The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #436 of 4,701
Quote:
Hi. I've got a question, I think especially for the Claus and his tons of experiences with budget amp-phones pairing. I'm thinking of getting(at last) some dac-amp for my hi-2050. Should I pick zero dac, ha info da1 or aune T1(very like this one...don't know why). Preferred style of music is minimalism(Glass, Nyman,  Mertens, ten Holt etc.). I can also try to wait for modi and magni(when they cross the ocean and came to old Europe)...but you know, I don't know, if I wanna wait. 

What is your budget for the amp/dac and what source(s) will it be plugged into?
Personally I would think the Fiio E10 ($53) is all you need to spend for the Hi2050.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #437 of 4,701
Thanks for reply. My budget is max $200, but ideally somewhere around $150 shipped. Source will be my laptop, so everything I need is USB input. I thought E10 is few grades lower than these what I've mentioned(and the 2050 "deserves" something better)...but you know I¨ve got no listening experiences with this kind of device.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #438 of 4,701
Quote:
Thanks for reply. My budget is max $200, but ideally somewhere around $150 shipped. Source will be my laptop, so everything I need is USB input. I thought E10 is few grades lower than these what I've mentioned(and the 2050 "deserves" something better)...but you know I¨ve got no listening experiences with this kind of device.

I would have said to just get the Fiio E10 for now, it's only $53.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #441 of 4,701
Quote:
Hi. I've got a question, I think especially for the Claus and his tons of experiences with budget amp-phones pairing. I'm thinking of getting(at last) some dac-amp for my hi-2050. Should I pick zero dac, ha info da1 or aune T1(very like this one...don't know why). Preferred style of music is minimalism(Glass, Nyman,  Mertens, ten Holt etc.). I can also try to wait for modi and magni(when they cross the ocean and came to old Europe)...but you know, I don't know, if I wanna wait. 

I would go for the T1 it is quite strong in presenting voices and acustic guitars (I am an old fart and have no idea what minimalism is sorry), the zero was amazing for the price when it came out, I do not know if the new models have kept up, but if they have not I would look past that one, the HA info looks so tempting ..

In that Pricerange Audinst HUD is also a nice little machine.

If I were to get my first desktop amp/DAC I would also look very close upon Audio GD´s Compass2, it is more expensive, but I was blown away by the first Compass and the MK2 looks by the specs of it, to be even better and can be tuned to suit or taste..

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #442 of 4,701
Quote:
Can you post the link? I can't find it for that price. Thanks.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=834095&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #443 of 4,701
Quote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=834095&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Since I don't live in US, the price plus shipping and tax is more than  $200:)
Quote:

I would go for the T1 it is quite strong in presenting voices and acustic guitars (I am an old fart and have no idea what minimalism is sorry), the zero was amazing for the price when it came out, I do not know if the new models have kept up, but if they have not I would look past that one, the HA info looks so tempting ..

In that Pricerange Audinst HUD is also a nice little machine.

If I were to get my first desktop amp/DAC I would also look very close upon Audio GD´s Compass2, it is more expensive, but I was blown away by the first Compass and the MK2 looks by the specs of it, to be even better and can be tuned to suit or taste..

Thanks. Compass2 is way to pricey. It was said that even ha-info u2 plus is better than HUD, but of course it's only subjective point of view of one person. I like T1 very much, but I'm not sure, if it will be a good pairing for my music. Minimalism(Minimal music is more accurate), is not a new style...its post-modernist reflection of a classical music...so of course vocals, but also strings and especially the Piano. I simply love piano sound(not only in "minimalistic way") so if T1 is good pairing for Chopin, Debussy, Schubert, Mussorgsky...it will be good for my taste in general. If not...than I've got to search for something else.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #444 of 4,701
What about Nuforce Udac2. It's cheap, usb powered (good travel compagnion), flexible (dac/amp/preamp/usb to coax converter) and good (at least to my ears).

Pairs well with my Pro80. I think it's better as a dac then as an amp but since it has a line out you could always add another amp later on.

If you add you're location to you're profile it's also easier to give more relevant suggestions (prices and availability for example will be more accurate).

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #445 of 4,701
Quote:
What about Nuforce Udac2. It's cheap, usb powered (good travel compagnion), flexible (dac/amp/preamp/usb to coax converter) and good (at least to my ears).

Pairs well with my Pro80. I think it's better as a dac then as an amp but since it has a line out you could always add another amp later on.

If you add you're location to you're profile it's also easier to give more relevant suggestions (prices and availability for example will be more accurate).

What kind of music do you listen to? To be honest I don't like the idea of usb-powered amp very much(one of the reasons why did not grab E10 yet). But like I've said before, it is not based on my listening experience, only prejudice:)

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #447 of 4,701
Quote:
The T1 excells in strings and voices so I think you would be happy with that one, we got a few impressions at hoved-fi as always in danish, but maybe they can help you..
http://hoved-fi.dk/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2442

You can also find reviews on it at rockgrotto.

Thanks, that is just what I wanted to hear(read). Seeing people comparing it with O2 and modi/magni combo(review on headphonia) is great, because both of them seems to be very good for the price tag. And Aune is even cheaper and looks smarter. Looks like a pretty decent solution for my audio "problem". 

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #448 of 4,701
I am an old fart and have no idea what minimalism is sorry

It's a design philosophy where the best design is not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.

Also, 500th post! \/\/00+

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #449 of 4,701
Quote:

It's a design philosophy where the best design is not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.

Also, 500th post! w00+

I like that definition. Love the purity of that music, it doesn't hide anything, but it is not simple plain, it alludes, connotates. Sorry for the english, I cannot do better. Also sorry for off topic.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #450 of 4,701
does anyone know the gemini djx-05? http://www.amazon.de/Gemini-DJX-05-DJ-Kopfhörer-HiFi-Ohrhörer/dp/B000FVY18Q/ref=sr_1_70?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1357921193&sr=1-70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back