The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,567 of 4,701
I just got a Pro 80 in the mail today and is waiting for its Audio technica W1000x drivers, a little paint, and a detachable cable.

Patiently waiting updates! 
popcorn.gif

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,569 of 4,701
I am very interested in a removable cable mod, or something awesome like this: http://www.mcfrede.dk/projects/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods/takstar_pro_80_headphone_mods_01.shtml

Does anyone feel that the clamping force is too strong (2050)? The headphones become uncomfortable within 10 minutes. The clamping force changes with adjustments...

Dec 7, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #2,571 of 4,701
Does anyone on here have the takstar ts 662? Anyone have impressions on them?

Yes, unfortunately I've got them. They suck :wink:

I never thought a pair of open headphones could sound hollow but these do. They have a really cheap sound with the worse soundstage I've ever come across in a open headphone. I really love the design though and they're very comfortable so I'm planning to move some other drivers in them........

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #2,572 of 4,701
Does anyone on here have the takstar ts 662? Anyone have impressions on them?

I have them too and they sound exactly as Peter123 described them. Although they have a smaller version of the same driver that comes in the HI2050 and the Pro 80, their cups lack any acoustic treatment which makes them sound terrible. I managed to mod them successfully to the point of becoming one of my favorite headphones so if you don't have plans to mod them - stay away from them.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #2,573 of 4,701
I have them too and they sound exactly as Peter123 described them. Although they have a smaller version of the same driver that comes in the HI2050 and the Pro 80, their cups lack any acoustic treatment which makes them sound terrible. I managed to mod them successfully to the point of becoming one of my favorite headphones so if you don't have plans to mod them - stay away from them.

They do have good looks to them and are pretty well made. If you can get them at a bargain price, I don't see why not mod them.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,574 of 4,701
Someone recommended me the Takstar Pro80 Headphones for headphones around $100.  I looked them up on amazon.com, and i found 3 versions of the Takstar Pro80 being sold there.  Are they good?  how do they hold up against the Audio Technica m40x? Which Takstar Pro80 is the best?

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #2,579 of 4,701
Tuning the cups for the W1000x drivers now. I have the rings off waiting for some paint and had to seal some holes that are on the cups while the rings are off so I put tape over them temporarily. I made the cable detachable as well.

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #2,580 of 4,701
I took out the large white hard material (felt?) and replaced it with some J&M fiberglass. These sound great now! Very neutral response with a great sound stage. The mids are nice just like you would expect with an Audio Technica driver, and the highs are rolled off but still very clear. I'm glad I could tune the cups well enough for these drivers, I think the inner volume of them is a tad smaller than the W1000x cups. 

Here is what the insides of the cups look like now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back