The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
May 26, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #3,346 of 4,701
  I got finally my Takstar 2050's. They were delivered in an envelope not in the box. Got the guarantee card cables and the manual. Only paid 36.49$
Shipment took one month. I'm very satisfied with them. The soundstage is awesome.

Played a few videos games(GTAV/Witcher 3/Call Of Duty Ghosts)
Great headphones for the money.

Yeah that's how I got them. Its cool how you can make sure everything is good by entering that code to check its authenticity, but when it sounded that good it didn't really matter to me.

May 27, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #3,348 of 4,701
May 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #3,349 of 4,701
  Just got an announcement from MP4NATION that angled and hybrid HM5 earpads were released.

Angled Pleather Pads
Angled Velour Pads
Hybrid Pads

I wonder how those will affect the sound signature of PRO 80 and HI 2050...

Interesting! If someone gets these, I'd love to hear what they think about them. I'm using their memory foam pleathers with my Pro80 at the moment, and I'm very happy with them, but who knows, one of these might be even better.. :)

May 27, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #3,352 of 4,701
guys Somic MH463 is making some news lately. People are saying they are way better than HI 2050 and the cost somewhere between $50-60. Has anyone heard about them??

That's just one guys opinion isn't it?

That being said I'm also curious about them and I'm seriously considering getting both the HI2050 and the MH463 but it'll take a while for me to receive them.....

May 27, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #3,354 of 4,701
I have a question about the HM5 earpads. Does anyone know if they are identical to NVX earpads? Because I tried the NVX angled pads on a pair of headphones before and I found them too squishy which caused a plunger/suction effect on my ears. Are the HM5 pads any firmer?

May 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #3,356 of 4,701
  I have a question about the HM5 earpads. Does anyone know if they are identical to NVX earpads? Because I tried the NVX angled pads on a pair of headphones before and I found them too squishy which caused a plunger/suction effect on my ears. Are the HM5 pads any firmer?

Would it have an effect on the sound? Or was it just something you found unpleasant?

May 27, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #3,358 of 4,701

I remember someone saying the pressure could be bad for the drivers. As far as the sound goes, all pads seem to change the sound somewhat so I can't be sure how much of it was due to the squishieness.

Yeah I guess I agree with you there, I do kind of feel like the HM5 pads change the sound on my Hi2050's a bit. It's just interesting since basically the NVX are supposed to be the same headphone, and how the pads might actually make a big difference or not. I can see how too soft can cause a problem though.

May 28, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #3,359 of 4,701
I've had my HI 2050s now for a month and really love them. At the moment my iem collection is growing faster than my headphone one, but I'm trying to remedy that. I'm looking into getting the Pro 80s, but I wanted to ask if there's a difference with regards of materials between the HSR1000s and the Pro 80s. I've seen some comments floating around that the "2014" or "newer" straight cord version of the Pro 80s used different materials for the headband and ear pads and the headband was bigger (longer) than the HI 2050s. I'm not sure if in the end if the materials would matter, but the headband would, as I keep my 2050s all the way stretched on the headband and my earlobes poke from the bottom (big head and big ears - oh the struggle). 

Here's a quick pic of how I use my awesome Takstars:

http://i.imgur.com/VvUqRpJl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back