and I intend to lock down on a few, I'm still new to the IEM world so a bit of exploring left in me. I'll reach a point where I'm quite clear on preferences - for example, I'd likely never buy an all BA again. DD tuning variations fascinate me so I probably will soldier on in that mission for a bit yet, maybe even go all-in one day and buy BLON-03 😀

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #5,348 of 88,287
The iFi Blu has dimmed my interest in Daps to be honest. It's just so convenient. I also received the Shanling UP5 yesterday, but Go Blu remains the king in SQ IMO ,mostly in sounding more natural and organic vs the other dongles.
It really is excellent, despite all the noise on the thread about......noise. QC is probably hit-and-miss, but I seem to have gotten a great unit. The only way they can improve it is perhaps make it a touch larger and add the same BB chip all the other ifi DACs use, increasing support for >96kHz hi-res and native DSD in the process. The current Cirrus DAC can do it, but is probably throttled to conserve power.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #5,349 of 88,287
Oh I know - but buying the way I have is absolutely unsustainable and I intend to lock down on a few, I'm still new to the IEM world so a bit of exploring left in me. I'll reach a point where I'm quite clear on preferences - for example, I'd likely never buy an all BA again. DD tuning variations fascinate me so I probably will soldier on in that mission for a bit yet, maybe even go all-in one day and buy BLON-03 😀
Don't joke, BL-03 is one of the best-ever tuned IEMs, to my ears. It puts so many high-end IEM tunings to shame. Technically it's not much, but hey, $30. A technically excellent BL-03 with the same tuning won't cost less than $1000.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #5,350 of 88,287
Shanling M9 AKM is now available for preorder at MusicTeck. Delivery in early January 2022.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #5,351 of 88,287
Don't joke, BL-03 is one of the best-ever tuned IEMs, to my ears. It puts so many high-end IEM tunings to shame. Technically it's not much, but hey, $30. A technically excellent BL-03 with the same tuning won't cost less than $1000.

I've heard such high praise from many, including you but just didn't take the plunge. Cheap buds have taught me a lot lately on bang for buck so...

Screenshot_20211130-161348_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #5,352 of 88,287
Shanling M9 AKM is now available for preorder at MusicTeck. Delivery in early January 2022.

Yeah and 2800$ is quite a shocker too...

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #5,353 of 88,287
For $2800, WOW... Looks nice though. It's not AK so people are going to have big expectations for this one.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #5,354 of 88,287
I've heard such high praise from many, including you but just didn't take the plunge. Cheap buds have taught me a lot lately on bang for buck so...

Screenshot_20211130-161348_Amazon Shopping.jpg
BLON should send me commission! :ksc75smile: Enjoy! Just note:

1. Throw away the stock cable and tips. Don't even open them. Don't even look at them.
2. Put on any decent cable, and one-size-up your favourite tips (the fit is weird but ultra comfy shallow fit).
3. Just make sure you get a seal or else it'll sound like you're slapping wallpaper.
4. Enjoy laughing at the kilobuck IEMs blushing in the corner.

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #5,355 of 88,287
Yeah and 2800$ is quite a shocker too...
For $2800, WOW... Looks nice though. It's not AK so people are going to have big expectations for this one.
Yeah that's mad. It's going to have to be one of the best-ever DAPs in every department to justify that price, and even then... But, as with anything shiny and new, let's wait and see. @Rockwell75 would you still buy the M8 at $2800? If so, there's hope for the M9 I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back