The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 28, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #452 of 89,894
MusicTek is having a Memorial Day Sale.

May 28, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #454 of 89,894
I'm more than a little tempted by the Valk MkII tbh... Something would need to go to make way for it though.

Don't underestimate the Bravado Mkii...it's got the same driver config and tech, is half the price, and seems to get much more consistently good reports.

May 28, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #455 of 89,894
Would the Bravado Mkii be a good compliment to the Nio if I'm after a bit more upper mid range / treble energy? I love impactful / visceral bass response, and the bass on the Nio with the M15 module works really well with my preferred music genres (death & black metal, prog occasionally), but on occasion I feel the upper range plays things a little safe and they aren't super engaging. The Dorado 2020 is on my radar as well...

May 28, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #456 of 89,894
I'm after a bit more upper mid range / treble energy?

IMHO, going by the quoted criteria, neither the Bravado nor the Dorado would hit that mark...consider the Valk MKii or the IER Z1R.

Edit: Or if money's no object, the Odin.

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #457 of 89,894
IMHO, going by the quoted criteria, neither the Bravado nor the Dorado would hit that mark...consider the Valk MKii or the IER Z1R.

Edit: Or if money's no object, the Odin.
Thanks for the suggestions. Would love to go Odin but it's a bit too rich for my blood. I'll look into the Valk Mkii. Z1R size / fit scares me off but would really like to hear them someday.

May 28, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #458 of 89,894
Thanks for the suggestions. Would love to go Odin but it's a bit too rich for my blood. I'll look into the Valk Mkii. Z1R size / fit scares me off but would really like to hear them someday.

Other IEMs to consider would be something like the Dunu Zen or the OG Mest

May 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #460 of 89,894
Legend X?

Not if he's looking for a lower treble/upper mid emphasis imho...I would take the Bravado 100% for metal over the LX simply due to the e-stats and improved bass driver. Odin would be end game I imagine for him but it's quite takai.

May 28, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #461 of 89,894
There's a pair of Bravado Mkii's up for sale on the classifieds for $680... Very tempting. And I know MusicTeck has a sale going on for both the Bravado and Valk Mkii.

Legend X is also on my "want to hear list" but I too think there are other IEMs that'll be better suited for my music preferences.

May 28, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #462 of 89,894
There's a pair of Bravado Mkii's up for sale on the classifieds for $680... Very tempting. And I know MusicTeck has a sale going on for both the Bravado and Valk Mkii.

Legend X is also on my "want to hear list" but I too think there are other IEMs that'll be better suited for my music preferences.
What's your music preference? If I may ask

May 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #465 of 89,894
There's a pair of Bravado Mkii's up for sale on the classifieds for $680.

Honestly if you have the means just go for it-- worst that can happen is that you don't like it then re-list it and sell at a minimal loss. Kick drums on the Bravado are epic...And Justice for All has never sounded better to me :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back