The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 8, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #48,317 of 91,357
Just happily sharing :) After I got UM LeJardin, I realised the magic of PW Audio shielded cables. And I just managed to grab a red UM First Times shielding from @Doug2507 for my Craft Ears Aurum+ (DD+4BA+4EST). Sounds absolutely magical, and I love the looks!
08C6E0D4-43D8-4597-A59C-C668A630CE5A_1_105_c.jpeg
Yeah. It's my favorite cable.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #48,318 of 91,357
Survey thought: Those of you who are searching-- what are you searching for? Something specific, or just the thrill and excitement of the search?
I am content with my current setup but always happy to hear more through tours. Something might surprise me.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #48,320 of 91,357
Its a nice balanced combo to me. Being an old duffer, I do not hear much above 7KH so treble doesn't bother me much.
With age comes wisdom, and good taste :)

I find the Evo to be a very special V tuning, so often such approaches feature a rolled of mid, but these have a nice forward sweetness there. Just lovely.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #48,321 of 91,357
Survey thought: Those of you who are searching-- what are you searching for? Something specific, or just the thrill and excitement of the search?
I am pretty happy with both my headphone and portable collections at the moment. Right now, I am interested in Storm and a TOTL Empire Ears set. That's about it. Maybe Fitear which I will have a chance to hear when I go to SG.

For headphones, I need a new cable for my SolP. I love listening to it with my RS8. So, I need a cable that can work with that set up. Also, looking at maybe a Weiss DAC and a new Solid State amp like a Zahl HM1 or Wells Headtrip amp .

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #48,322 of 91,357
I am just waiting for something-anything to impress me.
But I can just as easily stay on end game mountain for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #48,323 of 91,357
Think I've been on preference discovery until now which is now a closed book so the only search going is to improve on what I've got within the constraints of my budget, which is pretty close to the limit now. Light at the end of the tunnel is shining brightly...

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #48,324 of 91,357
I'm searching for more fuel for the Hi Res tank, today's ripping/fueling session looks really good!
20230208_105327.jpg

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #48,325 of 91,357

Highly technical IEM that is in line with my FR preferences, CDM tubes that increase mid and sub bass quantity and maintain the tight hits I get from Hugo2. Need to get around to evaluating the tubes that Amadeo Nospherathu sent me. Unfortunately the highly sought after mullards appear impossible to get. Also want to checkout some cables and always looking for new tube amps.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #48,326 of 91,357
Kr5 leaves nothing to be desired with it's bass response, interesting that people seem to prefer more bass over resolution( Xe6 over KR5).

I hear xe6 as having greater resolution than kr5 (and nearly anything else I’ve heard for that matter.) what really makes the xe6 special is that it also has so much warmth at the same time.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #48,327 of 91,357
I’m searching, aka waiting, for a pair of IEMs that has great tonality across the board for my personal taste with nice DD sub bass, neutral mid bass, neutral to elevated mids and spectacular, airy, sparkling, elevated stand out treble.

I was hoping to be able to purchase the Annihilator (or better even try it out) but I’m about to give up on these and hope for a completely new set that fits from a manufacturer who can deliver. Maybe even Empire Ears with purchase option through MusicTeck? That would be great.

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #48,328 of 91,357
Yeah look at me. Despite owning the LOAK, their current flagship, I went for the MIROAK-S and 9iNE anyway, and do not regret at all! :D
I think I’ll start with 9ine that would be a good choice for rock, grunge, post rock music.
I don’t want a bright IEMs for that but a more indulgent and bassy one to reduce listening fatigue

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #48,329 of 91,357
I am currently pleased with what I have. Looking forward to can jam nyc to try some new items and see if they can better suit my preferences which seem to be in the warm and musical. The recent acquisition of the Questyle m15 has breathed a more dynamic life into the earphones I currently own and have confirmed there is always something else if not something more out there.

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #48,330 of 91,357
I am pretty happy with both my headphone and portable collections at the moment. .

You have the single greatest portable collection I think I've ever seen.

For me I'm still curious about L&P and I should be able to check that box at CanJam. Beyond that I'm quite happy where I'm at...though any new releases coming down the pipe could conceivably change that...so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back