The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 17, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,831 of 89,297
Forgive me Father for I have sinned....... Just ordered a PW #5 like Rocky and a PW #10 same specs and a PW Loki.
The #10 is an SPC cable I believe whereas Loki is an alloy of 70% silver, 30% copper. I’m not sure how the ratios work out for an SPC but I can certainly say that Loki veers more toward the sound signature of a pure silver rather than that of an SPC.

EDIT - ignore me, I misread what you wrote. Please let us know how they compare!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,832 of 89,297
Saturday Night Smooth Jazz Sessions.

1626567221434.png

Jul 17, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #1,833 of 89,297
Forgive me Father for I have sinned....... Just ordered a PW #5 like Rocky and a PW #10 same specs and a PW Loki.

I have a PW #5 that came stock with Reborn. I tried to order a 4.4 balanced version but Andrew didn't have one so I got the #10 instead. My first foray into PW cables.

Jul 17, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #1,834 of 89,297
A couple goodies on the way— balanced cable for Reborn plus an adapter I’ve wanted for a while.

I was gonna sell that cayin adapter in a few weeks lol

Jul 17, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #1,835 of 89,297
Looks like some Rocky and Claud W-inkle action

Jul 18, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #1,836 of 89,297
I just looked at your sig and remembered I have a Carbo Mezzo waiting for me at my mom’s house too :D
Old age begins when you stop being student age-- whether that happens at 19 or 90 is up to you.
Exactly, when you lose the desire to learn, grow, and develop new skills, it's time to check out.

Jul 18, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #1,837 of 89,297
I have a PW #5 that came stock with Reborn. I tried to order a 4.4 balanced version but Andrew didn't have one so I got the #10 instead. My first foray into PW cables.

I got a pw 5 4.4 from musitek for the reborn just a week ago. Maybe they have restocked?

yesterday I tested the reborn with few cables (prudence, bloc, rhapsodio wizard) and to my ears the 5 is still the best pairing for the reborn.

Another thing, I’m noticing mid bass is starting to slam harder and being more prominent after 40+ hrs of burn in. I have mixed feelings about burn in. In the past Some iems didn’t change at all, other iems improved in some aspects while others got worse (solaris 2020). The Reborn seems to be getting more spacious with harder hitting tighter mid bass.

Jul 18, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #1,838 of 89,297
I got a pw 5 4.4 from musitek for the reborn just a week ago. Maybe they have restocked?

You probably got the last one and they hadn't updated the website yet. I actually ordered and paid for it then Andrew messaged me later and said they were out of #5 and asked if I wanted the 8 wire for a discount or the #10 at the same price. All reports seem to be that the #10 is an update of the #5-- I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Another thing, I’m noticing mid bass is starting to slam harder and being more prominent after 40+ hrs of burn in. I have mixed feelings about burn in. In the past Some iems didn’t change at all, other iems improved in some aspects while others got worse (solaris 2020). The Reborn seems to be getting more spacious with harder hitting tighter mid bass.

For me burn in is mostly mood/brain burn in. Reborn takes some adjusting coming from any of my other IEMs but the more I listen to it the more I give in to its charms.

Jul 18, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #1,839 of 89,297
You probably got the last one and they hadn't updated the website yet. I actually ordered and paid for it then Andrew messaged me later and said they were out of #5 and asked if I wanted the 8 wire for a discount or the #10 at the same price. All reports seem to be that the #10 is an update of the #5-- I'm looking forward to hearing it.

For me burn in is mostly mood/brain burn in. Reborn takes some adjusting coming from any of my other IEMs but the more I listen to it the more I give in to its charms.
I have both the no 5 and no 10 8 wires and I like them both a lot. Really great value cables. I prefer the PW no 5 because the copper looks really nice.

Jul 18, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #1,840 of 89,297
I have both the no 5 and no 10 8 wires and I like them both a lot. Really great value cables. I prefer the PW no 5 because the copper looks really nice.

Yeah I prefer the look of the #5 too...oh well you can't win 'em all. At least this way I have both cables, though one is balanced and the other isn't.

Jul 18, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #1,841 of 89,297
Yeah I prefer the look of the #5 too...oh well you can't win 'em all. At least this way I have both cables, though one is balanced and the other isn't.

I must have got the last no 5 4.4 :frowning2:

I also have a pw 10 8w but didn’t test it with Reborn. I have too many cables, as I’m set with iems and their cables pairings, I will soon put on sale most of them before I have to buy another cabinet only for the cables ahah

If I recall The 4w no 10 is said to be organic with excellent bass impact. I’m pretty sure it will be a good pairing with the Reborn. Let us know :)

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #1,842 of 89,297
For fun: Your long lost grandmother leaves you $10,000 on the condition that you have to spend it on audio gear tomorrow. What do you get?

What about (I'm reading Project Hail Mary): you're shipped off to space.

You get to take one source and one IEM.

Go :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #1,843 of 89,297
What about (I'm reading Project Hail Mary): you're shipped off to space.

You get to take one source and one IEM.

Go :wink:
U12t for me.
Source: with presumably no wifi in space I would say a big hard drive full of flac, a portable computer and an amp/dac to be determined

Jul 19, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #1,845 of 89,297
Cool!

One item as a source though :p What's your pick?

Let's say you can have as many microSD card as you want.
DX300. U12t are easy to drive and I don’t need the powaa of the kann alpha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back