The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 7, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #4,261 of 4,695
Had a listen recently. Compared Takstar HI-2050, Superlux HD-681 (treble reduction mod) sounded better: clarity, soundstage rocked in HD681
cool.gif

May 14, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,262 of 4,695
  Had a listen recently. Compared Takstar HI-2050, Superlux HD-681 (treble reduction mod) sounded better: clarity, soundstage rocked in HD681
cool.gif

Can you point me to the treble reduction mod? I have the HD668B and im buying right now the Takstar exactly because of the treble peak

May 15, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #4,263 of 4,695
Yeah,

Dont buy takstar coz its inferior. you will be wasting your money.

You will need to remove the foam inside the earcups, that is the main culprit responsible.

Our aim is to make this headphone as open as possible to allow air in thus sounding more natural.

Open the ear cups. remove the foam that is around the driver. Remove black colored paper filter. Make holes in white colored paper filter.

Now you will see you have much open sound-stage, reduced treble but also leaner bass. Overall a much welcomed change!

May 15, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #4,264 of 4,695
  Yeah,

You will need to remove the foam inside the earcups, that is the main culprit responsible.

Our aim is to make this headphone as open as possible to allow air in thus sounding more natural.

Open the ear cups. remove the foam that is around the driver. Remove black colored paper filter. Make holes in white colored paper filter.

Now you will see you have much open sound-stage, reduced treble but also leaner bass. Overall a much welcomed change!

+1 .....Spot-on!!!

May 15, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4,265 of 4,695
I'm really intrigued by these ISK ones, but I'm trying to not pull the trigger, since I've already got the Soundmagic HP150, and as good as these phones might be, I have a hard time believing that they'll beat the HP150. 

However, I might do the mod with the extra port in the outer shell, just for fun. As someone said - if it doesn't give the desired result, it's easy to just close again :)

I'm probably giving the Pro80 to my girlfriend anyway, since she likes them and I've upgraded to the HP150. She needs some kind of mic though, so I'm thinking about buying a "cell phone headset" style cable with mic and either replacing the stock cable with that, or do a replacable cable mod with a female 3.5mm connector.. I have no idea if that'd work well, but it might be worth a try.. :)

I guess the soundmagic would still be better than all of these. May as well pass. Btw I do have the hi2050 and like em a lot.

May 20, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,266 of 4,695
  Yeah,

I just received the Takstar HP2011, and yeah I find it inferior to my HD668B.

Time to mod the superlux. I will also probably buy the Zorloo Zuperdac to drive it, since I find the Sabre sound smoother than the Fiio sound (and the Superlux has quite strong trebles)

May 21, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #4,268 of 4,695

I just received the Takstar HP2011, and yeah I find it inferior to my HD668B.

Time to mod the superlux. I will also probably buy the Zorloo Zuperdac to drive it, since I find the Sabre sound smoother than the Fiio sound (and the Superlux has quite strong trebles)

I didn't know their was such headphone called the Takstar HP2011 
blink.gif

But, I can tell you that I own both the ISK HP2011 and the HD668B and I'm interested to know the bold statement you claimed and how you determined your findings with so little details.

May 21, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #4,269 of 4,695
i used to own gemini hrs1000 annd it was such a balanced HP. i just recieved samson sr950 few days back and although samson calimed it was one off the least treble headphone they made but to me i became deaf rite away i listened the sr950 because of its harsh trebles. i think the isk2011 will be better if they are takstar rebranded.

May 22, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #4,270 of 4,695
  i used to own gemini hrs1000 annd it was such a balanced HP. i just recieved samson sr950 few days back and although samson calimed it was one off the least treble headphone they made but to me i became deaf rite away i listened the sr950 because of its harsh trebles. i think the isk2011 will be better if they are takstar rebranded.

ISK HP2011 are "incredibly clear" sounding headphones and great for their asking price and are my current favorite. ISK and Takstar are actually working together, though they carry separate names. These are "two Chinese brothers" working together to bring you the Takstar brand and the ISK brand out of Shenzhen, China. A lot of their headphone parts are interchangeable with each other. To conclude, Takstar is pretty popular with foreigners throughout the globe, while ISK is really popular in China and throughout Asia.

May 24, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #4,272 of 4,695
Hi just got isk hp2011 that I compared against my Pro 80. Just remind you this are some first quick impressions.

Hp2011 is brighter while Pro 80 is warmer and fuller and more efficient (in my rockboxed X3 I'd say the difference would be in between 2-3 clicks).
Sub bass extension goes to Pro 80 but the one in the isk is quicker, midbass is more present in the Pro's too but midbass does not  get into the mids in neither of them.
Mids on the isk hp2011 are a bit laid back compared to the Pros.
Hp2011 is airier and soundstage is similar maybe a tad bigger in the Hp's.
Clarity and resolution goes to the Pro's.
Build quality goes to the Pro's too.
In all the Pro's justify the price difference I feel lucky now because I bought them before discontinuing them, now prices are getting too much to handle I regret not purchansing 2 now....
Isk's are good but not quite there imo.

May 25, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #4,273 of 4,695
  Hi just got isk hp2011 that I compared against my Pro 80. Just remind you this are some first quick impressions.

Hp2011 is brighter while Pro 80 is warmer and fuller and more efficient (in my rockboxed X3 I'd say the difference would be in between 2-3 clicks).
Sub bass extension goes to Pro 80 but the one in the isk is quicker, midbass is more present in the Pro's too but midbass does not  get into the mids in neither of them.
Mids on the isk hp2011 are a bit laid back compared to the Pros.
Hp2011 is airier and soundstage is similar maybe a tad bigger in the Hp's.
Clarity and resolution goes to the Pro's.
Build quality goes to the Pro's too.
In all the Pro's justify the price difference I feel lucky now because I bought them before discontinuing them, now prices are getting too much to handle I regret not purchansing 2 now....
Isk's are good but not quite there imo.

That last sentence is kind of a bold statement. First of all, for serious recording purposes that definitely and easily goes to the HP2011's, or the HD9999 for that matter, since it's more neutral and transparently clear for studio recording purposes. While the Pro 80's are a lot of fun and sports professionalism, it has its' limits for recording professionally. But, since I own Takstar Pro 80, Takstar HI2050, ISK MHD9000, ISK HD9999, and ISK HF2010's; the MDH9000 or the HD9999 can easily dethrone the Pro 80's just on resolution and soundstage alone.

.....so, surely I assume on that last sentence you're trying to specify that "Isk's are good but not quite there imo", -you might want to rephrase that. 
rolleyes.gif

May 25, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #4,274 of 4,695
Clearhead I rate you highly and i bought the Isk's because of the ravid review you gave, as I said this is my personal take on both thats why there is an imo ad the end of the sentence and no I just stand on what I wrote as always YMMV. 

May 25, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #4,275 of 4,695
My resilience broke, so I've ordered the isk hp2011. I'll let you know what I think when I get them. Unfortunately won't be able to do a direct a/b with the pro80, since I'm leaving those here in Brazil with my girlfriend..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back