The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 21, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #40,411 of 89,869
If you listen to vocals, acoustics or instrumental, I found Ragnar fantastic in evoking pathos and poignancy, that my eyes watered…

66B51C94-4E1B-4EA2-87F4-678708E74468.jpeg
I see IU I 😍

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #40,412 of 89,869
Ahh right now I remember you said shouty, not sibilant.

But then, my statement probably will be the same.....especially when you compare that with the Sultan.

Think Ragnar is coming to HK soon, let's see if it is anything different from the original Viking.
The Viking is better. The Damascus steel changes the tone of the sound. There is a reason for the price difference:wink:

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #40,414 of 89,869
Nov 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #40,415 of 89,869
So a guy who was interested in my U18t (based in Europe) pulled out and bought a used U12t instead, received it, and broke of the 2 pin connector on the same day. Just trying to help him: Is it necessary for him to send them to the US (of course very expensive) or are there ways to get this fixed in Europe? Tnx...

drftr

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #40,416 of 89,869
🤞🏼another one little reminder 🤞🏼
P. S. CA Supermoon, NA Sultan

You need to specify a little more about what you're after and what your sonic priorities are.

In other news my Annihilator arrives today...woop.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #40,417 of 89,869
You need to specify a little more about what you're after and what your sonic priorities are.
I wish this could be more emphasized.
So often I see people stating - "x" iem sounds terrible - and then asking for suggestions what sounds better than the aforementioned iem.
There are so many sonic characteristics to take into consideration that I just don't vibe when people immediately dismiss certain iems without stating their reasoning.

In other news my Annihilator arrives today...woop.
Excited to hear your impressions on Annihilator!
My only experience with Elysian iems is Elysian X, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #40,418 of 89,869
I wish this could be more emphasized.
So often I see people stating - "x" iem sounds terrible - and then asking for suggestions what sounds better than the aforementioned iem.
There are so many sonic characteristics to take into consideration that I just don't vibe when people immediately dismiss certain iems without stating their reasoning.

Or alternately when people gush about something without offering context. People's tastes and needs with IEMs are like snowflakes-- no two are exactly alike. There are IEMs some are convinced are the best thing on the market that I don't feel are that great, and vice versa.

Excited to hear your impressions on Annihilator!
My only experience with Elysian iems is Elysian X, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

My first demo of Anni was with a broken tour unit-- I really liked I but didn't fully wrap my head around it. Then I heard it later at CanJam and found the bass too weak to be enjoyable. Then I got my hands on Gaea, which has the same bass driver and a similar bass response as Anni (in fact many have said that Gaea is a baby Annihilator) and it has been my most listened to IEM by far in the past month despite having Supermoon, Diva, Mentor, Turii Ti, Phonix and Ext on hand. This convinced me I needed to give the Annihilator a proper treatment under better circumstances. Curious how the coming days will unfold.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #40,419 of 89,869
Spent most of today in Dublin city centre with my wife and kids, quite a Christmas vibe and wonderful atmosphere. A highlight was meeting these two wonderful 'Leonberger' dogs - one of them a 6 year old therapy dog who spends time in retirement homes, schools and hospitals - the other a 16 month in training to become a therapy dog, and due to be assessed soon. They have such a beautiful temperament, so friendly and obedient. We spent at least 30 minutes chatting with the owners, a fantastic interaction. They are absolutely enormous creatures!

20221120_160627.jpg

20221120_160232.jpg

Grafton Street, Dublin - feeling very festive already.

20221120_171306.jpg

20221120_171531.jpg
That's so cool! Really good looking Leonbergers and I love the first picture with that all too familiar face they make when treats are on offer. 😂 Lovely city too, by the looks of it. Would love to visit there one day.

At the kennels where we got Barnie they just finished the course for certification as a therapy dog with one of their Leonbergers named Isa. They were going to breed with Isa and we had expected a pup from her first litter, but she got sick and can't have puppies anymore. Because Isa has such an amazing personality the breeder decided to go the therapy dog route instead. We still call it "doing an auntie Isa" when Barnie presses up against us and demands a cuddle. 😂

We do sometimes think about perhaps training Barnie as a therapy dog as well. We think he has the right disposition and has been surprisingly gently with small children, but he can still be a little too boisterous and so we want him to grow a little older first.
Speaking of enormous dogs, calling @Wyville
"You rang my Lord?" Oh no, wait. Here's my Lord... 😂
Barnie.JPG

Thanks for the ping! Wouldn't want to miss any Leonberger stories and/or pictures. 😁

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #40,420 of 89,869
That's so cool! Really good looking Leonbergers and I love the first picture with that all too familiar face they make when treats are on offer. 😂 Lovely city too, by the looks of it. Would love to visit there one day.

At the kennels where we got Barnie they just finished the course for certification as a therapy dog with one of their Leonbergers named Isa. They were going to breed with Isa and we had expected a pup from her first litter, but she got sick and can't have puppies anymore. Because Isa has such an amazing personality the breeder decided to go the therapy dog route instead. We still call it "doing an auntie Isa" when Barnie presses up against us and demands a cuddle. 😂

We do sometimes think about perhaps training Barnie as a therapy dog as well. We think he has the right disposition and has been surprisingly gently with small children, but he can still be a little too boisterous and so we want him to grow a little older first.

Barnie.JPG
Thanks for the ping! Wouldn't want to miss any Leonberger stories and/or pictures. 😁
If that's therapy for audiophiles then you have just struck a gold mine!

drftr

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #40,421 of 89,869
Yes I was wondering actually if the same breed as they looked familiar.
I don't recall if he ever mentioned what breed Barnie is, but when I think of HF & big dog I automatically think of him.
Yes, Barnie is a Leonberger too. They actually change how they look quite dramatically. When he was young, Barnie was really blond and is now getting closer to his half-brother (also in this picture):
Barnie_Beer.jpg

Male dogs are also quite a bit bigger and get that lion-like mane.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #40,422 of 89,869

Barnie.JPG

I want to cuddle him 🥲🥲🥲

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #40,423 of 89,869
Yes, Barnie is a Leonberger too. They actually change how they look quite dramatically. When he was young, Barnie was really blond and is now getting closer to his half-brother (also in this picture):
Barnie_Beer.jpg
Male dogs are also quite a bit bigger and get that lion-like mane.
Toogwijkhoeve?

drftr

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #40,424 of 89,869
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #40,425 of 89,869
Glad you liked it...I should have mine tomorrow. Did you like it enough to buy it had there been one available in store?
I might have been tempted! Haha! The treble is special enough to overlook the bass. Mind you I was hearing the Anni right after the Ody and so the bass on the Anni would sound underwhelming. But oh, the treble! @klyzon was looking at my reaction from a distance. My jaws were open! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back