The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 25, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #4,276 of 4,701
That last sentence is kind of a bold statement. First of all, for serious recording purposes that definitely and easily goes to the HP2011's, or the HD9999 for that matter, since it's more neutral and transparently clear for studio recording purposes. While the Pro 80's are a lot of fun and sports professionalism, it has its' limits for recording professionally. But, since I own Takstar Pro 80, Takstar HI2050, ISK MHD9000, ISK HD9999, and ISK HF2010's; the MDH9000 or the HD9999 can easily dethrone the Pro 80's just on resolution and soundstage alone.

.....so, surely I assume on that last sentence you're trying to specify that "Isk's are good but not quite there imo", -you might want to rephrase that. :rolleyes:

I don't get the problem with this. He clearly prefer the Takstar over the ISK, how can you object to that? You prefer it the other way around and that's perfectly fine, I haven't seen anyone saying you should beg forgiveness for doing so so why should he......

Edit : the more I think of it the more it p****s me off that you trying to tell someone else what they should think. I think I'd better go count to ten before I post anymore.

May 25, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,277 of 4,701
the isk2011 is not there with the pro80.
my brother got his Isk2011 yesterday in mail. it is just not there. he was telling me since takstar not there in USA anymore so why dont you go for for the Somic mh463 beacuse accoding to him it sounds superior in each way.

May 26, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #4,278 of 4,701
Even low end headphones these days are so good, that in the end it becomes a matter of personal preferences and expectations. Some prefer ISK, some superlux and some like somic. I like pro80 better than superlux hd681, somic mh463 and many more highly regarded affordable headphones. For me it is not a matter which headphone is the best, it is more of a case which is less flawed... If that makes any sense.

Hd681 is shrill headphone but it has a punchy bass and vast soundstage. Even if i wasn't for the razor like highs, to my ears mids lacks some lushness making it too dry for my taste. Some might feel it is clarity, I'd call it thin.

Somic Mhh463 is about the same taking the bass punch even a step beyond. Highs are not bothersome and midrange is better. Imaging however is way off...soundstage doesn't have enough debth compared to the width making it quite a mess. Overall the whole sound is kind of...well, off. It is exiting for sure but it is out of control. I't is hard to describe but I'd like to see some proper measurements. I'm quite sure there would  be some decay/attack issues.

Pro80 don't have the fun bass of the headphones above. Nor the soundstage...obvious closed vs open case. But those have impressive clarity/transparency, decent amount of bass/quality of bass, peaky highs but not like on hd681. Ok imaging, better than on superlux and somic imo...appropriate weight on mids. Nothing that shouths "OMG THESE ARE AWESOME!"#"!". Just not obviously flawed.

Pro80's are favorite affordable headphones for many people who have experience with higher end headphones. Not because those are so spectacular on one or two areas but because in general they don't do anything (horribly) wrong.

Pro80's sound mature and finished. There is not a immediate need to fix some aspect that you have with superluxes, somic and allmost all other affordable headphones. One other headphones that fits the criteria is pioneer se-a1000. People in the US should give it a shot, it is very, very good. Outside US it is unfortunately quite expensive.

May 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #4,279 of 4,701
I don't get the problem with this. He clearly prefer the Takstar over the ISK, how can you object to that? You prefer it the other way around and that's perfectly fine, I haven't seen anyone saying you should beg forgiveness for doing so so why should he......

Edit : the more I think of it the more it p****s me off that you trying to tell someone else what they should think. I think I'd better go count to ten before I post anymore.

@peter123,

You clearly misunderstood me.....his last sentence was "Isk's are good but not quite there imo". Which means, he is saying it in a plural form that all Isk's are good but not quite there imo, and plural means "more than one". He claims he bought the HP2011, but doesn't seem to own the others. So, I'm glad he bought the Takstar and he was satisfied, but to say that all ISK's fall short or "not quite there" is not stating any facts and those are one of the rules here at head-fi. You have to had owned all the ISK's when you're referring to all of them.

So, clearly you misinterpreted, or misread and did not get the point I was referring to.

May 28, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #4,281 of 4,701
Actually, from a grammatical perspective, you're both wrong :)

I'll just leave it at that. Wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea about me...

c17.jpg

May 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,283 of 4,701
hi guys , I'm new here. I wonder if ISK HD 9999 is good for metal, rock , progressive, indie , jazz and industrial ??? If not , what would be the best Chinese option.

They definitely are good for those categories and it's their "flagship model" and were actually made for the purpose of industrial or professional studio use.

Hope this helps......
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #4,287 of 4,701
i had the sr950 till last monday.
bought it from adorama for $40. it had really sharp highs that i had to bring the highs unpto the lowest level.
very tight clamping.
but shomehow it carried nice tight bass with good punch to it but i am going too consider my harx700 over it since it carries very good sound to it which is somehow balanced.
i compared HTF600 , RX700, SR9650 side by side.
rx700 has htf600 sound but htf600 has good soundstage to it. i also prefer htf600 over sr950 for its sound. the htf600 construction is not very good.
you may sacrifice the htf600 and buy rx700 which has solid construction to it.

May 30, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4,289 of 4,701
  i had the sr950 till last monday.
bought it from adorama for $40. it had really sharp highs that i had to bring the highs unpto the lowest level.
very tight clamping.
but shomehow it carried nice tight bass with good punch to it but i am going too consider my harx700 over it since it carries very good sound to it which is somehow balanced.
i compared HTF600 , RX700, SR9650 side by side.
rx700 has htf600 sound but htf600 has good soundstage to it. i also prefer htf600 over sr950 for its sound. the htf600 construction is not very good.
you may sacrifice the htf600 and buy rx700 which has solid construction to it.

Thanks. I also have it and my experience is not far from you. To my ears the SR950 has a quite analytic sound signature, with quite cold mid and, as you say, sharp highs, in the vein of Grado. The bass, at first I thought there was too little, however when I try putting my hands on the ear cups (which are very thin and fragile-like plastic), not pressing them against my ears though, the sub bass comes out very nicely and fills out the space. This leads me to believe that the drivers of the Samson are very powerful, but on the other hand the ear cups material don't empower them to their full potential. In my current arsenal, I rank the Samson just under the Beyerdynamic DT880, and above (from high to low preference): Takstar HI2050, Kingston HyperX Cloud, Somic MH463, Sony XB950AP.
The reason I ask 1clearhead to audit the Samson was that I somehow doubt the ISK and Samson share the same drivers. Their specs, from what I read, match, and the Samson are in fact manufactured in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back