The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #556 of 4,697
>Looks
>Feels

>Implying that affects the sound and the fact that it is open vs closed

No most of us just bought them because of the polished metal black colour.

Reading this thread makes me confused a little.. Am i right in saying the PRO80 is intended as an higher end closed model by Takstar, whereas the 2050 is the equivalent, but then an open model? If so, it does actually suprise me that so many people state that they prefer the closed model over the open one. Is it mainly because of the bass with you guys (which is usually better with closed cans - in my experience at least) or is it because of the entire package? (Granted; the case that comes with the PRO80 looks awesome in my opinion..)

I haven't heard or seen both models in real life (kind of difficult when you are not living in China i guess..) mind you. Makes you wonder if Takstar shouldn't introduce a 'better' /higher end open phone. I mean, the entrire package of the closed phones doesn't really match up what you get with the (abeit cheaper) open phones, right?

Hey I don't live in China, You think all of us in this thread live in China? Its not as difficult as you think, We order the Headphones through ebay and they send them down anywhere in the world, 2 weeks later you have a nice parcel at your door. :p

Anyway I used to think just like you but after doing some hard reading for a few days(actually searching for the info for a few days) I came across that generally its cheaper to make open phones sound very nice then closed ones, how ever I read closed ones do match or at least come just as close, But they have to be Really high quality closed phones. I think for the price the Takstars really live up to the claim (I have used their headphones before, a very Cheap $10 TS 819 sounded better then anything including most so called "gaming" and music headsets going for say ~ $60. Try one. :)

I have a hard time chosing between those two, it depends on the day, some days it is 2050 others it is Pro80..

The complete package ?
Pro80 no doubt, it looks and feels nicer, the only downside is the coiled cable..

I understand your problem, let me help you with that, Give me your Hi 2050 then you will no longer have a hard time choosing between the two. You should do it NOW! :D

The difference in DT770 and DT880 is not just the cups..
I know 880/990/770 share drivers, but there is some electronics attached to those drivers, which is doing things to the sound..

I also think that comparing them to the beyers is done solely because they look a bit like them..

Making an open phone is much much easier than making a closed one, you have much less that can go wrong in an open phone, smack in some good drivers and it will sound good, a closed phone is a completely different beast, because like the angel stated, you have sound bounching back and forth between the walls of the cup..

The thing with the restricted drivers, comming from working in a small room, I am not so sure about that, many drivers have a "blowhole" so that the pressure is not building up or goes down inside the cups..

Last I do not find open phones superior to closed ones, the closed ones can deliver a magic, which is impossible for an open phone to do, at least to my ears, also I like the added details you get fom a closed phone, they come forth because of the isolation..

Now i understand EVERYTHING! What else is actually attached to those drivers? resistors or something we could add ourselves? have you performed any mods on your Pro 80's yet? If you have any mods about these speakers or anything on that Danish forum then link it to me, I have ordered new able of redco, any connectors needed or can I use my regular gold plated connectors?.

Anyway, thanks for your help and that was a Great Explanation Claus, please note to remind me not to kill you

:beerchug:

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #557 of 4,697
I seen quite a few breakdowns of Beyers headphones and I have never seen any added electronic circuity. You may be thinking about Ultrasone which does have quite a bit of electronic gimmickry added to the headphones.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #558 of 4,697
Quote:
I seen quite a few breakdowns of Beyers headphones and I have never seen any added electronic circuity. You may be thinking about Ultrasone which does have quite a bit of electronic gimmickry added to the headphones.

what sort of stuff are you meaning, far as I know it's just a driver mounted off-center

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #560 of 4,697
While perusing the takstar lineup, I noticed these odd things:

http://www.takstar.com/eng/view.asp?id=438

57mm drivers
rolleyes.gif
Also available with a mic (TS-511M).

The headset version actually makes me intrigued as I happen to need a new one for work.. but who knows if they are more comfortable than my current head-crushing DT-290.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #561 of 4,697
I received the Gemini DJ HSR-1000 headphones..(takstar pro 80)

The headband does not extend enough imo..its at the max and isnt extended enough for me, it fits tight..

The sound on them I only have ath m30 and beats studios to compare to.( i paid only 75 for the beats when they were on sale before anyone goes crazy, to resell).

I have a xonar card with front panel amp up to 64ohms..

These do not compare in bass to beats studios, beats studios are insane on the bass but are not flat at all (very high highs and high lows, weak meds)..

These are pretty flat, good sound quality but the fit is annoying me, and the cable is corded..

so you have a tight fit + pressure from the stretching cord

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #562 of 4,697
There's an old thread somewhere showing at least the DT880 and DT990 disassembled and bare drivers, Also I used to own the DT880 pro 250ohm. The only difference is extra damping on the DT880 to attenuate the bass to be more neutral and a thin felt covering the driver on the ear side to attenuate the treble for the same reason. I removed the bass damping on mine for a touch more bass impact. Although when I tried to remove the felt covering the driver, the high frequency peak was piercing (even compared to my Grado SR-80).

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #563 of 4,697
Hey You Guys, You GUYS! Guess What I found!!

I was looking around and I found Stagg! a Stagg is another brand that has a lot of Takstar Headphones and re badges and sells them in a more attractive package.. I even found my Old Takstar TS 819, Its called the Stagg BHP 3500. Its being sold as Studio Grade Headphones and the price is around €25 euro ...so about $35? :D

See they look just like the TS 819 with a silver color.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #564 of 4,697
can someone tell me if the hi 2050 is a coiled cable.  from what i can tell, only the pro 80 is, but looking at some of the descriptions on the chinese websites, it's saying it's coiled: 

"Cord:2.2m-long single coiled cable, +1.8m extension cable"

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #565 of 4,697
Mine has no coiled cable, it looks like this :

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #567 of 4,697
zest  - i noticed you have an hd580. how do the 2050s compare to the hd580s? i'm looking to get some quality open cans - wondering if i should get something good value on the low end or spring for something like the hd600 or he400. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #568 of 4,697
The 2050's continue to impress me, these things sound ridiculously good for the price. Still blown away. I'm at about 100 hours burn in now and while they were never harsh to me the highs have definately smoothed out some. I've used my friends dt990 and those are also very good but I found them almost piercing sometimes, and I don't have that problem with the 2050's. I also don't notice a substantial loss in quality vs his beyer's. I am going to bring these over in the next week or so and do some comparison listening. Obviously the signatures are different but I still can't believe for ~55 bucks how good these things sound. I'm trying really hard to find fault in the sound quality.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #569 of 4,697
Quote:
zest  - i noticed you have an hd580. how do the 2050s compare to the hd580s? i'm looking to get some quality open cans - wondering if i should get something good value on the low end or spring for something like the hd600 or he400. 

HD580 has better bass, is more airy and a bit more detailed, it's also more laid back, 2050 have better highs and is more punchy. I guess low end is at least good for knowing what kind of signature you like, once you know, you can jump to higher tier.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #570 of 4,697
So the Takstars are supposed to be even better value for money than the superluxes? Any of their headphones that would be a good compliment to my current superluxes (660s and 668s)? Something more bassheavy maybe? (Really don't need a new headphone at the moment, but if they're that cheap and yet good... :wink:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back