The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 31, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #2,281 of 4,701
Yeah its still there for sure. Very forward, but not too much. The bass is DEEP and the treble is bright but not too bright. It's definitely a fun sound, very fast and accurate too. I really enjoy it.

Nice :D. I haven't played a lot with my hi2050. Not much time for modding there and here for now. But I think I'll look forward for modding this thing :D.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2,282 of 4,701
Pro80 has better resolution. Better sub bass impact. HD6000 is somehow less detailed , a bit narrow soundstage, thicker mid and bass (but not punchier sub bass than pro 80), but somehow less "analytical" than pro 80. Good for mainstream songs, not so good for critical listening.

Thanks man! Is Prog trance considered mainstream? 
biggrin.gif

Guess I'll stick to the good ole 80s and throw the savings to the amp then.

Cheers! 

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,283 of 4,701
Thanks man! Is Prog trance considered mainstream? :D

Cheers! 

Quite mainstream actually. Most of the people that loves electronic music here, mostly listen to prog trance or prog house. The good thing is, pro80 has good sub bass punch, and that'll work like a charm for electronic music :D.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,284 of 4,701
Quite mainstream actually. Most of the people that loves electronic music here, mostly listen to prog trance or prog house. The good thing is, pro80 has good sub bass punch, and that'll work like a charm for electronic music
biggrin.gif

I must be different, I barely have any trance or house on my playlist. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #2,285 of 4,701
  Found this:

ISK are an OEM as far as we know and the HP-2011 use a 50mm driver (TAKSTAR's is 53mm). maybe they use the same body but the driver is probably not the same (some ISK models also look like SUPERLUX headphones).

and on another matter, CyberX is a software security startup from Israel, HyperX is a Kingston brand used for gaming/enthusiast products. the Kingston HyperX Cloud is a QPAD headset rebrand that is based on the pro 80. fix the title of the thread plz :)

btw, very happy with the pro 80, great sounding headphones for the price and proven to be very capable for gaming, QPAD and Kingston chose well.

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #2,286 of 4,701

Thanks man! Is Prog trance considered mainstream? 
biggrin.gif

Cheers! 

My main genre is Trance. Mostly vocal trance but also progressive. The Pro 80s are perfect for trance because you need more detailed equipment to listen to it properly. There is a lot of elements going on in good mastered tracks and listening to them with bad gear you just lose a LOT of the song, sometime even more than half of it. Get yourself a nice transparent amp like the Topping NX1 which pairs quite nicely with the Pro 80.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,287 of 4,701
Has anybody tried the Takstar TS-600 (or TS-610) (different color, same headphone)?

They are incredibly balanced with life-like vocals. This is actually my favorite from the Takstar line-up.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,290 of 4,701
  Any place selling them for a good price?

I bought them in "taobao" website in China (mainland) since I live in Beijing. I'm pretty sure they sell them on ebay, amazon, or maybe aliexpress. Personally, I think they make the best monitor headphones out of most of the Takstar headphones, and they're under $50.00 dollars in the US (only 120 RMB in China -taobao).

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #2,291 of 4,701
Just sold my HI2050's...sorry to see them go but they were just a little too small for my big head. 
Also as detailed as they were I have ATH-AD900's & DT880's. For an inexpensive headphone they are pretty nice though.
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #2,292 of 4,701
  Just sold my HI2050's...sorry to see them go but they were just a little too small for my big head. 
Also as detailed as they were I have ATH-AD900's & DT880's. For an inexpensive headphone they are pretty nice though.
frown.gif

The ad900 driver would drop right into the Hi2050 perfectly, both are 53mm drivers. Just a thought. I can't stand the wing design from AT but I love their drivers and customer support. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #2,293 of 4,701

The ad900 driver would drop right into the Hi2050 perfectly, both are 53mm drivers. Just a thought. I can't stand the wing design from AT but I love their drivers and customer support. 

The problem was the Takstars were just too small. I'm not a huge guy 6ft 215lbs but I guess my head is big. 
BTW I like the AT headphone wings and all and they are plenty big enough for me. They need to be placed correctly but they are magic with vocals. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #2,294 of 4,701
  The problem was the Takstars were just too small. I'm not a huge guy 6ft 215lbs but I guess my head is big. 
BTW I like the AT headphone wings and all and they are plenty big enough for me. They need to be placed correctly but they are magic with vocals. 

I'm 6'0 211 myself and for whatever reason when I owned the ad700 and I'd look down or turn my head quickly they would either fall off or shift. If they could go to a standard headband I would absolutely love their headphones. This is why I had to transplant the ad2000 drivers into the takstars. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #2,295 of 4,701
I think the 700's are even bigger than my 900's! I've read of people having issue's with them staying on and sliding around when you move. My 900's don't slide but I have to position them several times to hit the "sweet spot" which is a little aggravating. The Takstars on the other hand were ever so slightly small and I could never get them to sit exactly as the should. I guess my head is just a little to much for them (7 5/8 cap size).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back