The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 15, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #89,296 of 90,229
Quick little survey if anybody can answer, thank you 😊.. Which one do y’all prefer and why? IE900 or Singularity ?

May 15, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #89,297 of 90,229
Hmmm hot take maybe? - try Melodic Artification Alter Ego if you haven’t already. I preferred it to both OG and Ti Traillii for that softer more relaxing playback that has great timbre.
Alter ego isn't as technical but with the stock cable and Final tips the timbre isn't too dissimilar. Alter Ego has slightly more bass emphasis. If it's one I wonder whether I should have kept, it was the Alter Ego.

Storm comes to mind as a BA/EST. With BCD I know some really like the 622B ... and I heard today the pairing with the E7 is sublime although I haven't heard it myself.

Trailii is Trailii and there's a reason it has stood the test of time. I'm surprised the fit doesn't work for you as it's not a common complaint with Trailii. I'm loving it out of the SP3000/OrphyIC/MK475 with the Sov Symphony cable. There's that slight lift to the bass impact. But it retains that musical, liquid timbre and balance.

May 15, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #89,298 of 90,229
Alter ego isn't as technical but with the stock cable and Final tips the timbre isn't too dissimilar. Alter Ego has slightly more bass emphasis. If it's one I wonder whether I should have kept, it was the Alter Ego.

Storm comes to mind as a BA/EST. With BCD I know some really like the 622B ... and I heard today the pairing with the E7 is sublime although I haven't heard it myself.

Trailii is Trailii and there's a reason it has stood the test of time. I'm surprised the fit doesn't work for you as it's not a common complaint with Trailii. I'm loving it out of the SP3000/OrphyIC/MK475 with the Sov Symphony cable. There's that slight lift to the bass impact. But it retains that musical, liquid timbre and balance.

No fit issues on Traillii for me minus the occasional vacuum seal. I was just suggesting alternatives that I think should be considered in place of Traillii since that doesn’t work for him.

I think 622b is also a decent shout but I found it’s mid range to be fairly dry and lacking in that emotive and musical presentation the Traillii had.

May 15, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #89,301 of 90,229
May 15, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #89,303 of 90,229
No fit issues on Traillii for me minus the occasional vacuum seal. I was just suggesting alternatives that I think should be considered in place of Traillii since that doesn’t work for him.

I think 622b is also a decent shout but I found it’s mid range to be fairly dry and lacking in that emotive and musical presentation the Traillii had.
VE Aura would honestly be a fantastic alternative to traillii imo they both go for a forward romantic midrange

May 15, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #89,304 of 90,229
VE Aura would honestly be a fantastic alternative to traillii imo they both go for a forward romantic midrange
VE Aura is also a big one, isn't it?
64A U18t comes to mind, even Anni. Maybe they don't sound so similar and I don't have them for a direct comparison, but these are the ones I like a lot and I always seem to gravitate towards the same signature.

May 15, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #89,305 of 90,229
Quick little survey if anybody can answer, thank you 😊.. Which one do y’all prefer and why? IE900 or Singularity ?
Singularity gets my vote. I prefer its more linear tonality, and the IE900 came off pretty claustrophobic to me. I’d say that if you have a weaker source, the IE900 will probably give you stronger (or more tactile) resolution. The Singularity needs a decent amount of power for its notes to get super solid (to be super-broad, I’d say at least a $700 2024 DAP). Also, they’re very different in form factor. The IE900 is many people’s most comfortable IEM ‘cus of how small it is, while I found it difficult to achieve a seal because of that. So, it’ll depend.

May 15, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #89,307 of 90,229
IMG_5168.png

This photo displays a good example of Alternative iems .. the row on the top are mine and the row on the bottom are my buddy’s .. So basically, we have a rule that we can’t own the same Iem so we get an alternative version of each other’s iems In specific criteria, such as our top 3 being a bass set a mids set and treble set .. as you can see, they are lined up with each other other accordingly

May 15, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #89,308 of 90,229
Singularity for me. I had the IE900 briefly and found it sounded fairly anemic and bass light (which is the opposite of what most say). I am not inexperienced with IEMs but all I can figure is that the shape of them just lead to me not being able to get a decent seal, even though it felt like I had it. The Singularity on the other hand has become what I sort of consider my endgame. Its got nice and authoritative bass, and has a smooth buy still detailed treble, with mids that sit a little back but are still nice and full bodied. Biggest con for me for the singularity is the fit. They do not have a very ergonomic shape and I struggle with comfort anyways. Ended up having to get custom tips/sleeves made by advanced sound for me to be able to use them for more than like 20 minutes.

May 15, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #89,310 of 90,229
Haven't heard Singularity but even if I love it, it won't replace IE900 for me. Easily the most comfortable IEM I have ever used (and I have 4 customs currently), and the bass is simply world-class. The rest isn't too shabby either. I sold it once, never again. It's one of my 'for life's IEMs even if something 'better' comes along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back