The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,487 of 4,700
  ISK HF 2010 and ISK HP 2011 FR comparison

same highs, almost similar mids, difference only on the bass spectrum

Graphs only tell half the story. You have to listen to them and realize that there sound signature sounds totally different from each other. They even carry different dynamic drivers. The ones in the HP2011 are 50mm drivers, while the ones in the HF2010 are 53mm drivers. The HF2010 are warmer sounding and good soundstage, while the HP2011 sounds brighter and the soundstage is even wider.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #4,488 of 4,700

Graphs only tell half the story. You have to listen to them and realize that there sound signature sounds totally different from each other. They even carry different dynamic drivers. The ones in the HP2011 are 50mm drivers, while the ones in the HF2010 are 53mm drivers. The HF2010 are warmer sounding and good soundstage, while the HP2011 sounds brighter and the soundstage is even wider.
wink.gif

yes i know.

and they also have different impedance and almost same sensitivity

so the HP 2011 are easier to drive with low quality sources such as smartphones

i will go for the HP 2011 and i will tell you my thoughts.

as a beginner in the headphone realm treat me with respect
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #4,489 of 4,700

yes i know.

and they also have different impedance and almost same sensitivity

so the HP 2011 are easier to drive with low quality sources such as smartphones

i will go for the HP 2011 and i will tell you my thoughts.

as a beginner in the headphone realm treat me with respect
tongue.gif

If your going to use the headphones for home or to travel, your best bet would be the ISK MDH9000. They fold in a compact way and are closed headphones. Good luck with your choices.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #4,490 of 4,700

If your going to use the headphones for home or to travel, your best bet would be the ISK MDH9000. They fold in a compact way and are closed headphones. Good luck with your choices.
smile_phones.gif

I second that.

I've had 3 iterations of the basic ISK MDH9000 design, all of them excellent (gave 2 to family & friends / kept 1). As @1clearhead says, they fold readily, are closed back (good sound isolation), so they're quite doable for travel. I think this design looks straight-forward, not outlandish at all. The Marantz' are downright handsome IMO...also quite comfortable w/great earpads.

They also sound unusually good for inexpensive headphones. Great bass, sufficient detail, decent soundstage, not bright at all.The Marantz' are my favorite closed back HPs.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #4,491 of 4,700

smile_phones.gif

i am reading good stuff about them in the polish review. Also something to note

We noticed, however, that a straight cable has less resistance than twisted cable, which noticeably reflected in the quality of sound (less "Ω" the better):
⇒ simple - 0.9 Ω
⇒ twisted - 3.0 Ω
Therefore, we strongly recommend you only use the straight-through cable.

i searched about this thing here on head-fi and i could not find something wrong about this in terms of sounding.

Just that would put more stress on the source if you are not using an amp due to the overall increased impedance

1clearhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can you please tell me the difference in sound in this particular instance? between the two included cables

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #4,492 of 4,700

i am reading good stuff about them in the polish review. Also something to note

i searched about this thing here on head-fi and i could not find something wrong about this in terms of sounding.

Just that would put more stress on the source if you are not using an amp due to the overall increased impedance

1clearhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can you please tell me the difference in sound in this particular instance? between the two included cables

The curled wire is for everyday use, while the straight wire is for more professional use like recording or studio purposes. You will notice the straight wire will make the sound signature more "fuller and stronger" when compared to the curled wire.
You can use one for home the other for travel.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #4,493 of 4,700
ok thanks

i will go for the ISK MDH9000

i am currently looking into this with aliexpress sellers if they accept easy returns in case i want to send the item back within a week in case i am not satisfied.

becayse paypal can pay you the shipping costs it helps in this situation where i cannot get prior listening.

i saw that the Lyxpro has 30 are the same and are offered from amazon.co.uk at the same price as aliexpess. but you get them quicker and with no fear about customs

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #4,494 of 4,700
They are a slimmer and plastic-like version, but are actually well made for their price point, which carries a 50mm dynamic driver that are no joke! And, who ever decides to do the slight modification will definitely hear a big difference in SQ that will drive them way beyond their price point. Just change the vinyl ear pads to velour ear pads, while removing also the cushion covering both speakers, but make sure the velour pads has a mesh screen on them when you purchase them for dust protection. You must measure the ear cup size as well for the right size. They would look something like these in their size of course.This is some examples if your shopping.....

Notice the mesh screen as I mentioned earlier.

You can also check your nearest electronics store like Radio Shack, or Best Buy's if you live in the US, or audio headphone shops else where.

What do you get after modding? .....Excellent transparency with the mids and treble, incredibly wide soundstage, and clean and quick bass and sub-bass. They are very transparent after modding them and can easily be enjoyable for hundreds of dollars less than expected!

Hope this was helpful.....

After replacing the pads and removing the thick felt disc covering the driver, I ended up with a headphone that has no bass and treble so piercing, it can cut right through my ear drums. So the tinkerer I am, I decided to take this mod a couple of steps forward.

Knowing that velour pads are mostly used on open back headphones, I tried to listen to it without the cups, just by putting the pads on the baffles and pressing them against my ears with my hands. The headphone sounded a lot better, so I came to the conclusion that this headphone should be made open.

