The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 19, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #32,927 of 89,017
Never heard of that one.
Aroma Thunder EA Code 51 released on 2020
I think isn’t different from thunder OG except for cable and shell color OFC.😅
2784B431-9DBF-425C-8704-3504EDB88047.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #32,929 of 89,017
E881EF8E-2BE2-4E7A-8C4A-925A24103DA1.jpeg

so these just came in last night. Still figuring out which tips are the best for me. Any recommendations? Currently trying the azla crystals on it
What dog is that?

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #32,930 of 89,017
Has there ever been a “collaboration” IEM that has been any good?
Not that I've heard many collaboration IEMs but I found Pathfinder from A&K + CFA to be pretty good. Although I don't think it could take the current crown from supermoon for you.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #32,931 of 89,017
Epro tws E01.

Edit: used these when I paired Indigo with MAX.
Yes, Epro tws E01 which you recommended to me are great. Also still really like the JVC Spiral Dots.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #32,932 of 89,017
You are in Vietnam? I am from there too, though I have not been living there for nearly a decade. I would never get into head-fi hobby if I were in Vietnam. Sometimes i check the price of online shops in Vietnam, and the amount of money in VND shocks me. A little pair of earphones is as expensive as a new motorbike, (at least as expensive when I left, before all the inflation?)
Yes. I am an expatriate (Singaporean) working in Vietnam for the last 17 years. The pricing is much better now. There are a couple of shops here that do offer competitive prices. If you are a regular, they could even extend to you a price that is really attractive. It really depends on their own network. For example, for the Oriollus and PW Audio products, the shop I order from has a great connection that the price is really competitive.

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #32,933 of 89,017
Yes. I am an expatriate (Singaporean) working in Vietnam for the last 17 years. The pricing is much better now. There are a couple of shops here that do offer competitive prices. If you are a regular, they could even extend to you a price that is really attractive. It really depends on their own network. For example, for the Oriollus and PW Audio products, the shop I order from has a great connection that the price is really competitive.

Singaporean coming to my country for working? Wow, I have no idea. I always thought it would be the other way around :dt880smile: I remember my friend back in university year saved up for months to get one of those Creative (or Sennheiser?) IEM, and I was like "how much? are you insane?"Good to know that there is vibrant community there now. Nice to meet you.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #32,934 of 89,017
Have you heard the Diva? It’s my favorite Elysian IEM. The max bass setting with a smoother DAP (the upper mids and low treble to me can be too present depending on track) is such a fun listen. For $1500, dare I say it, I think it’s a steal.

It’s one of the best sub bass head IEMs I’ve heard and all the switch settings are enjoyable.

I’m hoping he can start working on my CIEM in the next couple of weeks. Going for something green as I don’t have that color yet.

Yes, I preferred the Annihilator tuning though. I find the Diva a bit too aggressive for my liking. And while the treble on the Diva is good, is missing the extension and air of the Elysian EST magic from the Annihilator/X. But then again I’ve only tried them in the “neutral” setting 😂

Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the “Gaea”? Must be something expensive that I have not had the courage to look at :beyersmile:

If you are around, happy to meet some time. I can take measurements of whatever IEM gear you want for you with my IEC711 coupler. Just did the same for another head-fier who wants to check the channel balance of his IE900 and Z1R (perfect, btw).

It’s a EA x Elysian Colab. It’s purely tuned with Jpop/Anime OST in mind, so expect a bright tuning with less bass.
I have a IEC711 coupler as well, but my measurements seems to be off 😅
I don’t think I’ll be bringing mine, but I could view your process flow to see what went wrong with mine lol

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #32,936 of 89,017
In Adelaide? Ooh that’s convenient for me lol, if I do get the review set are you interested in the Gaea?
Ok, I’ll bite. What’s the “Gaea”? Must be something expensive that I have not had the courage to look at :beyersmile:

If you are around, happy to meet some time. I can take measurements of whatever IEM gear you want for you with my IEC711 coupler. Just did the same for another head-fier who wants to check the channel balance of his IE900 and Z1R (perfect, btw).
Yes, I preferred the Annihilator tuning though. I find the Diva a bit too aggressive for my liking. And while the treble on the Diva is good, is missing the extension and air of the Elysian EST magic from the Annihilator/X. But then again I’ve only tried them in the “neutral” setting 😂

It’s a EA x Elysian Colab. It’s purely tuned with Jpop/Anime OST in mind, so expect a bright tuning with less bass.
I have a IEC711 coupler as well, but my measurements seems to be off 😅
I don’t think I’ll be bringing mine, but I could view your process flow to see what went wrong with mine lol
Cool. Looks like another min-cooler meet-up in the making! Love it!

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #32,937 of 89,017
Not hard for me at all.

For me, it's Red Halo FE with First Times Shielding cable from the regular Red Halo. It is my favorite shell of the collection. And, the Red Halo First Times Shielding cable makes it sound best and is highlighted in Red which really complements the Red Halo FE shell.

I also have the Meet Again cable. I have not yet A/B tested it against the First Times Shielding. It's not clear to me that they are different cables even though Peter Wong himself says they are different.
Fully agree to this, it is the combination which I am currently using too!

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #32,938 of 89,017
Singapore special. Just a mix breed mongrel which nobody wants usually
Love them! I had a Singapore special too which I adopted about 20 years ago as a puppy together with a pure while Husky which was then 5 years old. Brought both of them to Vietnam. Sadly both have since passed away and the apartment I am living in does not allow for pets.

Miss my mutts!

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #32,939 of 89,017
Aug 20, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #32,940 of 89,017
I forget, what’s the difference between Red Halo and Red Halo FE? 😅
FE came with Attila (All red) and Indigo type shells, non FE came with FT (Black and red) and the FS type shells. Jardin has the FS shell in red/blue with an Orph based cable which is neither FT or Orph, apparently. All same drivers IIRC, RH 100% same drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back