The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 28, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #2,251 of 4,701
  Pleather almost always improves bass response in closed headphones. You are probably going to have more harsh treble as well though. Velour helps to dampen harsh treble. Something you can do to pleather pads to help reduce sibilance is make small holes on the side of the pads that face the headphone.

Did you do that to Folex' pair? How did the sound change with the pleather pads?

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #2,255 of 4,701
I don't think so. I think eventually I'm going to buy a powder coating gun and a small oven to use strictly for baking powder coated stuff. At that point in time I might change the color of the yokes, I think painting them would be a bad idea. They go in and out of the headband which would make the paint rub off and fade at that spot. Powder coat is much more durable.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #2,259 of 4,701
The drivers aren't the stock Hi-2050 drivers so that comparison wouldn't make sense. We have Audio Technica AD2000 drivers in these. I don't have a way to actually measure the sound, I just do it by ear. Someday I hope I have a way to take sound measurements though, that would be pretty awesome.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #2,261 of 4,701
You can't! Haha but really, I don't think the public can find this mesh. I have a resource I get it from.

I had to cut out a good portion of the inside of these headphones to have this grill, so the process isn't just remove the old grill and install the new, it took some time and dissection. I don't know if I could install it perfectly without cutting the insides up, honestly.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #2,262 of 4,701
  I don't think so. I think eventually I'm going to buy a powder coating gun and a small oven to use strictly for baking powder coated stuff. At that point in time I might change the color of the yokes, I think painting them would be a bad idea. They go in and out of the headband which would make the paint rub off and fade at that spot. Powder coat is much more durable.

The sliding mechanism is plastic so I don't think you'd have a lot of wear on it. But I know what you mean. 

Where did you get the mesh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back