The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,446 of 4,701
I am still waiting for answer to my question from last page, but essentially ... what is up with this takstar/qpad brand ? Are these legitimate brads which do good headphones or just chineese spoof companies ? It's first time I am hearing about those brands.

Do You guys in this therad, choose them only because of the price or just because they are great ? Which models from takstar should I look at ? Are they better than CAL! ? should I get pro80, 2050 or kingston hyperx cloud. So many questions. Going to read few pages back. I am kinda sick for having a well known brand and dont want to feel like owning chineese spoof. Guess I am an ideal consumer in this age.... man, marketing and branding is indeed owning this world

edit: Amd 2050 is twice as cheap as pro80v2. Why ? I don't like velour pads so maybe I could get 2050 and get hm5 pads ? Or jsut get pro80... or kingston which comes with memory foam pads. too. much. aweosme. choice

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,448 of 4,701
Less than cal ? I think reviewers said otherwise.
2050 have even less bass right ? Maybe kingston rebrand have more bass ?

edit: How large is the headband compared to cal ? on cal I had to extend it all the way to fit my head

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #2,449 of 4,701
Well after reading the first 40 or so pages and the last 5 I think I have a decent grasp of what is going on here.  But I do have a few questions, and maybe they have already been addressed in the pages I skipped.  Sorry, I knew I wasnt going to make it all the way through...lol.

I am interested in getting the Pro80 but I have a big head and have heard they run a bit small.  How do the 2050 compare for fit?  I will be using the HM5 pads and a balanced wire mod.  Besides the fit, I was wondering about the fact that these both use the same driver.  Can I get the 2050 and "close" it off and get similar results to the Pro80(provided I can get the correct internal volume)?  I thought about a custom spinning vent system to adjust the amount of open air/closed back, either on the fly or fixed, depending on real world functionality.  It would be nice to have that option when switching genres of music, or even different recordings.  I also like to switch between my open Grado SR80 for guitar practice "play along" as you can hear just about everything around in addition to the material; while I use the Beyers 770/80 when I need to "shut the world out".  One set to do both would be stellar.  I have decent fab skills so I'm not afraid of serious modding, but want to get some advice from those with real world experience with these headphones so I dont go into this blind.

Opinions?

Thanks for you time....

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #2,450 of 4,701
Well after reading the first 40 or so pages and the last 5 I think I have a decent grasp of what is going on here.  But I do have a few questions, and maybe they have already been addressed in the pages I skipped.  Sorry, I knew I wasnt going to make it all the way through...lol.

I am interested in getting the Pro80 but I have a big head and have heard they run a bit small.  How do the 2050 compare for fit?  I will be using the HM5 pads and a balanced wire mod.  Besides the fit, I was wondering about the fact that these both use the same driver.  Can I get the 2050 and "close" it off and get similar results to the Pro80(provided I can get the correct internal volume)?  I thought about a custom spinning vent system to adjust the amount of open air/closed back, either on the fly or fixed, depending on real world functionality.  It would be nice to have that option when switching genres of music, or even different recordings.  I also like to switch between my open Grado SR80 for guitar practice "play along" as you can hear just about everything around in addition to the material; while I use the Beyers 770/80 when I need to "shut the world out".  One set to do both would be stellar.  I have decent fab skills so I'm not afraid of serious modding, but want to get some advice from those with real world experience with these headphones so I dont go into this blind.

Opinions?

Thanks for you time....

HI2050 are exactly the same size as the PRO 80. So if you have fit problems with one, you'll have it with the other. You can always try to bend the headband.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #2,452 of 4,701
  How so? m50 have extended treble and have boosted bass?

The Pro80 aren't as bright and boosted in the treble as the M50s, the Pro80 is warmer than the M50 which to me sounded colder and more metallic. The bass is more present to my ears. The treble of the Pro80 sounds rolled off so its a really relaxing listen

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #2,453 of 4,701
  How so? m50 have extended treble and have boosted bass?

