The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 30, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #2,746 of 89,889
Do you mean Softears RS10?

Google tells us that DONDA is "a creative content company founded by American rapper and fashion designer Kanye West."

Can't have enough of Kanye and his marketing :D
Yes softears Rs10 and iFi Diablo

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2,747 of 89,889
Possibly but honestly if a pair of IEMs is underpowered by the most powerful portable source on the market then that should raise an eyebrow I would think.

Edit: Just to be clear I never claimed the RS10 was underpowered-- my beef with it is mainly that the FR is not my personal ideal.
No, I believe others have said the M8 wasn't a good match, and the N3pro is even more of the same thing, hence both neutrality and power of the A90.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #2,748 of 89,889
Or, if you want cheap neutral amp ($300 or less), with 3 gain settings and multiple output connections, check out the Drop 789 THX amp. Works for me.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #2,749 of 89,889
Yes softears Rs10 and iFi Diablo

Well, 100dB sensitivity surely isn't anything crazy for an IEM. This RS10 model needs more juice than most such products. I can understand why was it mentione with our Diablo. If that combo has enough headroom to listen comfortably, I'm cool with that :)

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 30, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #2,750 of 89,889
Just a note to express how unbelievably excited I am to hear @Vision Ears' new models...the day can't come soon enough :)

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #2,751 of 89,889
:triportsad: smh, EST's, man. That's a bummer.
AR-M2 can probably power them decently, but Harman tuning and it are not very copacetic, usually.
Recalibrating desires.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #2,752 of 89,889
The Reborn arrived two days early from Hawaii, thanks @rodel808! So far they sound lovely, hooked them up to the Iliad, N3pro, and some Little Feat, “Waiting for Columbus,” one of the finest live rock albums ever made. There's in a warmer spot in the upper mids, lower treble, but nothing that crosses to hot. There be certain songs, music (highly compressed rock) that I might avoid, but I'll play around with cables to see if that can be ameliorated.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #2,753 of 89,889
The Reborn arrived two days early from Hawaii, thanks @rodel808! So far they sound lovely, hooked them up to the Iliad, N3pro, and some Little Feat, “Waiting for Columbus,” one of the finest live rock albums ever made. There's in a warmer spot in the upper mids, lower treble, but nothing that crosses to hot. There be certain songs, music (highly compressed rock) that I might avoid, but I'll play around with cables to see if that can be ameliorated.

N3Pro is a great with Reborn :)

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,754 of 89,889
Just a note to express how unbelievably excited I am to hear @Vision Ears' new models...the day can't come soon enough :)
The sooner, the f--k--g better. Sent Andrew an Email trying to find out if I can afford EXT.

Aug 30, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #2,755 of 89,889
I'm dying to hear it but it's too much $$ for me to take a blind. Hopefully an opportunity to hear it will come my way :)

Edit: BTW how are you doing? I've heard from some sources that the situation in Aus right now isn't the best.
Sorry man, I didn’t see your edit until now! I’m alright, just living that lockdown lyf 🥲 Working from home and kids are also at home doing remote learning. It feels like we’ve been in lockdown forever. This little hobby and coffee are keeping me sane at the moment 😂

The covid situation isn’t too bad here in Melbourne, but it has spiralled out of control in Sydney. They’re now just aiming to get everyone vaccinated ASAP.

Hows it over there? I’m guessing you guys are pretty much back to normal now?

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,756 of 89,889
Definitely try tip rolling with the Reborn. I liked the white Accoustune tips that comes packaged with Intime Sora iems. I found wide bore tips like JVC spinfits rolled off the low end and thus making it too bright for my liking. The Sony triple comfort tips I enjoyed too but my pair were loose fitting (due to lots of tip rolling with other iem) and would not stay on any longer.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2,757 of 89,889
I love Accoustune tips, I wish they were easier to buy in North America! I'll pull one of my pairs off another IEM and try them with the Reborn. Damn the dazzles are huge!

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #2,759 of 89,889

Users who are viewing this thread

Back