The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 2, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #39,241 of 88,418
Last week we had a small meet-up here in my city where I get to audition for a variety of audio gear. Well, it was not exactly an audio meet-up, I just met a good friend of mine and we both listened to each other's gear. So this impression post was long pending on me for a week or something, but i was kinda busy with some family commitments during this time. I will start with the newest addition to our collection, the Noble Audio Kublai Khan(My friend just got it a day prior to our meet-up lol).

A Short Disclaimer:-

I was short on time that day, so I spent all the hours listening to music and forgot to click some proper images. Maybe I will click better images next time I meet my friend(which is going to happen again soon).
Audio Meet up Image.jpg

Noble Audio Kublai Khan:-

Love the full-bodied sound presentation of this pair. Misses the bass impact of Legends Evo, but the midrange and treble performance sounds better to me. Vocals here sound phenomenal to me, they convey a good amount of emotions and showcase good clarity. Treble region has a good presence and in a good way, it is smooth and non-sibilant. The soundstage is also pretty impressive and has a 3D presence.

I need to spend more time with the KK to get deeper insights on the pair.

64Audio Tia Fourte:-

I actually brought the tia Fourte home with me that day. Man, this pair has a 3D speaker-like presentation with an impressive sound stage, in fact, the widest soundstage among the ones I tried that day. Bass and treble regions on the Fourte are tight, each hit is precise and accurate. Accurately detailed I would say. Although it has a good amount of sibilance present on the pair.

EE Legends Evo:-

One of the strongest bass responses I have heard in recent times. Slamming, Punchy, and Fast. Treble is quite upfront and crisp. Midrange, on the other hand, needs some EQ to get the best out of it. But all in all, one of my favorite sets, and something I aim to get in the near future(not known by when, but it is surely on the hitlist). Maybe when I return the Fourte to my friend I will bring this beauty with me for a few days.

Thieaudio Monarch MK2(My personal unit):-

Man, I don’t remember how many times I had tried the Monarch MK2 and actually hated it. But when I tried it on the Effect Audio Eros S cable a few months back, I actually brought the set home the very same day. Pretty solid performer, with excellent details, and an inoffensive sound with a wide soundstage. I personally think that this set needs a cable upgrade, the stock cable doesn't do justice to it. Bass feels refined and well-textured, although far from EE Evo or Fourte or Kublai in terms of punch and slam. Vocals and midrange are spectacular on this set.

DUNU SA6 Ultra(Was a Review Sample, But I ended up Keeping It):-

Lovely sound, IMO it sounds quite close to Monarch MK2. Obviously, MMK2 is better, but SA6 Ultra gives good competition. Good amount of details, Holds a good punch in the bass region and presents good vocals. For 600$, this is a no-brainer and an absolutely sweet deal. Sad that it was limited to only 300 units but happy that I managed to grab a unit :).

DUNU Talos(Review sample):-

After trying so many planers, and actually loving some of them(S12/Z12 for that matter), the Talos is among my top favorite sets for its price point. It has a good amount of details, has a clean presentation throughout the frequency band, and impressive clarity for vocals. Although it’s inoffensive most of the time, it is bright even in stock mode. Overall, a very good set for the price.

Well, these were all that I tried that day. My heart craves more for the EE Legends Evo and Noble KK. I tried my best to be on the point with this post so that I won't bore you guys with a lot of banter, but hope you guys find this informative. Sorry once again for not being able to share more images for the same. I promise next time will treat you guys with more images hehe.

Thank You

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #39,245 of 88,418
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #39,246 of 88,418
I am from the states and canada has it good...

Bay Bloor Radio, truly amazing, they have their own listening room to try TOTL headphones or IEMs, not to mention their staff always extremely friendly.

Audio 46 is just alright... :/

Attachments

• 1667412356662285789045083660414.jpg
    1667412356662285789045083660414.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #39,247 of 88,418
I am from the states and canada has it good...

Bay Bloor Radio, truly amazing, they have their own listening room to try TOTL headphones or IEMs, not to mention their staff always extremely friendly.

Audio 46 is just alright... :/

Nice Bay Bloor has really upped their game in the last few years in terms of portable. I'd love to visit in person sometime.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #39,248 of 88,418
More great news: Andrew has said I can tour the Mentor, Turii Ti, Twilight through the US once it's done in Canada. So stay tuned for that.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #39,250 of 88,418
Question: What would people here consider a benchmark IEM for mids at the $1.5k price range? Supermoon is (among other things) a benchmark for bass, Gaea for treble...what's the best IEM you can get for $1.5k right now in terms of emotive, seductive mids?

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #39,252 of 88,418
Question: What would people here consider a benchmark IEM for mids at the $1.5k price range? Supermoon is (among other things) a benchmark for bass, Gaea for treble...what's the best IEM you can get for $1.5k right now in terms of emotive, seductive mids?

VE Elysium

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #39,253 of 88,418
VE Elysium

Fair...I still think of it as $2.5K or whatever it was upon release. It's also too power hungry to be practical for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back