I also have the CAL2 and if the CAL1 is similar, it is very dark. Treble is definately rolled off also and mids are recessed quite a bit so also quite a relaxing listen. Its a V-shaped signature so I thinking you'll like the M50s more if you like the CAL. I don't think the M50 sounds better than the CAL2, its IMO not an upgrade.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #2,454 of 4,701
i have the CALS and the hyper cloud x, the cals can go bigger than the Hyper x,my head is big so i have the hyperx fully extended and fit ok,the CALS i dont have it fully extended and it fits good,hard to say which is better both are really good in my book,more bass in the CALS ,I swap them back and forth all depends what mood i am in,i think takstar make great headphones at a great price,i dont buy them just because they are cheap but they are good for the money also interestingly i saw these and might get them as i have no open headphones yet all closed,look exactly the same as the Takstar 2050 almost same spec same look.
                                         http://www.dawsons.co.uk/estudio-hi-fi-headphones-hf100

Takstar HI 2050 

• Frequency Response: 15Hz-25kHz 
• Sensitivity: 92dB±3dB 
• Driver Diameter: 53mm 
• Max.Input Power: 500mW                                                   eStudio HF100 
• Rated Power: 250mW 
• Impedance: 60ohm                                                          Driver: Ø 53mm
                                                                                      Impedance: 60 ohms
                                                                                      Sensitivity: 93 +-3dB
                                                                                      Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz
                                                                                      Max. Power: 600mW.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,455 of 4,701
Hi!

I want to know how the Takstar Pro 80 or the Takstar HI2050 handle those kind of music?

Melodic Death Metal with songs from band like Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Insomnium...

Psy Trance/Dubstep like songs from Infected Mushroom...

Which one sound best with those two kind of music?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,456 of 4,701
  Hi!

I want to know how the Takstar Pro 80 or the Takstar HI2050 handle those kind of music?

Melodic Death Metal with songs from band like Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Insomnium...

Psy Trance/Dubstep like songs from Infected Mushroom...

Which one sound best with those two kind of music?

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, you can probably find better headphones for those genres. Either way, between the two, the Pro80 is probably better due to the more proeminent bass. I don't listen to metal nor dubstep, but i'm assuming highs are not that important (which is the main advantage of the 2050 over the Pro80). What will you use to drive them?

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2,458 of 4,701

Honestly, you can probably find better headphones for those genres. Either way, between the two, the Pro80 is probably better due to the more proeminent bass. I don't listen to metal nor dubstep, but i'm assuming highs are not that important (which is the main advantage of the 2050 over the Pro80). What will you use to drive them?

I would say that both genres are actually very dynamic across the whole frequency spectrum, especially EDM....  they have the control at the their fingertips. 

I too agree that the "drive(r)" is a critical factor for a decent sound with either set, and though a sound card would work; a dedicated amp of some sort will make a world of difference in overall performance.

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #2,459 of 4,701
i have the CALS and the hyper cloud x, the cals can go bigger than the Hyper x,my head is big so i have the hyperx fully extended and fit ok,the CALS i dont have it fully extended and it fits good,hard to say which is better both are really good in my book,more bass in the CALS ,I swap them back and forth all depends what mood i am in,i think takstar make great headphones at a great price,i dont buy them just because they are cheap but they are good for the money also interestingly i saw these and might get them as i have no open headphones yet all closed,look exactly the same as the Takstar 2050 almost same spec same look.
                                         http://www.dawsons.co.uk/estudio-hi-fi-headphones-hf100

Takstar HI 2050 

[COLOR=333333]• Frequency Response: 15Hz-25kHz [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]• Sensitivity: 92dB±3dB [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]• Driver Diameter: 53mm [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]• Max.Input Power: 500mW                                                  [/COLOR] eStudio HF100 [COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]• Rated Power: 250mW [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]• Impedance: 60ohm[/COLOR]                                                          [COLOR=333333]Driver: Ø 53mm[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]                                                                                      Impedance: 60 ohms[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]                                                                                      Sensitivity: 93 +-3dB[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]                                                                                      Frequency Response: 15Hz - 28kHz[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]                                                                                      Max. Power: 600mW.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]                                                                                      [/COLOR]

that's not good. I have to fully extend cals. The they fit nicely on my head. A bit loose even. So if takstar is even shorter then it might not fit ?
isn't the v2 bigger ?

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #2,460 of 4,701
The Pro80 is quite short I have to fully extend it to use. The CAL2 is definately longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back