The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 28, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #1,951 of 4,700
Hey , I found some headphones that look like these but i couldn't find any information about them the brand is called (
AHUJA ) it seems to be an Indian company the product I am interested in is 
AHUJA AHP-1800 

Product Page:  http://www.ahujaradios.com/Productdetail.asp?prd_id=319&id=11&sc_id=69

anyone heard of these before? and what model do they look like coz i am not familiar with all the models.

Regards

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #1,957 of 4,700
  yay tax time

I'm eyeing a TH900

You obviously have much bigger pockets than I do. xD

I'm only leaving an allowance for $100 of petty cash. Rest goes on baby stuff :frowning2:

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #1,958 of 4,700
You obviously have much bigger pockets than I do. xD

I'm only leaving an allowance for $100 of petty cash. Rest goes on baby stuff :frowning2:

You're doing it right. I was like you a few years ago. It gets better

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,959 of 4,700
You're doing it right. I was like you a few years ago. It gets better

I hope so.

Hey what's you opinion of adding resistors to the cable to raise the headphone impedance but increasing gain from the amplifier. Do you think this will make an impact of sound quality/clarity?
I just ordered some 75Ohm resistors from eBay for $1 to experiment with it, but they won't be here for about 2-4 weeks. Many people are saying that it cleans out the sound and in some cases raises different bands. Sounds like a cheap experiment worth trying.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #1,960 of 4,700

I hope so.

Hey what's you opinion of adding resistors to the cable to raise the headphone impedance but increasing gain from the amplifier. Do you think this will make an impact of sound quality/clarity?
I just ordered some 75Ohm resistors from eBay for $1 to experiment with it, but they won't be here for about 2-4 weeks. Many people are saying that it cleans out the sound and in some cases raises different bands. Sounds like a cheap experiment worth trying.

I did the same thing for my IEMs, I didn't notice anything changed except for the addtional power requirement. It might stop hissing if that was there in the first place. These cans are quite efficient though

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,961 of 4,700
  I did the same thing for my IEMs, I didn't notice anything changed except for the addtional power requirement. It might stop hissing if that was there in the first place. These cans are quite efficient though

I do get a very slight amount of electrical interference when using them with my PC front headphone output. It's not constant noise, it's only evident when the HDD spools up. It's only noticeable when there's nothing playing, and even then it's very faint. No such problem from the rear output but not enough gain to drive these cans properly, hence why I'm getting the E11. 

When you did it, did you just put resistors in serial to the hot wires or did you also have a resistor in parallel? I'm still not sure exactly how this circuit works. The 2 variation in design. I think that the serial only design is wrong, but I'm not sure. 

Once I get the E11 I'm going to make a input/output selector (2x input + 2x output) so I might integrate the resistors to dampen any noise that might be coming from the motherboard. Just a temporary fix for now.

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,962 of 4,700

I do get a very slight amount of electrical interference when using them with my PC front headphone output. It's not constant noise, it's only evident when the HDD spools up. It's only noticeable when there's nothing playing, and even then it's very faint. No such problem from the rear output but not enough gain to drive these cans properly, hence why I'm getting the E11. 

When you did it, did you just put resistors in serial to the hot wires or did you also have a resistor in parallel? I'm still not sure exactly how this circuit works. The 2 variation in design. I think that the serial only design is wrong, but I'm not sure. 

Once I get the E11 I'm going to make a input/output selector (2x input + 2x output) so I might integrate the resistors to dampen any noise that might be coming from the motherboard. Just a temporary fix for now.

I was actually using an adapter that brought the resistance to 75ohms.

Where I did try a resistor was with my speaker amp and across the red and black similar to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/lightbox/post/9416836/id/832967

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,964 of 4,700
I've got a Pro 80 and have been enjoying it.

I also have a Samson SR850 which I enjoy for the bigger soundstage and airiness.

I'm considering getting the Hi-2050, but it doesn't sound like it is a very open for a semi-open can. Is that right?

So, I can spend $45 for HI-2050 or I can spend more for something significantly better. What would I need to get/spend for a significant improvement over the 2050? I'm looking for something semi-open to open.

Mainly listening to movie soundtracks, pop songs in the top 100, etc. I like a pretty wide range actually, but not into hard rock, techno, etc. - I'm no basshead, but do appreciate bass quality.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,965 of 4,700
  I've got a Pro 80 and have been enjoying it.

I also have a Samson SR850 which I enjoy for the bigger soundstage and airiness.

I'm considering getting the Hi-2050, but it doesn't sound like it is a very open for a semi-open can. Is that right?

So, I can spend $45 for HI-2050 or I can spend more for something significantly better. What would I need to get/spend for a significant improvement over the 2050? I'm looking for something semi-open to open.

Mainly listening to movie soundtracks, pop songs in the top 100, etc. I like a pretty wide range actually, but not into hard rock, techno, etc. - I'm no basshead, but do appreciate bass quality.

I guess you can try the Grado SR80.

Got my Takstar 2050's today. Not really liking them. Do they need a break in period?

What are you not liking about them?

I was actually using an adapter that brought the resistance to 75ohms.

Where I did try a resistor was with my speaker amp and across the red and black similar to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/lightbox/post/9416836/id/832967

That's on a unbalanced circuit. I wonder how this would work on a balanced cable... :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back