The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #39,256 of 88,409
Question: What would people here consider a benchmark IEM for mids at the $1.5k price range? Supermoon is (among other things) a benchmark for bass, Gaea for treble...what's the best IEM you can get for $1.5k right now in terms of emotive, seductive mids?
Oriolus Crassi

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #39,257 of 88,409
Well you said right now 🤪 right now their prices used are well below $1.5k.

I'm out of touch with the times lmao...that's a pretty good deal for Ely.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #39,258 of 88,409
Oriolus Crassi

A number of people complained about upper mids on that IEM (if I remember correctly) and I didn't like the upper mids on Reborn, which Crassi was something of a followup to so I never took a serious look at Crassi yet.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #39,259 of 88,409
Hello friends,

Hope you all are doing great!! What is your take on the Oriolus Szalayi?? I am kinda keen on getting my hands on it, so just wanted to ask. Last night I checked out @Scuba Devils's review. That made me drool even more lol.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #39,260 of 88,409
A number of people complained about upper mids on that IEM (if I remember correctly) and I didn't like the upper mids on Reborn, which Crassi was something of a followup to so I never took a serious look at Crassi yet.
I didnt have an issue there, but always good to try and hear one for yourself. I sometimes wish I still had it in my collection. I do know it didnt fair to well with metal, or fast electronic music.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #39,262 of 88,409
I didnt have an issue there, but always good to try and hear one for yourself. I sometimes wish I still had it in my collection. I do know it didnt fair to well with metal, or fast electronic music.

That's good to hear...definitely on my radar.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #39,263 of 88,409
Question: What would people here consider a benchmark IEM for mids at the $1.5k price range? Supermoon is (among other things) a benchmark for bass, Gaea for treble...what's the best IEM you can get for $1.5k right now in terms of emotive, seductive mids?

That's an easy recommendation... Penon Legend (1.3k). Penon is particularly well regarded for their mids tuning, and the Legend exemplifies this better than any of their other offerings.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #39,264 of 88,409
That's an easy recommendation... Penon Legend (1.3k). Penon is particularly well regarded for their mids tuning, and the Legend exemplifies this better than any of their other offerings.
I've been wanting to hear this one for quite some time. Thank you for the reminder.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #39,265 of 88,409
Hello friends,

Hope you all are doing great!! What is your take on the Oriolus Szalayi?? I am kinda keen on getting my hands on it, so just wanted to ask. Last night I checked out @Scuba Devils's review. That made me drool even more lol.

I like them especially now they have over 100hrs on, good imaging, smooth immersive sound, clean impactful bass, lovely mids and reach high when needed, My only nit pick is the slightly wide bores but they fit ok. I'm using the supplied tips over my own.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #39,266 of 88,409
I like them especially now they have over 100hrs on, good imaging, smooth immersive sound, clean impactful bass, lovely mids and reach high when needed, My only nit pick is the slightly wide bores but they fit ok. I'm using the supplied tips over my own.
Thanks man!! Appreciate your feedback :)

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #39,267 of 88,409
Hello friends,

Hope you all are doing great!! What is your take on the Oriolus Szalayi?? I am kinda keen on gettingd to ask. Last night I checked out @Scuba Devils's review. That made me drool even more lol.
Keep drooling! It is a fantastic beast
For edm, rock and even symphonic complex music. Has great instrument placement, PRAT, tonality and really revs up with desktop amplification

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #39,268 of 88,409
Keep drooling! It is a fantastic beast
For edm, rock and even symphonic complex music. Has great instrument placement, PRAT, tonality and really revs up with desktop amplification
Thanks for your feedback man!! I will see to it and try to get one.

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #39,269 of 88,409
I never heard it myself, but I remember it was mentioned quite often before: Oriolus Isabellae

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #39,270 of 88,409
Probably the best single DD on the market. I do not have enough experience with them, so I can't name one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back