The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #4,292 of 4,695
  @ 1clearhead
If you had the chance, please try the Samson SR950 and report back if it sounds similar to the ISK HD9999. Thanks!

Quote:
  maybe the drivers are identical. we would ove to hear it from clearhead1.

I thought I saw them at a nearby headphone shop near my job. I'll definitely try to check them out within this week, or next. I'll compare both.

i have experience with the takstar pro80. it is a  very nice headphone.
is there any sound difference between either of the takstar and Hyper x cloud?

With the quality of the housing, they are nearly as good as each other. But, with sound quality?.....that has to go to the Takstar Pro80's. Personally, if the Pro80's had a built in MIC for gaming purposes? I would definitely buy the Pro80's over the Hyper X Cloud any day of the week. With the Pr80's, clarity and extension on both ends is better and a lot more fun to listen to for this purpose.

.....That's how I heard it when I compared them several months ago. 
smile_phones.gif

May 30, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #4,293 of 4,695
 I'll definitely try to check them out within this week, or next. I'll compare both.

Glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to reading your review.
Quote:
 With the Pr80's, clarity and extension on both ends is better and a lot more fun to listen to for this purpose.

That maybe because the ear pads used on them are of different materials. I used to have a Pro80 but unfortunately broke it. Its ear pads are a lot tougher than the ones on Cloud. Cloud ear pads are very soft, very similar to Somic MH463's.
The Pro80 also didn't have 2 sponge pieces covering the drivers, just some thin cloth.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #4,295 of 4,695
Friends,

Some DAC hint to run Isk HD9999 ? I'm looking for cost x benefit.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/centrance-dacport-slim-amp-dac-combo

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #4,297 of 4,695
Just receive my isk mdh9000. Right side is definitely louder by a small margin. anything I can do to correct it?

Initial impression is... ok
Bass is tight and punchy. I like the male vocal on those.
Build is pretty good. Top heavy (from the inner metal headband).
The top of the band have the same kinda padding as the ear cup. metal along-side the plastic arm have indicator line.  
Ear cup padding is thick, soft and over-ear (for my ear at least), feel comfortable with my glass on.The plastic is alright, not flimsy but I think it can be better (don't have the sturdy feeling in hand). 
Never own a m50x but i think the cable locking mechanic is identical. 

come with 2 cable, 3.5mm adapter and case. 

edit: might need juice to drive this can, almost max volume on my Z1, close to my K7XX.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #4,298 of 4,695

Hey guys this is Christian from Urban Vinyl. I'm glad you guys are talking about us! We are using the housing but we adjusted the drivers for more clarity and to be less bass heavy. This doesn't mean we removed the bass it's just more well defined.  The wood really brings out the natural sound resonance. If you guys have any questions please contact us at help@urbanvinyl.org

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #4,299 of 4,695

Hey guys this is Christian from Urban Vinyl. I'm glad you guys are talking about us! We are using the housing but we adjusted the drivers for more clarity and to be less bass heavy. This doesn't mean we removed the bass it's just more well defined.  The wood really brings out the natural sound resonance. If you guys have any questions please contact us at help@urbanvinyl.org

Thanks!

Hi Christian!

I'm not going to send you an email because, I think many people would like more information so replying in this thread would be the best way to reach the people.

I would like some measuremenst UV vs Pro80. Frequency response and maybe a waterfall plot. I'm not that into measurements in general but it would be interesting to see how your tuned driver and wood cups affect the fr and decay of the frequencies. Wood housing should at least in theory have very different reverb/decay properties compared to a well dampened plastic housing.

Are the pads the same ones used in the original pro80?

Also, some pictures from inside of the cups would be nice :)

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #4,300 of 4,695
  Just receive my isk mdh9000. Right side is definitely louder by a small margin. anything I can do to correct it?

Initial impression is... ok
Bass is tight and punchy. I like the male vocal on those.
Build is pretty good. Top heavy (from the inner metal headband).
The top of the band have the same kinda padding as the ear cup. metal along-side the plastic arm have indicator line.  
Ear cup padding is thick, soft and over-ear (for my ear at least), feel comfortable with my glass on.The plastic is alright, not flimsy but I think it can be better (don't have the sturdy feeling in hand). 
Never own a m50x but i think the cable locking mechanic is identical. 

come with 2 cable, 3.5mm adapter and case. 

edit: might need juice to drive this can, almost max volume on my Z1, close to my K7XX.

If you know how to take off both cushioned pads and unscrew the outer plates and check for any lack of padding/sponge around the speakers, or lack-of padding, or even any wires touching each other that causes any "imbalance" this could be for a quick fix. Or, best case scenario is to write to the seller for an exchange and let him/her know the problem quickly.

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #4,301 of 4,695
I just check it, nothing is wrong with the wiring. What's curious is the side that's louder is right side or the not cable-in side (different patch of speakers?)
I got it from aliexpress, doubt I can do anything from telling them one side is louder than the other without any method of proving it. but i guess i will give it a go.

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,302 of 4,695
  I just check it, nothing is wrong with the wiring. What's curious is the side that's louder is right side or the not cable-in side (different patch of speakers?)
I got it from aliexpress, doubt I can do anything from telling them one side is louder than the other without any method of proving it. but i guess i will give it a go.

This has happened to me before, so what I do is add extra padding (or other proprer fill-in) to ease the bass and make it "balance-out" with the other side (the left side with the cable).

.....hope this helps.

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #4,303 of 4,695
  @ [u][color=rgb(0, 0, 128)]1clearhead[/color][/u]
If you had the chance, please try the Samson SR950 and report back if it sounds similar to the ISK HD9999. Thanks!

Quote:
  maybe the drivers are identical. we would ove to hear it from clearhead1.

Unfortunately, after searching many headphone shops to audition the Samson SR905, I won't be comparing both anytime, soon. But, what I can say is that they do carry different specs; SR950 10hz-25khz "VS" HD9999 8hz-30khz. And, even though the dispersion plastic plates for the speakers look the same does not mean they carry the same drivers inside.

.....Anyone that might of purchased the ISK HD9999 like me, might of noticed the awesome package deal that comes along with them, including a 3-PIN detachable cables!

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #4,304 of 4,695
Received my iSK HP-2011 today. Plugged them in to give some OOTB impressions, but unfortunately (for them) I also received my Zuperdac and Little Dot I+ today, and of course had to try my Soundmagic HP150 with my new toys first. That wasn't really fair to the iSK, but I'll give them another chance some other day.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #4,305 of 4,695
  Received my iSK HP-2011 today. Plugged them in to give some OOTB impressions, but unfortunately (for them) I also received my Zuperdac and Little Dot I+ today, and of course had to try my Soundmagic HP150 with my new toys first. That wasn't really fair to the iSK, but I'll give them another chance some other day.

Good call with the Zuperdac and Little Dot I+! Enjoy! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back