The tuning of the driver is a bit weird too. It looks like it was engineered for an open pair of headphones, but then was used in the closed HD2000. I guess it's a way of keeping the production cost down. Instead of engineering two different drivers - one for closed, and one for open pair, just make one, and tune it according to the configuration it will be used in.

The weird thing about the tuning of the driver is the thick felt disc in front of it, and the dual layer of rice paper filter in the back, with no openings. That was probably meant to tame the treble. In addition to removing the felt disc, I cut out all of the cavities on the outer layer of the rice paper filter on the back of the driver. The outer layer was probably meant for fine tuning, but I didn't find it to have an audible affect on the sound. I cut three holes in the inner layer. One hole makes it sound a bit flat and analytical. Two additional holes elevate the mid bass and make it a bit warmer. Don't be afraid to experiment, cause you can always tape those holes back with a 3M surgical tape.

I drilled four 4mm holes in the baffle, taping them over with a surgical tape.

Drilling six 7.1mm holes in the cups, inserting metal ferrules, I harvested from a 6mm air tubing connectors and gluing the with an epoxy from the inside of the cup.

I took small pieces of speaker grill cloth, and pushed them through the ferrules using a 6mm Teflon tubing cut into pieces the length of the ferrules.

And this is the result...

This process leaves you with six 3.5mm holes in each cup, which is enough to call this headphone at least semi-open. Now it sounds like it was supposed to sound after the mod 1clearhead suggested. And looks pretty striking in my opinion.

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #4,495 of 4,700
Seems to me that the graphs for ISK MDH9000, are accurate. I am just saying that because they come from the seller company and not from independent tests.

and for the ISK HP2011 someone said they it similar to DT 770 pro which seems that this graph is also similar to the ISK HP2011 of the seller company

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #4,496 of 4,700
After replacing the pads and removing the thick felt disc covering the driver, I ended up with a headphone that has no bass and treble so piercing, it can cut right through my ear drums. So the tinkerer I am, I decided to take this mod a couple of steps forward.

Knowing that velour pads are mostly used on open back headphones, I tried to listen to it without the cups, just by putting the pads on the baffles and pressing them against my ears with my hands. The headphone sounded a lot better, so I came to the conclusion that this headphone should be made open.

The tuning of the driver is a bit weird too. It looks like it was engineered for an open pair of headphones, but then was used in the closed HD2000. I guess it's a way of keeping the production cost down. Instead of engineering two different drivers - one for closed, and one for open pair, just make one, and tune it according to the configuration it will be used in.

The weird thing about the tuning of the driver is the thick felt disc in front of it, and the dual layer of rice paper filter in the back, with no openings. That was probably meant to tame the treble. In addition to removing the felt disc, I cut out all of the cavities on the outer layer of the rice paper filter on the back of the driver. The outer layer was probably meant for fine tuning, but I didn't find it to have an audible affect on the sound. I cut three holes in the inner layer. One hole makes it sound a bit flat and analytical. Two additional holes elevate the mid bass and make it a bit warmer. Don't be afraid to experiment, cause you can always tape those holes back with a 3M surgical tape.

I drilled four 4mm holes in the baffle, taping them over with a surgical tape.

Drilling six 7.1mm holes in the cups, inserting metal ferrules, I harvested from a 6mm air tubing connectors and gluing the with an epoxy from the inside of the cup.

I took small pieces of speaker grill cloth, and pushed them through the ferrules using a 6mm Teflon tubing cut into pieces the length of the ferrules.

And this is the result...

This process leaves you with six 3.5mm holes in each cup, which is enough to call this headphone at least semi-open. Now it sounds like it was supposed to sound after the mod @1clearhead suggested. And looks pretty striking in my opinion.

WOW! That is one Frankinstein looking heck of a headphone! Nice job, though! ....Hey, if it works for you? I'm for it! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #4,498 of 4,700
Good news, I got the takstar 671. Bad news, it was not new in unopened box.
The box was beaten up and looked like it has been waterdamaged for years since the cardboard inside has mold on it. The pleather on the headphone had mold and the smell... well its outside now if thats any indication.

Also someone had taped a4 papers in the box,  no clue why.  This thing smelled like wet old books that had been in a damp basement for years. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #4,499 of 4,700
  Good news, I got the takstar 671. Bad news, it was not new in unopened box.
The box was beaten up and looked like it has been waterdamaged for years since the cardboard inside has mold on it. The pleather on the headphone had mold and the smell... well its outside now if thats any indication.

Also someone had taped a4 papers in the box,  no clue why.  This thing smelled like wet old books that had been in a damp basement for years. 

YIKE! That's terrible. Where did you order this from?

I serously hope Paypal, ebay, or a credit card were involved in case you need "backup."

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #4,500 of 4,700

YIKE! That's terrible. Where did you order this from?

I serously hope Paypal, ebay, or a credit card were involved in case you need "backup."

This thing was 45$ with 12$ shipping, only one i could find. ) 9 months ago it seems they were selling for 45$ new including shipping.
The seller first offered me 10$ refund, then 20$. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back