The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,201 of 4,696
  What advantages does the Pro 80 have over the HD 6000? I've read in this thread that the 6000 has more bass than the Pro 80 and is similar everywhere else and that on paper seems to fit the styles of music I like. What styles of music do you generally listen to that gives you the opinion that the Pro 80 would be the better overall? Asking out of curiosity as I'm finding it hard to split the differences between the two. Also the Pro 80 has gone up to $69 for me now.

I'm just not into a lot of bass in my audio (I have 49 year old ears), I like a decent detailed bass.
I listen to almost all kinds of music, except for Western and Jazz.
Usually the Gemini HSR-1000 is cheaper then the the Takstar Pro 80.

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #1,204 of 4,696
  For those who own monoprice 8223, how would a closed Takstar headphone compares to it ? I mean is it really worth twice the price ?

I've bought two Monoprice 8223, good sound quality for the price, but you getting the best build quality you can for $23 headphones, which to me is not good enough, better to get the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80).

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #1,206 of 4,696
So for indoor use, it seems like HD5500 > Pro 80 > HD6000?

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,207 of 4,696
  So for indoor use, it seems like HD5500 > Pro 80 > HD6000?

Depends on the type of sound you are going for.

HD6000= Boosted bass, recessed midrange, boosted highs

Pro 80 = Most neutral, with a dip and peak in the low-high/high region

HD5500= Boosted bass with a continuous roll off. Excellent for EDM.

They all sound good, so pick the one that best suits you, or own them all. I don't really want to get rid of any of them.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,208 of 4,696
  I'm just not into a lot of bass in my audio (I have 49 year old ears), I like a decent detailed bass.
I listen to almost all kinds of music, except for Western and Jazz.
Usually the Gemini HSR-1000 is cheaper then the the Takstar Pro 80.

Thanks for the information mate. I myself do not like overly boomy sort of bass that drowns out other things and I also don't like hugely thumping bass as that makes my ears hurt and gives me a headache. I like a good solid bass punch and bass emersion and the pro 80 seems to probably be the better choice for that. Right now I'm looking at that and the UE 6000 as I can get it for $100 so they are both in a similar price range for me.

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #1,209 of 4,696
  Thanks for the information mate. I myself do not like overly boomy sort of bass that drowns out other things and I also don't like hugely thumping bass as that makes my ears hurt and gives me a headache. I like a good solid bass punch and bass emersion and the pro 80 seems to probably be the better choice for that. Right now I'm looking at that and the UE 6000 as I can get it for $100 so they are both in a similar price range for me.

I have both the Pro80's and the UE6000's and for home use I definitely prefer the Pro80's because of it's better clarity and bigger soundstage. The UE6000's are great for travelling and other portable use.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,210 of 4,696
As I stated earlier, I prefer the HD5500 to the UE6000 as well. I find it to have better bass and it is clearer as well, though the HD5500 is definitely bass-heavy.

Personally I'm struggling with whether to keep the HD5500, because my AKG K545 gets most of my playing time. There are some songs that work better on the 5500 for sure, but mostly I'm liking the AKG (not a bad thing for the Takstar since it is less than half as expensive). I'm considering selling the Takstar to get funds for an IEM. Decisions, decisions...

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,213 of 4,696
Just purchased the Takstar Pro 80 here in Australia for $69. Cheapest I could find it here and it comes with a 3 month satisfaction guarantee. If I dislike it I can return it for a full refund which is very nice. I hope I do like them though.

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,215 of 4,696
TakStar-80
Closed cup, coiled cord, the cord not upgradable w/o soldering.
The ear-pads cover your ears if they are of average or below average size.

Just received mine today and without burn-in they are making a very strong first impression.

They come in a music shipping style case, foam inserts, bullet-proof packaging for the price closer to what $250 cans come packaged in. Velour carry bag and the usual 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter. The band and cup holders are metal, the cups very good looking hard plastic. Good clean bass, very good extension on tympani and kick drums and bass guitar, a bit of a veil on the lower mids and upper bass, less treble detail and smaller sound-stage than the SuperLux house sound, not the ultimate in far treble extension.

Sound-stage for a closed-ear can is very good.

This all with no burn-in, first hour out of the case.

My customary burn-in and break-in shall commence and more notes to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back