The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 26, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #41,011 of 89,875
The U12t? I thought that would be the IEM nobody could have a problem with fit-wise! I learned something here.

drftr
I know right, was surprised myself. Don't really know why but the shell was pressing against the rear fleshy part of my ear. Tip choice helped but still had to roll them forward a touch every now and again to eleviate pressure.
Switching cable is also an option to consider eventually. The stock cable is very good sounding soundwise, but was not fantastic in terms of comfort to me. Plussound makes good cables for the Z1R with specific mmcx connectors.
Hoping to keep the stock one in tbh as everyone seems to rate it highly. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks. Have you rolled cables on them?

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #41,012 of 89,875
I know right, was surprised myself. Don't really know why but the shell was pressing against the rear fleshy part of my ear. Tip choice helped but still had to roll them forward a touch every now and again to elevate pressure.

Hoping to keep the stock one in tbh as everyone seems to rate it highly. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks. Have you rolled cables on them?
Yep, but because of comfort.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #41,013 of 89,875
Potential/inbound purchases until the end of 2022:

IEMs:
- Fibae 5 CIEM or UIEM x2
- Z1R
- Odyssey
- Noble Sultan

DAPs:
- RS8 x2
- M6 Ultra

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #41,014 of 89,875
Potential/inbound purchases until the end of 2022:

IEMs:
- Fibae 5 CIEM or UIEM x2
- Z1R
- Odyssey
- Noble Sultan

DAPs:
- RS8 x2
- M6 Ultra
RS8.... x2? Gonna run them in mono and use one for each ear?

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #41,015 of 89,875
RS8.... x2? Gonna run them in mono and use one for each ear?
😂 no, there are 2 head-fiers thinking about purchasing this DAP before the end of the year

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #41,016 of 89,875
😂 no, there are 2 head-fiers thinking about purchasing this DAP before the end of the year
Lol, I thought it was your list, not the poll total! :beyersmile:

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #41,017 of 89,875
Nov 26, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #41,018 of 89,875
What is the most satisfying audio experience you came across since the beginning of the year?

Too many to count-- when I'm on holidays in a couple weeks I'll put together a retrospective of the year.

Btw, a massive mark of respect and « thank you » from my humble side for leading a fantastic thread as this one. Nice place to read and share infos.

Thanks for the kind words :) This community is a team effort. It is what is because of all the great people who contribute.

In other news I might Scubi my Gaea listing...I just put them in and don't want to take them out.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #41,019 of 89,875
@gLer I know how much you enjoy the XM4, but these Bose QC II went toe-to-toe with them in terms of SQ. These sounded remarkable, and deserves more attention IMO. Noise cancellation was also top notch, and size is more compact lighter smaller. I'd highly recommend giving these a go next visit to electronics store. Bass was tight and mids full with even treble. They sounded just right tonally, and not lacking in the resolution department too

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earbuds/quietcomfort-earbuds-ii.html

qce_1.jpg

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #41,020 of 89,875
Just sharing some notes on M2 & DMP-Z1 aka big dong energy. I tried them both on 4.4 balanced yesterday. First up one has a knob, and the other doesn't. So for all the fidgety hands out there, the DMP is still primadonna, no contest
The two golden players sounded absolutely gorgeous with Turii, the DMP having the larger hall-like soundstage. The extra power utilised by the bigger sibling was made use quite effectively to draw out this stage size, at the same time a larger imaging. Note size was also significantly bigger stretched which puts some strain on resolution. I found the M2 to have a more resolving sound, though at the cost of smaller stage. Bass was tighter on the M2, but more in amount on DMP though a bit more loose. Mids have a natural tonality on both, the M2 sounded clearer whereas on the DMP it's a bit darker and more warm. The M2 has more sparkle up top as well
1669452894515.jpg

1669452602759.jpg

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #41,021 of 89,875
Just sharing some notes on M2 & DMP-Z1 aka big dong energy. I tried them both on 4.4 balanced yesterday. First up one has a knob, and the other doesn't. So for all the fidgety hands out there, the DMP is still primadonna, no contest
The two golden players sounded absolutely gorgeous with Turii, the DMP having the larger hall-like soundstage. The extra power utilised by the bigger sibling was made use quite effectively to draw out this stage size, at the same time a larger imaging. Note size was also significantly bigger stretched which puts some strain on resolution. I found the M2 to have a more resolving sound, though at the cost of smaller stage. Bass was tighter on the M2, but more in amount on DMP though a bit more loose. Mids have a natural tonality on both, the M2 sounded clearer whereas on the DMP it's a bit darker and more warm. The M2 has more sparkle up top as well
1669452894515.jpg

1669452602759.jpg
From the few hours I've had with each I'd totally agree. It's like the difference between big class A power and AB. Stage with Jewel felt like it was on another level with DMP, full 360 expansion. DMP definitely has more colour than M2.

Did you compare both with Direct Sound / DSD and both versions of DSEE? I really liked DSEE on M2 (think that's the Ultimate?) but DMP I'm firmly Direct / DSD all the way.

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #41,023 of 89,875
As far as demoing gear goes. Having just experienced my first one the thing that will pull me back to another is the social aspect-- getting to meet like minded souls from, in some cases, all corners of the globe. If I make it to SG 2023 that will be what draws me there.

Since the top 3 poll seems to have wrapped up here is another:

If, right now, you could pick one and only one new flagship from the company of your choice which company would you choose? Assume you can just walk into a shop right now and buy it, say, and do not have to wait "two weeks" or anything.
My answer’s Elysian as well. All the other brands mentioned have released flagships I haven’t particularly loved. All 3 Elysian IEMs have had a house sound that I’m guaranteed to jive with. It’s kinda like 64A in that way, so that’s the one I’d be willing to get blind… as long as that no two-week wait asterisk is absolutely guaranteed. :p

Pretty sure can be purchasing HK and Taiwan too, I’m not sure it’s available in Singapore.
Correct, but you can only custom-tune one in Japan.

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #41,024 of 89,875
On the topic of Elysian anything that benefits from lush, textured, deep & etheric yet grounded and spacious highs will sound sublime on an Elysian IEM.

Stuff like this is incredible:

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #41,025 of 89,875

Users who are viewing this thread

Back