The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 4, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #3,091 of 87,813
Where did you order the Blur buds? I can't seem to find one.. Looking forward to hearing your impressions, they seem nice

They are built to order, you reach out directly via Instagram to Wong, the man behind Blur. Great guy to deal with. Takes under a week to build, you then pay via PayPal and he ships. He sends a picture of the finished product and final graph before you pay, my first which I'm expecting hopefully to land this week -

Screenshot_20210919-135203_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210919-135218_Instagram.jpg

https://instagram.com/blurearbuds_boleh7?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #3,092 of 87,813
They are built to order, you reach out directly via Instagram to Wong, the man behind Blur. Great guy to deal with. Takes under a week to build, you then pay via PayPal and he ships. He sends a picture of the finished product and final graph before you pay, my first which I'm expecting hopefully to land this week -

Screenshot_20210919-135203_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210919-135218_Instagram.jpg

https://instagram.com/blurearbuds_boleh7?utm_medium=copy_link
Oo you got them 4.4mm terminated. Nice

150 ohm too.Will you be using an external or desktop amp to drive? 1A balanced out might be enough though, but it won't hurt having extra power :)

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #3,093 of 87,813
Oo you got them 4.4mm terminated. Nice

150 ohm too.Will you be using an external or desktop amp to drive? 1A balanced out might be enough though, but it won't hurt having extra power :)

Just the 1A or W2 for now, Wong felt either would be sufficient to drive but agreed, extra power might do more justice. That's next on my list, where do I go next for a source - the N6ii Ti tempting, or indeed do something with a desktop solution.

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #3,094 of 87,813
Just the 1A or W2 for now, Wong felt either would be sufficient to drive but agreed, extra power might do more justice. That's next on my list, where do I go next for a source - the N6ii Ti tempting, or indeed do something with a desktop solution.

The more mW the better! I'm currently looking for a desktop solution to sit alongside my Little Dot.

Having said that the MX150 driver you've got coming isn't that demanding, so there shouldn't be any immediacy needed (unless I'm underestimating the power of the 1A & W2).

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #3,095 of 87,813
I don't know how the N6ii Ti would fare next to the 1A, but they sure are tempting (perhaps @Deezel177 knows?) :)

I think if you like the sound character of the Blur + 1A, but felt them needing more volume, then getting an external amp would be a good idea. A relatively colorless amp could preserve the sound character, boost the volume, and give that extra reach for both extension and stage size. And their effects are more pronounced for moving DD transducers, in my experience with RNHP + Isa

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #3,096 of 87,813
All this talk of earbuds admittedly has me curious and it's probably only a matter of time before I snag a pair, even though they don't really sound like they'll fit my use case. In any event it would take me full circle back to my first portable audio rig in the early 90s...

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 7.31.25 AM.png

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #3,097 of 87,813
I prefer the idea of portable, if even only portable in the house. I'm not sure I'd use a desktop setup but I am debating it. Ideally a more powerful DAP is the preference... right now, I'm very happy with the 1A, especially with custom firmware but I don't know what I don't know, as such curious on a step up... which N6ii Ti appears to be!

Oct 4, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #3,098 of 87,813
All this talk of earbuds admittedly has me curious and it's probably only a matter of time before I snag a pair, even though they don't really sound like they'll fit my use case. In any event it would take me full circle back to my first portable audio rig in the early 90s...

The good old days of Walkman or personal stereos!

One of my first jobs which was part time while still in school was working in an electrical retail store, early 1994 - I often ended up at the personal stereo counter, drooling over some of the higher end players and ultimately buying a Panasonic RQ-S15 as per below picture. It wasn't my first, I had cheaper Walkman prior to it but this was a beautiful machine, slimline metal, inline remote etc. It served me well for about 2 years and was unfortunately stolen at a party one night 😟 I keep meaning to track one down again on eBay.

P1090180-1.jpg

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #3,099 of 87,813
VE V8 incoming. Please share your experience cable rolling the V8.

Oct 4, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #3,100 of 87,813
I have not read anything but excellent impressions of the VE EXT. I am going to wait for the hype/excitment to die down. Feb/March maybe. I still wanted a TOTL VE, and the V8 and others qualify. My hearing ain't that good so the V8 should be good. Also, there is a big noticeable jump from V8 to EXT. Going to buy the M8 replacement and make a few other DAP changes.

Oct 4, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #3,101 of 87,813

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 7.31.25 AM.png
Should’ve included the LBBS in a box I sent you yesterday. One of my best sounding earbuds! Almost as good as Moondrop Chaconne

Oct 4, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #3,102 of 87,813
Should’ve included the LBBS in a box I sent you yesterday. One of my best sounding earbuds! Almost as good as Moondrop Chaconne

Honestly given my investment in the Apple ecosystem I should just get some Apple wireless buds.

Oct 4, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #3,103 of 87,813
Vision Ears Canadian Tour thread is live. Hopefully the kit will be on its way to me soon. If this works out I'll petition some other manufacturers for other tour options.

Oct 5, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,104 of 87,813
OMG. My wife literally just booked an entire Suite for the first show of the BTS concert in Los Angeles for Nov 27. I said hell no until she reminded me of specific audio purchases. Morally of the story? If you wife asks you how much something cost, lie.

Oct 5, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #3,105 of 87,813
It's just wires dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back