The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,103 of 4,700
Hey, I had the Hi2050's for quite a while a now.  I just have a couple questions.  Why do the pro80's seem to be more popular than the Hi2050's?  Do people just prefer the isolation?  Also, for replacement pads for the Hi2050, do those HM5 pleather/valor work well without changing the sound much?  I just see them recommended for the p80's mostly.

Anyway, I don't think anything can beat these at this price point.  I actually prefer them over my sony ma900's in most ways besides comfort.  My ears get slightly hotter over time, they weigh more, and have more clamping force.  The only thing I needed to do was EQ some of the highs as I would get fatigued otherwise.  They also are driven near perfectly off my motherboard realtek source.

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #2,104 of 4,700
  Hey, I had the Hi2050's for quite a while a now.  I just have a couple questions.  Why do the pro80's seem to be more popular than the Hi2050's?  Do people just prefer the isolation?  Also, for replacement pads for the Hi2050, do those HM5 pleather/valor work well without changing the sound much?  I just see them recommended for the p80's mostly.

Anyway, I don't think anything can beat these at this price point.  I actually prefer them over my sony ma900's in most ways besides comfort.  My ears get slightly hotter over time, they weigh more, and have more clamping force.  The only thing I needed to do was EQ some of the highs as I would get fatigued otherwise.  They also are driven near perfectly off my motherboard realtek source.

I think that people get the pro 80s more because of the aesthetics. The 2050 doesn't look that great. I'd like to see a black version.

The HM5 pads are great but I haven't heard about the velours.

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,105 of 4,700

To me my Gemini HSR-1000s (Pro 80s) sound just a littler better then my Hi2050s.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #2,108 of 4,700
  anyone put on the hm5 velour pads on their pro 80s? just curious if anyone else is having problems putting them on

It's a very tight fit but it goes on. You can be rough with them, they don't rip. I found the trick is to get at least a quarter of it on and for the rest of it, get you finger in there (between the pad and the stocking) and just prod your way around to get the rest of it over the flange. Once you get it on the first and second time, it's a cake walk.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #2,109 of 4,700
  I think that people get the pro 80s more because of the aesthetics. The 2050 doesn't look that great. I'd like to see a black version.

The HM5 pads are great but I haven't heard about the velours.

Personally, I got mine because they're a fully closed design. With 3 kids, I need all the isolation possible. Now with the HM5 pads, it's as good as it gets.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,110 of 4,700

It's a very tight fit but it goes on. You can be rough with them, they don't rip. I found the trick is to get at least a quarter of it on and for the rest of it, get you finger in there (between the pad and the stocking) and just prod your way around to get the rest of it over the flange. Once you get it on the first and second time, it's a cake walk.

now that's a relief. mine are taking too long to arrive! 

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #2,111 of 4,700

it wasn't too bad putting them on but you were right. you had to stretch and be rough with the pads. so much more comfortable

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2,113 of 4,700
  Out of curiousity, do the Pro 80's headband extend more the Hi2050s?  On mine (actually Tech Pro HPT990s) I have to extend it all the way to fit my head.  I do wear a size 8.5 hat so I have a pretty big ol head.

It's the exact same size headband. The construction is identical except for the cup lids and dampening. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #2,114 of 4,700
anyone at here have tried HD 3000? I'm planning to buy that

and I heard that pro 80 get new batch, that get much improvement
from spring cable to straight cable, more comfortable pad, bigger stretch for headband, and a bit clearer sound
anyone have tried that new batch?

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #2,115 of 4,700
  anyone at here have tried HD 3000? I'm planning to buy that

and I heard that pro 80 get new batch, that get much improvement
from spring cable to straight cable, more comfortable pad, bigger stretch for headband, and a bit clearer sound
anyone have tried that new batch?

Where'd you hear that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back