The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,936 of 4,700
oh my, sell them or sort them XD
a friend gave me his HI2050 for testing, comfy but a little too much bass, had to EQ them a little (lower the bass and give a nudge to the mid and mid-high). maybe i am used to brighter headphones...

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,937 of 4,700
  oh my, sell them or sort them XD

Hehe yeah...there is a bunch of chinese headphones that I don't need. Selling them is not that easy though. I got those delivered for 10 euros a piece. If I sold those shipping alone would be close to 8 euros. You see the problem :) So i rather keep them as spares... I can use the pad's in other headphones etc...

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,938 of 4,700
today got hi2050 and it sound really clean and can say what is what but about too much bass i do not agree even want some time boost up but i am kinda bass head so probably just preference and new stink not nice :D

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,939 of 4,700
I only have a fraction of your cans but still too many so have decided to do away with all but a couple and get a TOTL portable can setup and a TOTL desktop setup. Something that is a good all rounder but also great with EDM since it's what I listen to most. No more budget stuff

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #1,940 of 4,700
What is the optimum number of headphones to have for the average guy? I work full time, have a life and 5 sets of full size cans. Sometimes I feel 5 is too much... that's why I was thinking of selling my 2050's. No need to spend much time on this just wondering what you guys thought.

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #1,941 of 4,700
Not sure if I'm an average guy but you want to have as many cans that you'll get use out of all of them. My aims is to have:

1 x hi-fi can (something like a TH900, will stretch to even stax 009 if worthwhile or LCD-X) + hi-fi desktop amp/dac setup that is an all rounder that is skewed towards EDM (I'm a bit of a basshead)
1 x hi-fi portable can (something like an ultrasone hifi can) + portable DAP/Amp or just a good DAP
1 x hi-fi IEM universal like a TOTL hybrid such as a T-Peos H300 + same good DAP (I;m not really considering customs anymore)
1 x beater IEM like a GR07 BE which I already have
1 x beater can like a Takstar Pro80 which I already have 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,942 of 4,700
Maybe some one can suggest pads for hi2050 because velvet feels like can harm my skin :D and i more prefer fake leather or maybe something else can suggest? and from shop what is international or Europe because i just don't know where to search for something like pads for takstar:)

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #1,943 of 4,700
  Maybe some one can suggest pads for hi2050 because velvet feels like can harm my skin :D and i more prefer fake leather or maybe something else can suggest? and from shop what is international or Europe because i just don't know where to search for something like pads for takstar:)

I think these are the same size as the Pro80 / Gemini HSR-1000.

I put HM5 pads on my Gemini.

http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones/headphones-earphones/brainwavz/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

Shipping is free...you have to order two.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,946 of 4,700

Pro80 = Gemini HSR-1000

They are clones of one another...same headphone, just re-branded.

+1

Gemini HSR-1000 is a rebranded Takstar Pro 80. (Closed back headphones)

On the other hand, Takstars Hi-2050 are semi-open, and Technical Pro HPT990 is a rebranded Takstar HI-2050.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,947 of 4,700
I got my takstar pro80 from aliexpress a couple of weeks ago. Today I received my hm5 pads.

Bit of a tight fit getting them on but my god what a difference. The original pads are a bit stiff and thin for me. These new ones whilst the same external diameter have a bigger hole in the middle so but bigger lug holes fit inside . Also since the pads are thicker my ears don't get crushed against the speaker grills. The material is also much softer and makes long listening periods much more pleasant.

In general the original phones were superb value for money but for me this mod makes them as comfy as my philips uptown while being much more precise and accurate.

It's a must do mod IMHO.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,948 of 4,700
Hi guys i'm using a pair of samsons sr850 and sr950. The sr950 is a bassy one, too much for my taste, cause it overwhelms the mids, highs and everything. So i just want to try another budget open/semi open headphone. Don't own amp nor dac, just my xonar D1.

Between the takstars what is the one that improves the overall sound of my samson sr850 (superlux 668b), thanks.

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,949 of 4,700
I got my takstar pro80 from aliexpress a couple of weeks ago. Today I received my hm5 pads.

Bit of a tight fit getting them on but my god what a difference. The original pads are a bit stiff and thin for me. These new ones whilst the same external diameter have a bigger hole in the middle so but bigger lug holes fit inside . Also since the pads are thicker my ears don't get crushed against the speaker grills. The material is also much softer and makes long listening periods much more pleasant.

In general the original phones were superb value for money but for me this mod makes them as comfy as my philips uptown while being much more precise and accurate.

It's a must do mod IMHO.

Also why me and a couple of others have recommended it lots of times, those pads are the single bestbuy in the headphone industry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back