The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,757 of 4,700
Which Takstars do you guys recommend for gaming?
I will be using them with either X-Fi CMSS 3D or Dolby Headphone for virtual surround sound.
Not looking for the biggest soundstage or the most precise positioning.
I'd prefer natural, life-like presentation, with emphasis on realism.
I have already tried ATH-AD900X, but they turned out too bright for gaming.
Voices are too pronounced, and environment sounds are too silent in comparison.
So I guess I'm after a more smooth sound signature.
Shall I stick with Takstars, or something like Sony MA900 would be significantly better choice?

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,759 of 4,700
Hey guys! This will be my first post in this forum. Thanks to the great reception for this overlooked pair of headphones in this forum, I purchased a pair of the PRO80s and got my hands on them today. These will be my first proper pair of full sized cans. They sound phenomenal!

That only proper earphones I've had are the old Sony EX300 and the Klipsche S4i.

I think you guy have converted me. Thank you!

XT1033 Single Sim Mod Stock w/ Faux kernel.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #1,760 of 4,700
Hey guys! This will be my first post in this forum. Thanks to the great reception for this overlooked pair of headphones in this forum, I purchased a pair of the PRO80s and got my hands on them today. These will be my first proper pair of full sized cans. They sound phenomenal!

That only proper earphones I've had are the old Sony EX300 and the Klipsche S4i.

Welcome and sorry for your wallet

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #1,761 of 4,700

See if you can find a pair of HM5 pads. They improve the sound and comfort of the PRO80s drastically

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #1,762 of 4,700
@spurxiii

Haha thanks for your concern! Considering I've got 2 kids and one on the way. I don't think I be able to spend too much money. But I will be reading review after review for quite a while. XD

I'll look into these pads. So far the pads that come with the phones are very soft and comfortable. Though I'm still yet to put them to the test for extended use. This coming weekend will be an interesting one.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #1,763 of 4,700
@spurxiii

Haha thanks for your concern! Considering I've got 2 kids and one on the way. I don't think I be able to spend too much money. But I will be reading review after review for quite a while. XD

I'll look into these pads. So far the pads that come with the phones are very soft and comfortable. Though I'm still yet to put them to the test for extended use. This coming weekend will be an interesting one.

I've got 3 little kids so I'm ahead. You've got to live and enjoy life also. Family comes first but reward yourself also

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,764 of 4,700
@spurxiii

I've got 3 little kids so I'm ahead. You've got to live and enjoy life also. Family comes first but reward yourself also

Of course indulging is an important part of life. I'm more if a computer parts guy but Im a huge fan of good quality sound systems. I've never had the cash to afford one though. They're waaaayyyy out of my price range.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #1,765 of 4,700
Of course indulging is an important part of life. I'm more if a computer parts guy but Im a huge fan of good quality sound systems. I've never had the cash to afford one though. They're waaaayyyy out of my price range.

You must game

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,766 of 4,700

You must game

Is it that obvious? xD
I game, buy only casually. A bit of CS:GO and World of Tanks. I do look for other good games that aren't so popular like Banished. Also a huge fan of Fallout series, I've been playing it since Fallout 2 came out.

Now that I've got these headphones I will definitely be replaying Outlast just for the epic horror!

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #1,767 of 4,700
I
Is it that obvious? xD
I game, buy only casually. A bit of CS:GO and World of Tanks. I do look for other good games that aren't so popular like Banished. Also a huge fan of Fallout series, I've been playing it since Fallout 2 came out.

Now that I've got these headphones I will definitely be replaying Outlast just for the epic horror!

It'll sound even more realistic and scare the **** out of you

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #1,768 of 4,700
I've had instances watching a movie with my cans and turned around thinking did that sound come from behind me

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,769 of 4,700
I've had instances watching a movie with my cans and turned around thinking did that sound come from behind me

Which cans do you own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back