The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 31, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #2,476 of 4,701
  By example, how the Takstar Pro 80 handle this kind of track: http://beyondcreation.bandcamp.com/track/earthborn-evolution

Does it sound good or bad with the Pro 80? If it sound bad, does anyone have some other headphone suggestion under 100$ that can handle it?

If anyone who own the Pro 80 can try it, I will be more than happy.

I have it in FLAC if someone would listen it in this quality. I will give you a download link in Private Message...

Thx!

I think it sounds pretty good with the takstar pro 80 and HM5 pads.

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #2,477 of 4,701
Can someone who owns pro80 v1 and v2 can compare if headband on qpad or kingston rebrands is of length from v1 or v2 ?
if it's v1 length then I will have to order takstar v2. Otherwise i want to get kingston.

I doubt if one person have all those so can i please ask owners of each to count notches on full extent ?

There are 2 versions of the Pro 80???

Oct 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #2,478 of 4,701
^^^^
ver.1 with coiled cable, ver.2 with straight cable. you can go back to page 142, 1st post on the page is you asking the same question 
wink_face.gif

if you tell me what is the difference between the old and the new headband I could ask someone who own the HyperX, sadly I can't get them from him to compare myself.

Oct 31, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #2,479 of 4,701
Hmmm ok then.
Sorry for repeating myself :p

If I would get pro80 it would surely be v2. I just wonder if 2050 and kingston rebrand have the same length. I will try too look at it in video reviews later today.

Also. everyone is getting brainwavz pads. I've noticed there are 2 types. Normal pleather abnd vert soft pleather(that come with hm5 preinstalled).
What do the pads do to 2050 ? I've never owned an open headphone and many people say its a fantastic thing.

And why wont people just buy hm5 itself? Is takstar with hm5 pads better even at cheaper price ?
btw. here 2050 + hm5 pads is cheaper than v2. and hm5 itself is 2.5x more expensive than 2050

edit: are default pads on v2 memory foam ?

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #2,480 of 4,701
Originally Posted by JackBauer 
  By example, how the Takstar Pro 80 handle this kind of track: http://beyondcreation.bandcamp.com/track/earthborn-evolution

Does it sound good or bad with the Pro 80? If it sound bad, does anyone have some other headphone suggestion under 100$ that can handle it?

If anyone who own the Pro 80 can try it, I will be more than happy.

I have it in FLAC if someone would listen it in this quality. I will give you a download link in Private Message...

Thx!

I'm not sure about the pro 80, but from my own experience with 2050, metal isn't gonna be performed well with these cans. Serious lack of instrument separation; drum tend to sound quite harsh and heavy, dominate over riff guitars and vocal, and don't decay well. All the the aforementioned thus creates a very uncomfortable "oomh" ambiance in the background.
I would suggest you look for a used Grado instead. I'm very happy with my Grado Sr125i right now, got it for only 110$ :D
This is my test track by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb1w8ln2yJk

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #2,481 of 4,701
  ^^^^
ver.1 with coiled cable, ver.2 with straight cable. you can go back to page 142, 1st post on the page is you asking the same question 
wink_face.gif

if you tell me what is the difference between the old and the new headband I could ask someone who own the HyperX, sadly I can't get them from him to compare myself.

Ooooohhhh... I'm pretty sure that the only difference is the cable. The pads are the same, and so is the rest of the construction. I got mine with a coiled cable but I modded it to have a removable cable so I get the choice to have what ever cable I like.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #2,483 of 4,701
  I'm not sure about the pro 80, but from my own experience with 2050, metal isn't gonna be performed well with these cans. Serious lack of instrument separation; drum tend to sound quite harsh and heavy, dominate over riff guitars and vocal, and don't decay well. All the the aforementioned thus creates a very uncomfortable "oomh" ambiance in the background.
I would suggest you look for a used Grado instead. I'm very happy with my Grado Sr125i right now, got it for only 110$ :D
This is my test track by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb1w8ln2yJk

Agreed. I've found myself listening to metal and other kinds of fast, busy music through my KSC75's. The HI2050 does some stuff really well (string instruments sound amazing), but just falls flat for metal.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #2,484 of 4,701
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,485 of 4,701
Agreed. I've found myself listening to metal and other kinds of fast, busy music through my KSC75's. The HI2050 does some stuff really well (string instruments sound amazing), but just falls flat for metal.

All is a matter of ampflication. Properly amped, hi2050 outshines many hps. Thats how am I using it. Otherwise even ibasso dx90 (so called powerful amongst daps) purrs like a kitty with it. But roars when amped :) (using a hibrid amp and Schiit Vali clone)

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,486 of 4,701
All is a matter of ampflication. Properly amped, hi2050 outshines many hps. Thats how am I using it. Otherwise even ibasso dx90 (so called powerful amongst daps) purrs like a kitty with it. But roars when amped
smily_headphones1.gif
(using a hibrid amp and Schiit Vali clone)

I listen through a FiiO E10K which is by no means a high-end amp, but it's helped the sound a bit. The problem is by the time you spend the money to get the HI2050 properly amped as you say, you can throw bang/buck out the window, which is kinda what these cans have going for them. For metal, you'd be better off just buying a different pair of headphones with better separation and less sibilance.

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #2,487 of 4,701

I listen through a FiiO E10K which is by no means a high-end amp, but it's helped the sound a bit. The problem is by the time you spend the money to get the HI2050 properly amped as you say, you can throw bang/buck out the window, which is kinda what these cans have going for them. For metal, you'd be better off just buying a different pair of headphones with better separation and less sibilance.

Yeah I got your point. But the first amp I had tried was hybrid tube amp that costed (was on trial at me) like 40 usd.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2,488 of 4,701
All is a matter of ampflication. Properly amped, hi2050 outshines many hps. Thats how am I using it. Otherwise even ibasso dx90 (so called powerful amongst daps) purrs like a kitty with it. But roars when amped
smily_headphones1.gif
(using a hibrid amp and Schiit Vali clone)

+1
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back