The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #40,996 of 89,868
Just Ear. One of the brand that only can be bought at Japan.
Pretty sure can be purchasing HK and Taiwan too, I’m not sure it’s available in Singapore.
7275112A-08C0-48F3-8D11-AAC350216FD1.png

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #40,997 of 89,868
Next survey. I dare starting one.

Which IEM or DAP are you most likely going to purchase before the end of the year?

From my end: Hiby RS8 and Custom Fibae 5
DAP = None. Trimming down with N8ii now looking for a new home due to my new found love for Sony!

IEM = Most likely none by end of year. Z1R on the way so that'll probably be it for this year. Going to kick back and enjoy some music!

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #40,998 of 89,868
On the contrary I love it so much I jumped on a used universal Annihilator that came up. Gaea is something of a baby Annihilator so as much as I like it it's a bit redundant alongside it.
Makes sense. You had a full « portable audio » year so far. What is the most satisfying audio experience you came across since the beginning of the year? Btw, a massive mark of respect and « thank you » from my humble side for leading a fantastic thread as this one. Nice place to read and share infos.

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #40,999 of 89,868
DAP = None. Trimming down with N8ii now looking for a new home due to my new found love for Sony!

IEM = Most likely none by end of year. Z1R on the way so that'll probably be it for this year. Going to kick back and enjoy some music!
Nice reading you are going to get a Z1R 👍 your DMP-Z1 is wide open to welcome these diamonds

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #41,000 of 89,868
Nice reading you are going to get a Z1R 👍 your DMP-Z1 is wide open to welcome these diamonds
Yeah, looking forward to this. DMP should be up around 800hrs playtime by the time I get back home so should be nicely bedded in. :sunglasses: :L3000:

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #41,001 of 89,868
Pretty sure can be purchasing HK and Taiwan too, I’m not sure it’s available in Singapore.
I went to take a look online, they require the purchaser to go to the physical shop to process the order. They prob need to examine and ensure the fit for QC purposes. Lovely construction, if I ever go to HK or Japan, would consider getting one :)

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #41,002 of 89,868
Yeah, looking forward to this. DMP should be up around 800hrs playtime by the time I get back home so should be nicely bedded in. :sunglasses: :L3000:
Don’t give up too soon on the potential fit issue you might encounter. I hope you get the perfect seal as I did. 🤞

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #41,003 of 89,868
I went to take a look online, they require the purchaser to go to the physical shop to process the order. They prob need to examine and ensure the fit for QC purposes. Lovely construction, if I ever go to HK or Japan, would consider getting one :)
I came to the same conclusion. Even if you got someone to walk in with your molds, I think they check fitment once they've been made when you pick them up. (?)

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #41,004 of 89,868
Don’t give up too soon on the potential fit issue you might encounter. I hope you get the perfect seal as I did. 🤞
Fingers crossed. Had some pretty big shells before and never had an issue so hopeful for these. Oddly enough the only IEM that ever gave me discomfort was U12t which I would never have expected.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #41,005 of 89,868
How good is your Japanese? Also I think you need a Japanese address too. It’s not an instant turnaround.
that seems like a slight issue. Would need to trouble friends then

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #41,007 of 89,868
Next survey. I dare starting one.

Which IEM or DAP are you most likely going to purchase before the end of the year?

From my end: Hiby RS8 and Custom Fibae 5
No daps for me. I bought a mojo 2 recently, and I am planning to just use that and stay with it for a good long while. And as far as IEMs, I have the fibae 5 on the way that should hopefully arrive on Monday. Super excited about it and if it does what I am hoping and fits well, then I think my szalayi is going up for sale.

Gotta say most of the stuff in this hobby that I am finding interesting is just more than I want to spend these days. Especially with the Lego Eiffel Tower on the way too. I think that was probably the last hobby money I am comfortable spending this year.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #41,008 of 89,868
Fingers crossed. Had some pretty big shells before and never had an issue so hopeful for these. Oddly enough the only IEM that ever gave me discomfort was U12t which I would never have expected.
Switching cable is also an option to consider eventually. The stock cable is very good sounding soundwise, but was not fantastic in terms of comfort to me. Plussound makes good cables for the Z1R with specific mmcx connectors.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #41,010 of 89,868
IEM: Still waiting on the Odyssey
DAP: Not looking for now. My ifi Gold bar does the job but I could see an SP3k in my future.
Gold bar fellow in here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back