The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,966 of 4,700
I guess you can try the Grado SR80.

What are you not liking about them?

That's on a unbalanced circuit. I wonder how this would work on a balanced cable... :\

Not sure mate. I'd ask someone in the speaker amp thread. They seem quite knowledgable in this area. How are you going to modify the Fiio amp for balanced !

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #1,967 of 4,700
Not sure mate. I'd ask someone in the speaker amp thread. They seem quite knowledgable in this area. How are you going to modify the Fiio amp for balanced !

It's already balanced, no need for mods. My only aim is to eradicate any noise that is present with the cost of some power.

--EDIT--

I'll correct myself. Just did some research on balanced audio signal and it was WAAAAAAY off to what I thought it was. 
Though unbalanced signal is not the issue here because the noise is coming from the source, not noise picked up by the wire. My goal is to dampen the noise before amplification, so: Source (PC) > 75 Ohm resistor > E11 > Cans
Somewhere down the line I'll start saving up for a Schiit Modi or similar DAC. Though, I'm pretty furious at how much overpriced Schiit is here in Australia compared to everywhere else in the world.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,968 of 4,700
Do you need a portable amplifier or is there any other specific reason for getting E11? Schiit is also very expensive in europe. Usd is directly converted into UK pounds...It's pretty much 2x the price then. I had Modi (and vali) it's a great dac but thinking about what else one could buy with the european prices it is not that much of a bang for the buck. For the price of modi I could get xiangsheng dac-01a. It is dac, headphone amp, and tube preamp. I felt that Vali was an upgrade to xiangsheng as an amp but modi as a dac was about the same, by a very small margin I preferred dac01a as a dac vs modi. Don't be worried about the fact it is a chinese brand you might not have heard of before. Maverick tubemagic d1 is a rebrand of xiangsheng. Maverick was very highly regarded here few years ago. It is a bright sounding so some people might not think it is not that good match with bright headphones such as takstars but dac01 was the amp I had when I fell in love with hi2050 so obviously I had no issues with the brightness :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,969 of 4,700
  Do you need a portable amplifier or is there any other specific reason for getting E11? Schiit is also very expensive in europe. Usd is directly converted into UK pounds...It's pretty much 2x the price then. I had Modi (and vali) it's a great dac but thinking about what else one could buy with the european prices it is not that much of a bang for the buck. For the price of modi I could get xiangsheng dac-01a. It is dac, headphone amp, and tube preamp. I felt that Vali was an upgrade to xiangsheng as an amp but modi as a dac was about the same, by a very small margin I preferred dac01a as a dac vs modi. Don't be worried about the fact it is a chinese brand you might not have heard of before. Maverick tubemagic d1 is a rebrand of xiangsheng. Maverick was very highly regarded here few years ago. It is a bright sounding so some people might not think it is not that good match with bright headphones such as takstars but dac01 was the amp I had when I fell in love with hi2050 so obviously I had no issues with the brightness :)

Reason I'm getting the E11 is because the back of the PC stereo output is not powerful enough to drive the Pro 80, the front is because it is amplified but has some degradation. Having an E11 will give me freedom to take these cans anywhere without worrying. Plus I remember someone saying here that the Pro 80 sounds better with some sort of amplification. I haven't tried this yet. For $60 it's something I'm willing to invest on. Not a huge loss if there isn't any improvement, but it will be good to have for future upgrade.

I'm still new to DACs in general and I've got a lot of time to research and find new ones. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,970 of 4,700
DJScope >> I did adjust the equalizer on itunes and they are better but not as open or accurate (IMO) as my Grado' sr225i. Of course there is that price difference. For the money the 2050's are nice but not the final word. I have been enjoying this thread.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #1,971 of 4,700
  DJScope >> I did adjust the equalizer on itunes and they are better but not as open or accurate (IMO) as my Grado' sr225i. Of course there is that price difference. For the money the 2050's are nice but not the final word. I have been enjoying this thread.

IMO, the whole appeal of the Takstars is that they are very good for the price and build very solid. They sound good enough for daily usage. Though I have not listened to the 2050, I've got the Pro80 which uses the same drivers. But I do find them quite accurate, maybe slightly colored. I always have the EQ flat for music, only raise the lower end for movies and maybe gaming (depends on the game). The soundstage is actually very good compared to most of the cans I've tried.

May 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,972 of 4,700
  I did adjust the equalizer on itunes and they are better but not as open or accurate (IMO) as my Grado' sr225i. Of course there is that price difference. For the money the 2050's are nice but not the final word. I have been enjoying this thread.

What music are you listening through your Hi-2050s?

May 16, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #1,973 of 4,700
Received my Takstar Hi2050 after 3 weeks in Chinese customs.. what's not to like about them? $42 worth of great comfort, gentle clamp, generous velour pads (7x4x2cm), openish clean sound. Cable is good length, light and flexible.

As all the others, I measured them on my head using the calibrated Smyth Realiser -mics in ear, zero compensation.

Hi2050 / Superlux HD330 / Senn HD800 / Presonus HD7

Hi2050 / Senn HD600 / CAL!   (unsmoothed)

THD nice (~1,5% <50hz, <0,5% >100hz)

CSD  (some 5khz ringing, but I don't hear it that much..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back