The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 28, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #3,362 of 4,701
  you use a modi and magni with the takstars?..i got a modi but don't have the funds to get a magni,does it have a huge sound quality improvement with the magni amp?

Yep, it's the original stack of Schiit =)

I was using a ELE EL-D02 with them when I first got them and then got a good deal on the stack, basically the bottom line is yes the sound (at least to me) improved. I felt a nicer richer sound coming from them, but for me the investment on the stack was for future purchases. 

May 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #3,363 of 4,701

Yep, it's the original stack of Schiit =)

I was using a ELE EL-D02 with them when I first got them and then got a good deal on the stack, basically the bottom line is yes the sound (at least to me) improved. I felt a nicer richer sound coming from them, but for me the investment on the stack was for future purchases.

Hi and sorry to go a little OT.  I read mixed reviews on Magni.   Is it ok ? noisy ? bright ? fatiguing ?
i have a good opportunity to buy one ... so i would be grateful if you could tell me a little more about your experience with it
Thanks a lot,  gino 

May 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #3,364 of 4,701
Gosh, I just received my HM5 pads less than a week ago! If only I knew the angled pads were coming out!

May 28, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #3,365 of 4,701

Hi and sorry to go a little OT.  I read mixed reviews on Magni.   Is it ok ? noisy ? bright ? fatiguing ?
i have a good opportunity to buy one ... so i would be grateful if you could tell me a little more about your experience with it
Thanks a lot,  gino 

Not fatiguing at all, I find it to add a bit of warmth to the sound of the 2050s. It's a nice clean sound and I think it goes well with the headphones, I don't go past 11 o'clock on the dial - they get really loud at that point.

At my work I will be getting an Audioengine D1 and then I should have a better understanding of how different amp/dacs work, as for right now I only have experienced the sound from my Mac, the ELE EL-D02, and my stack.

May 28, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #3,366 of 4,701
Originally Posted by cheeto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not fatiguing at all, I find it to add a bit of warmth to the sound of the 2050s.
It's a nice clean sound and I think it goes well with the headphones, I don't go past 11 o'clock on the dial - they get really loud at that point.
At my work I will be getting an Audioengine D1 and then I should have a better understanding of how different amp/dacs work, as for right now I only have experienced the sound from my Mac, the ELE EL-D02, and my stack.

Hi and thanks for the kind and useful advice.
I will go to the dedicated thread on the Magni because i see that a new version is out.   I have to understand if any improvement is marginal or what. 
Thanks a lot again,  gino

May 28, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #3,367 of 4,701
I was blown away by what takstars are capable of when i connected it to marantz amplifier,still can't understand why they are selling the headphone for 30$ though,it's better than my 100$ m40x,i will buy magni or the higher end amps in the future,but i don't think takstars need that much power to drive them,going to wait till i get the fidelio X2

May 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #3,369 of 4,701
  I was blown away by what takstars are capable of when i connected it to marantz amplifier,still can't understand why they are selling the headphone for 30$ though,it's better than my 100$ m40x

Hi krishtrinity1, what model Takstar do you have and is it modded?

I'd be grateful if you can say how the Takstar is better than the M40x as I was going to try it at some point.

May 28, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #3,370 of 4,701
I haven't modded the takstars yet,i own the takstar hi 2050 and takstar is open and m40x is closed.The reason i think takstar is better is that it's so much comfortable than m40x,you can't use M40X longer than 2 hours if you have big ears like me,once you use a takstar it's hard to go back to audio technica.The soundstage is wider as well is in takstar,the main problem i had with M40X is the sibilance,don't know it's just me but i notice it every time i listen to it,takstars are overall great headphones for music,movies and games.For soundquality check out the reviews in head fi

May 28, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #3,371 of 4,701
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting an amp, I hear the pro 80's scale well with amps, I'm wondering how so? Who knows maybe it will sound better than my a900x, since they don't scale well with amps.

May 28, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #3,372 of 4,701
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting an amp, I hear the pro 80's scale well with amps, I'm wondering how so? Who knows maybe it will sound better than my a900x, since they don't scale well with amps.
If you're looking for a deal on an amp/amps PM me. I'm looking to downsize my amp inventory.

May 29, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #3,373 of 4,701
One question for whoever has the version of the Gemini HSR-1000 and the Pro80 (V2 or straight cable), which of the two has the longer headband? As in fully extended for a big head. 

I have the 2050s and my earlobes just peak outside from the pads and I read up on the difference of headband construction and length.

May 29, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #3,374 of 4,701
I've had my HI 2050s now for a month and really love them. At the moment my iem collection is growing faster than my headphone one, but I'm trying to remedy that. I'm looking into getting the Pro 80s, but I wanted to ask if there's a difference with regards of materials between the HSR1000s and the Pro 80s. I've seen some comments floating around that the "2014" or "newer" straight cord version of the Pro 80s used different materials for the headband and ear pads and the headband was bigger (longer) than the HI 2050s. I'm not sure if in the end if the materials would matter, but the headband would, as I keep my 2050s all the way stretched on the headband and my earlobes poke from the bottom (big head and big ears - oh the struggle). 

Here's a quick pic of how I use my awesome Takstars:

[COLOR=FF4400]http://i.imgur.com/VvUqRpJl.jpg[/COLOR]

I have the same problem and I can confirm, that for me at least, the pro80 actually fits and has a much better headband.

May 29, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #3,375 of 4,701
  One question for whoever has the version of the Gemini HSR-1000 and the Pro80 (V2 or straight cable), which of the two has the longer headband? As in fully extended for a big head. 

I have the 2050s and my earlobes just peak outside from the pads and I read up on the difference of headband construction and length.the gemin

the gemini hsr-1000's are almost to small for me but i mean they fit just right but i've got them extended to the max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back