The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #40,426 of 89,793
Yes, Barnie is a Leonberger too. They actually change how they look quite dramatically. When he was young, Barnie was really blond and is now getting closer to his half-brother (also in this picture):
Barnie_Beer.jpg
Male dogs are also quite a bit bigger and get that lion-like mane.

They really are stunning dogs, love the colour variation!

My family and I loved every minute of the interaction yesterday. Both were incredibly friendly, and I can absolutely see how they work as therapy dogs. The younger guy still a bit boisterous of course, he wanted to grab his treat ahead of the command! My wife not in agreement of the need to add another dog to our home unfortunately!

The 'puppy' -

20221120_160232.jpg

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #40,427 of 89,793
They really are stunning dogs, love the colour variation!

My family and I loved every minute of the interaction yesterday. Both were incredibly friendly, and I can absolutely see how they work as therapy dogs. The younger guy still a bit boisterous of course, he wanted to grab his treat ahead of the command! My wife not in agreement of the need to add another dog to our home unfortunately!

The 'puppy' -

20221120_160232.jpg
They are amazing dogs. We chose the breed specifically and went to visit the breeder a couple of times just to get to know the breed, and see if such a dog would fit us. We fell in love instantly. They can be a bit cheeky at times and of course because of their size they can sometimes crawl under the table and walk away table and all. 😂 But they are gentle giants and very good companions.

We have often thought about a second Leonberger and even came close to adopting one that needed a new home because her owners could handle her anymore, but that's still a bit too much for the time being. Should your wife change her mind then I can wholeheartedly recommend the breed.

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #40,429 of 89,793
IMG_2100.jpg

These are growing on me the more a listen to them. Love the 64Audio Shielded Silver-Core Cable also!

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #40,432 of 89,793
Solaris Mecury. Looks cool but not sure if I need it.

1669048443802.png1669048452299.png1669048467912.png
Description makes it sound like its just a solaris 2020 in a shiny shell. While I have no interest in it, these are the types of special editions I can get behind, cosmetic only.

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #40,433 of 89,793
Yes, that's Barnie on the day we picked him up from the breeder. 🙂

This too:
1669048491680.png
Him and his grandmother.
I'm doing a mini project with my brother to surprise my nephews on April fools day. When looking for Leonberger pups 5 or so weeks ago I came across his pic and bookmarked it. Thought this was a good moment to share :wink:

drftr

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #40,434 of 89,793
Yes, Barnie is a Leonberger too. They actually change how they look quite dramatically. When he was young, Barnie was really blond and is now getting closer to his half-brother (also in this picture):
Barnie_Beer.jpg
Male dogs are also quite a bit bigger and get that lion-like mane.
we need more dog pics in here!
I might have been tempted! Haha! The treble is special enough to overlook the bass. Mind you I was hearing the Anni right after the Ody and so the bass on the Anni would sound underwhelming. But oh, the treble! @klyzon was looking at my reaction from a distance. My jaws were open! Haha!
yes, I could tell you were tempted haha

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #40,435 of 89,793
I'm doing a mini project with my brother to surprise my nephews on April fools day. When looking for Leonberger pups 5 or so weeks ago I came across his pic and bookmarked it. Thought this was a good moment to share :wink:

drftr
Ah okay. 😅 That picture was at 8 weeks old. We went to visit at 6 weeks old, which is the picture of Barnie that I use as my profile picture:
Barnie.JPG

And friends of us (owners of his half brother) visited at 4 weeks. This was Barnie then:
pups_wk4.jpg

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #40,437 of 89,793
Ah okay. 😅 That picture was at 8 weeks old. We went to visit at 6 weeks old, which is the picture of Barnie that I use as my profile picture:
Barnie.JPG
And friends of us (owners of his half brother) visited at 4 weeks. This was Barnie then:
pups_wk4.jpg
You sure the last pic isn't a seal???

drftr

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #40,438 of 89,793
I might have been tempted! Haha! The treble is special enough to overlook the bass. Mind you I was hearing the Anni right after the Ody and so the bass on the Anni would sound underwhelming. But oh, the treble! @klyzon was looking at my reaction from a distance. My jaws were open! Haha!

That was kind of me in a nutshell. I demoed Anni at CanJam and among the other sets and show environment the bass seemed a deal breaker at the time. However spending time with Gaea, whose bass is very similar and has the added downside of what some might call excessive upper mids...I find everything else about it, in particular the tuning of the highs, to be so good that I completely lose sight of the downsides after my brain settles in to the sound. With this in mind and having had a month with Gaea to properly get used to the brighter tuning I'm prepared to be properly blown away by Annihilator when I receive it later (all signs are pointing to today).

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #40,439 of 89,793
In the midst of all the dog pic, here is my cat Mango snuggling with me over Sunday morning coffee yesterday.

316108751_10167274341660654_334557769589842026_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back