The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #3,376 of 4,701
  I've had my HI 2050s now for a month and really love them. At the moment my iem collection is growing faster than my headphone one, but I'm trying to remedy that. I'm looking into getting the Pro 80s, but I wanted to ask if there's a difference with regards of materials between the HSR1000s and the Pro 80s. I've seen some comments floating around that the "2014" or "newer" straight cord version of the Pro 80s used different materials for the headband and ear pads and the headband was bigger (longer) than the HI 2050s. I'm not sure if in the end if the materials would matter, but the headband would, as I keep my 2050s all the way stretched on the headband and my earlobes poke from the bottom (big head and big ears - oh the struggle). 

Here's a quick pic of how I use my awesome Takstars:

http://i.imgur.com/VvUqRpJl.jpg

I think we should all post out Takstar rigs!!! C'mon guys join in! 
beyersmile.png

May 29, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #3,377 of 4,701

I think we should all post out Takstar rigs!!! C'mon guys join in! 
beyersmile.png

Nice pic. Sadly I sold mine since I wasn't giving it enough time. I have a DT990 Premium and an AKG7XXX both via massdrop so that should ease the pain

May 30, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #3,384 of 4,701
  How do the pro 80 sound with low power devices like the clip+ or phones?

It sounds OK, but they do open up with something that has around 200mW and above.

May 31, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #3,389 of 4,701
Argh I'm really torn between keeping either my A900x or Pro 80, and I was thinking it through, and is the Pro 80 technically better than the m50? Because if they were then it would make sense as to how both these headphones are sidegrades in my head, even though one costs $45 and the other $150... There was a review comparing the m50 and Pro 80, and said the Pro 80 was more accurate and the m50 was more "fun," but I'm someone who believes in EQ and the Pro 80's mid-bass responds well with EQ. 

The A900x is the opposite, however, its mids and treble have the least distortion and respond the best to EQ, while its bass is comparatively murky and hollow no matter what. However, on these forums and others the DT770 is considered a side-grade to the A900x, wheras they are a straight upgrade to the Pro 80, making me sway to the A900x. Because to my own ears, I simply don't know, they are both enjoyable and very different headphones, with the Pro 80 imo having the best and most accurate sound, with no EQ as well, but it is outright claustrophobic as compared to the A900x.

May 31, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #3,390 of 4,701
  Argh I'm really torn between keeping either my A900x or Pro 80, and I was thinking it through, and is the Pro 80 technically better than the m50? Because if they were then it would make sense as to how both these headphones are sidegrades in my head, even though one costs $45 and the other $150... There was a review comparing the m50 and Pro 80, and said the Pro 80 was more accurate and the m50 was more "fun," but I'm someone who believes in EQ and the Pro 80's mid-bass responds well with EQ. 

The A900x is the opposite, however, its mids and treble have the least distortion and respond the best to EQ, while its bass is comparatively murky and hollow no matter what. However, on these forums and others the DT770 is considered a side-grade to the A900x, wheras they are a straight upgrade to the Pro 80, making me sway to the A900x. Because to my own ears, I simply don't know, they are both enjoyable and very different headphones, with the Pro 80 imo having the best and most accurate sound, with no EQ as well, but it is outright claustrophobic as compared to the A900x.

You should read about the SoundMagic HP150!

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back