The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 20, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #46,831 of 89,980
Great review. I am loving my set. Accessories are fantastic. Build quality is supreme. And I am loving the bass. You make me want to try the Silver+ too.

Speaking of accessories, I got pinged by a few people about that leather stand. It was included as part Special Edition, but it is a separate accessory you can buy from plussound. It makes a cool IEM/CIEM display and it fits into their leather case too. The leather case by itself comes with a removable insert. This leather stand can work by itself and also like an insert. Both are interchangeable.

ps-allegro-09.jpg ps-allegro-10.jpg

ps-allegro-11.jpg ps-allegro-12.jpg

ps-allegro-13.jpg ps-allegro-14.jpg

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #46,833 of 89,980
Speaking of accessories, I got pinged by a few people about that leather stand. It was included as part Special Edition, but it is a separate accessory you can buy from plussound. It makes a cool IEM/CIEM display and it fits into their leather case too. The leather case by itself comes with a removable insert. This leather stand can work by itself and also like an insert. Both are interchangeable.

ps-allegro-09.jpg ps-allegro-10.jpg

ps-allegro-11.jpg ps-allegro-12.jpg

ps-allegro-13.jpg ps-allegro-14.jpg
I have the Limited Edition not the Special so it came with the case and the black insert - which is quite handy - but not the leather insert. That's nice!

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #46,834 of 89,980
I had the original FoKus Pro. It sounded amazing, deep rumbling low end and very responsive to the app preset EQs. But the connection issues is definitely a killer. If you can live with that, I think it's worth a try.

I swapped to Airpod Pro 2 and I don't regret. So seamless use and sounds great. (apple user as well)
Ah, connection issues are probably enough to scare me away. Thanks for the feedback.

The seamless connectivity between the iPhone and the AirPods is hard to give up. They just flat out work, all of the time.

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #46,835 of 89,980

+1 to the exceptional PLUSSound IEM cases especially for storing my IEMs + 8-wires. Ended up collecting all 3 colors and leather inserts, which are f'ing fab since Xelastics don't pick up lint with leather insert compared to regular ones, during the holiday sale.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #46,836 of 89,980
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #46,837 of 89,980
No way! hahahaha That's just for the picture.

At least not this one, but I did that before with other DAPs. I personally don't like cases. I use all my phones without cases. i think that someone spent so much time to design something incredible and we go there and put a case and hide everything. Such a shame.... I need the silicon case for SP3k.
That silver look is stunning!

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #46,838 of 89,980
If anyone is in two minds about how big a difference a cable can make to the sound of an IEM, just hook a Cardas Clear (a.k.a. PW Audio 'The 1950s') onto the Z1R. I've always been a huge fan of the stock cable, still am. But seriously, this is next level. Finally got to try it today when the Willow Audio mmcx adapters arrived from SG, thanks to the kindhearted @metaljem77. I can clearly and objectively describe the differences I hear in songs I've heard dozens of times over with Z1R over the past year.

PSX_20230120_143015.jpg
Did you try the 1960s also?
Which tips are you using?

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #46,839 of 89,980
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #46,840 of 89,980
Hello Cooler folks!

It's been a while since I've posted here (late June?)
Since then I've:
-Moved back to the South (US)
-Started my last year of medical training
-Met my future wife
-Accepted an offer for my first big boy job
-Used some of the signing bonus to venture into electrostats and upgrade my desktop chain

As far as IEMs go, my M9 driven dynamic duo of Jewel and Legend X have kept me great company!

I'm not going to attempt to read the 1000+ pages I've missed...

I do see recently though that the UM Multiverse Mentor has garnered a lot of interest, Noble seems to be making a splash again, Penon is making an Impact, Fatfreq exists, and the Subtonic Storm is still a mystery...any major developments I've missed?

I'm looking forward to getting caught up at canjam NYC!

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #46,842 of 89,980
El Cheap goodness breaking in today. Sal Notes / Crinaclel Planer @ $100.
IMG_0411.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #46,843 of 89,980
Hello Cooler folks!

It's been a while since I've posted here (late June?)
Since then I've:
-Moved back to the South (US)
-Started my last year of medical training
-Met my future wife
-Accepted an offer for my first big boy job
-Used some of the signing bonus to venture into electrostats and upgrade my desktop chain

As far as IEMs go, my M9 driven dynamic duo of Jewel and Legend X have kept me great company!

I'm not going to attempt to read the 1000+ pages I've missed...

I do see recently though that the UM Multiverse Mentor has garnered a lot of interest, Noble seems to be making a splash again, Penon is making an Impact, Fatfreq exists, and the Subtonic Storm is still a mystery...any major developments I've missed?

I'm looking forward to getting caught up at canjam NYC!
You missed the pages that say you need to buy the Fir XE6!

Their FR Graph is not my cup of tea but with all the hype in this thread, I’m constantly thinking about these 🥳🤪

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #46,844 of 89,980
the Subtonic Storm is still a mystery...any major developments I've missed?

We should start seeing more Storm impressions soon as their next batch is on track to be shipped by the end of the month.

Phonix LE (mid Feb), Traillii Ti (Jan 29), AK x EE Odyssey (sold out) are all notable releases too.

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #46,845 of 89,980

Users who are viewing this thread

Back