The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #1,338 of 4,701
  hmm, fine. I´ll make a (small) video review for you. but then you´ll ******* buy two of these babies, ok? :wink:

are you talking to me? if so, then thank you
smile.gif

but you dont need to do that if you can answer a few question from me.

Is SL hd660 complementary to takstar pro80? Does it make sanse to have both?

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,340 of 4,701
  Yup i´m talking to you. forgot to qoute :wink: 

And i´m fairly certain that the takstar is a better headphone all aroun. But i don´t own both, so don´t hang me up on it :wink:

Alright. Thank you. But in case. Update this thread for the comparison because they say SL hd660 is pretty good too but reviews are scarce, only headfonia has a concise review. But that's just one reviewer's thoughts. Thanks again.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,343 of 4,701
I'm having terrible trouble deciding on an amp. I got a nice sound from SR850 unamped so I believe my dac is fine (and I can't hear any noticeable difference when using E17 with my desktop). Has anyone tried the Magni with Pro80? Or the JDS O2?

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #1,347 of 4,701
I was too curious so I had to order these. Just got the Gemini in today and they sound great. Treble I missed you. Going from slightly bassy headphones it feels like someone turned the treble up to a more balanced state but it's not fatiguing or screechy but it does teeter on that line of possibly being too sharp like almost all studio monitors. I really like the treble on these. Overall great sound lot of clarity and resolution but they are slightly unforgiving of bad recordings. It's like driving a race car and hitting a pothole you're going to feel it. 

The only downside was that they are small as I've been warned if you have a big head like myself. I modified them by bending the metal so they fit nicely. Now I just have to stretch them out so it doesn't clamp as much.  

I'm definitely not disappointed in these for 55 dollars. They're probably one of the best headphones under 100. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,348 of 4,701
Tried the HM5 pads although more comfy and better isolation, I think it makes them quite a bit more warm and less neutral. The bass extends a little further but is less tight and punchy. I also hear a little veil in the mids too. MIght have to try and get used to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back