The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 20, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #46,816 of 89,931
Talking about Bae of the moment…

Color and sound matching. :wink:

EA93AD2D-4EDF-4911-9932-93E4B8AA5D07.jpeg

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #46,817 of 89,931
Talking about Bae of the moment…

Color and sound matching. :wink:

EA93AD2D-4EDF-4911-9932-93E4B8AA5D07.jpeg
Do you actually use your DAP without a case? I'm always so paranoid about dropping mine.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #46,818 of 89,931
Do you actually use your DAP without a case? I'm always so paranoid about dropping mine.
No way! hahahaha That's just for the picture.

At least not this one, but I did that before with other DAPs. I personally don't like cases. I use all my phones without cases. i think that someone spent so much time to design something incredible and we go there and put a case and hide everything. Such a shame.... I need the silicon case for SP3k.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #46,820 of 89,931
It's Friday. Stow your gear; let's talk tracks. What's the cooler listening to today?

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #46,821 of 89,931
It's Friday. Stow your gear; let's talk tracks. What's the cooler listening to today?

Fantastic, probably overlooked, 2001 album from Yes. This is the title track.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #46,822 of 89,931
Anyone jumping on the new Noble FoKus Mystique TWS? My AirPod Pros (first gen) are in pretty rough shape from daily use. Had planned on replacing with the APP2’s but the Nobles are only $120 more and sure look a heck of a lot nicer…
I had the original FoKus Pro. It sounded amazing, deep rumbling low end and very responsive to the app preset EQs. But the connection issues is definitely a killer. If you can live with that, I think it's worth a try.

I swapped to Airpod Pro 2 and I don't regret. So seamless use and sounds great. (apple user as well)

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #46,823 of 89,931
It also helps that the wife can look at these and have no idea what they cost...
One of the reasons why Traillii is so popular. It arrives in a fairly nondescript brown cardboard box with a black van nuys case inside. As opposed to the Noble and their Pelican cases. Or other giant cases from Aroma and Unique Melody.
It's a great point to make, but for me (not married) the packaging of the traillii was so... meh. This is what you get for $6600? A cardboard box??
The packaging of the z1r for $1700 puts it (and to be fair, other iems) to shame multiple times.

Having said that, I am enjoying the sound of the bird. It's like what everyone says: great tuning, plays well with most genres, and a very wide soundstage.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #46,824 of 89,931
It's a great point to make, but for me (not married) the packaging of the traillii was so... meh. This is what you get for $6600? A cardboard box??
The packaging of the z1r for $1700 puts it (and to be fair, other iems) to shame multiple times.

Having said that, I am enjoying the sound of the bird. It's like what everyone says: great tuning, plays well with most genres, and a very wide soundstage.

I prefer something low key and non-descript to a large cumbersome box that's just going to sit in my closet anyway. Of all companies Campfire I feel gets the perfect balance of understated and elegant/classy.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #46,825 of 89,931
It also helps that the wife can look at these and have no idea what they cost...

Story of my life the last couple years. If she knew ... :scream:

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #46,826 of 89,931
I had the original FoKus Pro. It sounded amazing, deep rumbling low end and very responsive to the app preset EQs. But the connection issues is definitely a killer. If you can live with that, I think it's worth a try.

I swapped to Airpod Pro 2 and I don't regret. So seamless use and sounds great. (apple user as well)
My wireless set of choice (rocking a Samsung S22 Ultra): https://www.gravastar.com/products/sirius-pro
I prefer something low key and non-descript to a large cumbersome box that's just going to sit in my closet anyway. Of all companies Campfire I feel gets the perfect balance of understated and elegant/classy.
One or the other. As in, either give me an oversized box that's fun and different and a little novelty  or give me something small, cleverly packed and easy to store. Just don't give me a large, plain, nondescript cardboard box that wastes space.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #46,827 of 89,931
Fair enough. I guess I think of the unpacking as a part of the experience, and a brown box doesn't really cut it for me.
But yes, I do also like Campfire's packaging for being good whilest being quite small.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #46,828 of 89,931
Fair enough. I guess I think of the unpacking as a part of the experience, and a brown box doesn't really cut it for me.
But yes, I do also like Campfire's packaging for being good whilest being quite small.

I never unboxed a Traillii so I don't really have an opinion there but I cannot stand large, excessive cabinet-like packaging. Traillii's packaging is even understated compared to other Oriolus IEMs. I like to think in that case they let the sound speak for itself.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #46,830 of 89,931

I call that the Apple effect. I agree, it doesn't have to be excessive or over the top, but after spending $$$, I do want it to feel somewhat special.

Unboxing my Meta Quest 2 headset felt very "Apple-ish" and was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back