The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #451 of 4,701
Quote:
does anyone know the gemini djx-05? http://www.amazon.de/Gemini-DJX-05-DJ-Kopfhörer-HiFi-Ohrhörer/dp/B000FVY18Q/ref=sr_1_70?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1357921193&sr=1-70

I have some experience. Never owned, but my friend did for some time. The bass was a bit too heavy and muddy, and bled into the lower midrange pretty bad, but the upper mids and highs were actually pretty good. I found they went well with jazz and some rock. Didn't like them too much for classical. The construction wasn't anything to write home about, but it was ok for the price (around $40 at the time in the U.S.) and the clamping force was about the same as the Sony V700, so not too bad. All in all, my friend switched to the Shure 440, and never looked back, ended up selling the Gemini to someone for cheap. It's a decent headphone, but not wonderful or anything. 

Just being honest here. Hope this helped! -BiggBenn

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #454 of 4,701
Quote:

It's a design philosophy where the best design is not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.

Also, 500th post! \/\/00+

Ahh the same as in art and arcitecture, I thought it was some sort of hip-hip LOL

OT the Nuforce has also gotten very nice reviews, but it is maybe a little bit to simple in design (not minimalistic,
tongue.gif
), the sound is quite good, very clean and has more than enough punch to drive the 2050..

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #456 of 4,701
Quote:
Ahh the same as in art and arcitecture, I thought it was some sort of hip-hip LOL

OT the Nuforce has also gotten very nice reviews, but it is maybe a little bit to simple in design (not minimalistic,
tongue.gif
), the sound is quite good, very clean and has more than enough punch to drive the 2050..

The idea of minimal(ism) being sort of hip-hip is...sick. Such an impertinence, I almost feel offended
biggrin.gif
. I wouldn't need an amp for hip-hip, I've got a feeling, that Beats and iphone solves pretty much everything for "average" hoper(music, fashion, school, family all can be solved with the fancy "deep and strong" Niagara of bass). I'll probably go for T1, but just after my exams, need something to motivate myself. Any hiss issues noticed? Thanks.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #459 of 4,701
Quote:
How are the mids on the 2050 and the Pro 80? Would it be considered to be somewhat forward or more recessed? I am leaning towards the Pro 80s.

I own both and I do like the sound of the Pro 80s a little better.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #461 of 4,701
Quote:
Thanks for the response! In which aspect do you the Pro 80s more?

I would say in general a little better over all sound quality, for the Pro 80.
The only two differences I know of between the Hi2050 & Pro 80 is.
The Pro 80s are closed, so outside noise is more blocked
and the Pro 80s use leather ear pads (the Hi2050 Velour).

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #462 of 4,701
Quote:
What kind of music do you listen to? To be honest I don't like the idea of usb-powered amp very much(one of the reasons why did not grab E10 yet). But like I've said before, it is not based on my listening experience, only prejudice:)

I listen to a lot of different music (examples of music I listen to a lot: Robyn, Metallica, Eva Cassidy, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, Dire Straits, this should give you an idea).

I've used the udac2 with all of my cans and the only one not working well is the Fischer Audio FA-011 (it didn't start singing until I got the Magni).

I wouldn't pick an amp after my music preference, but that just me. Match between amp and cans in addition to the amp putting out enough power should be more important.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #463 of 4,701
Quote:

I listen to a lot of different music (examples of music I listen to a lot: Robyn, Metallica, Eva Cassidy, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, Dire Straits, this should give you an idea).

I've used the udac2 with all of my cans and the only one not working well is the Fischer Audio FA-011 (it didn't start singing until I got the Magni).

I wouldn't pick an amp after my music preference, but that just me. Match between amp and cans in addition to the amp putting out enough power should be more important.

smile.gif
. I also listen to wide range of music (starting with extremes like black, death... metal-but prefer this kind of music on live, alternative scene of late 60s 70s, 80s... Bowie, Joy division, Nick Cave,  Leonard Cohen's music, Bjork, Charlotte Gainsbourg(also some of her fathers), Lisa Gerrard, love the stuff that Badalamenti made for Lynch's films, sometimes even Manson, Czech alternative bands and so on). But the music that needs to be played "perfectly" for me, is classical, and minimal especially. Hope aune will be a good choice.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #465 of 4,701
Quote:

smile.gif
. I also listen to wide range of music (starting with extremes like black, death... metal-but prefer this kind of music on live, alternative scene of late 60s 70s, 80s... Bowie, Joy division, Nick Cave,  Leonard Cohen's music, Bjork, Charlotte Gainsbourg(also some of her fathers), Lisa Gerrard, love the stuff that Badalamenti made for Lynch's films, sometimes even Manson, Czech alternative bands and so on). But the music that needs to be played "perfectly" for me, is classical, and minimal especially. Hope aune will be a good choice.

T1 sound also depends on the tube signature, you maybe will need some tube rolling before finding one that fit your needs.

edit : I'm looking for some pleather pads for TS-671 and where I can order them. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back